Yo, this can't be good (RR)

NeverEnoughMoneyNeverEnoughMoney 300 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone know the deal with this record?It's got all the desired stereotypical elements that one would think would make an interesting record, but something tells me it's garbage. It does, however, sound quite interesting. Anyone ever heard this (or even heard of it)?

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I don't think you have enough money.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    are you shilling this record?

• are you shilling this record?

I'd have to be a pretty bad marketer to promote the record in the light I did.

And, as for not having enough money to buy it, I'm not fuckin' Reynaldo. I buy shit I know I'll like and, outside of the charity auctions, I've never spent this kind of loot on a record. I haven't needed to yet.

The question still remains though: anyone heard this?

• The fact that it has 34 tracks on it would make me a bit hestitant to bid. Has all the other elements of a face-melter though. Private, prime era, recorded in a prison, from Ohio, etc. It may have some good moments but again, 34 tracks? Gives me the impression that it's a bunch of half baked nonsense.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    And, as for not having enough money to buy it, I'm not fuckin' Reynaldo. I buy shit I know I'll like and, outside of the charity auctions, I've never spent this kind of loot on a record. I haven't needed to yet.

i think that might have been a play on your name

• And, as for not having enough money to buy it, I'm not fuckin' Reynaldo. I buy shit I know I'll like and, outside of the charity auctions, I've never spent this kind of loot on a record. I haven't needed to yet.

i think that might have been a play on your name

Yeah, I was thinking that after I already pressed submit. I figured what's done is done and a little over defensive-ness never hurt anybody, right?

Oh, and 34 tracks had me second guessing too. Even over 2 records, that's a crazy amount of tracks. I usually like my spiritual jazz to build. Something about this gives me the feeling that his 'descriptive' choices were off...

That being said, I'd still love to hear this.

• That being said, I'd still love to hear this.

Step up your game! Email the winning bidder and tell him your uncle was in The Joint for murder (but it was really self defense) and turned his life around after doing a 15 year bid. This was his prison band and though he always aspired to being a working musician, the jail term killed his dream. He recently passed away and never owned a copy of this record. In his honor, you would at least like a CDR of this.

Btw, you can trade him some mp3 ra3rz in return.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    And the winner is none other than the fonky1.....

• chrischris 287 Posts

also, this is a glaring example of dudes believing the hype as seemingly no one who was placing these triple-digit bids was searching for this record beforehand, otherwise they would've bid on this unbid $25 copy that ended the day the $350 one started.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

also, this is a glaring example of dudes believing the hype as seemingly no one who was placing these triple-digit bids was searching for this record beforehand, otherwise they would've bid on this unbid $25 copy that ended the day the $350 one started.

• And the winner is none other than the fonky1.....

Ha. And this guy's calling it a rock opera...

Indeed,

I'm lovin' it. Douds would be nothing if it weren't for keywords. Can I get a witness.... maybe "funk 45"?

Tomorrow morning feels like a $300 LP day. Maybe 400. Partially cloudy with a chance of marcofunk hypability.

• chrischris 287 Posts

Ha. And this guy's calling it a rock opera...

wonder how many "hey do you still have this "john the baptist" lp for sale?" emails he's gonna get...

Where the fugg is pearson?? Yoga douds dropping coin on black prisoner rock opera records, you'd think he'd have a word for the masses.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'm frankly surprised that no-one seems to have heard this...

it may suck donkey dick, but no soulstrutter has even needle dropped the fucker?

peoples are usually so quick with their 'got it', 'not rare', 'unknown and over-rated' etc etc.

---