Back to Brazil

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Heading back down to Brazil next Monday for a 16 day visit. Got some digging hook ups in Sao Paulo and Rio but was wondering if there are any Brazilian strutters out there or people that have been in the last few months? Looking for tips on good upcoming live shows, museums, churrascarias, etc. Obrigado.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I hate you.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    You missed the Stones live in Copacabana Beach for a few weeks

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    I hate you.

I would like to join this group...but, just more on the jealousy tip..as opposed to the actual hatred...have fun! (take pictures)

Heading back down to Brazil next Monday for a 16 day visit. Got some digging hook ups in Sao Paulo and Rio but was wondering if there are any Brazilian strutters out there or people that have been in the last few months? Looking for tips on good upcoming live shows, museums, churrascarias, etc. Obrigado.

Did you get a digi camera?

Fucking 1000s of pictures are expected.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

Did you get a digi camera?

Fucking 1000s of pictures are expected.

Yeah got the camera this weekend. As far as live shows the ones listed in Sao Paulo next week that I've found so far are Foreigner, Santana and Echo and the Bunnymen. Seen the last two and have no desire to see the first.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

Hey NevilleC

I live in Sao Paulo. When are you coming to SP?
    If I'm free when you were here, I can take you to the stores I know.

P.S. Please, check your PM

Peace

Foreigner, Santana and Echo and the Bunnymen. Seen the last two and have no desire to see the first.

Dude?!?

Stop frontin

So long, I???ve been looking too hard, I???ve been waiting too long
    Sometimes I don???t know what I will find, I only know it???s a matter of time
    When you love someone, when you love someone

It feels so right, so warm and true, I need to know if you feel it too

Maybe I???m wrong, won???t you tell me if I???m coming on too strong
    This heart of mine has been hurt before, this time I wanna be sure

I???ve been waiting for a girl like you to come into my life
    I???ve been waiting for a girl like you, your loving will survive
    I???ve been waiting for someone new to make me feel alive
    Yeah, waiting for a girl like you to come into my life

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Die slow!
    Nah, I was supposed to go but had visa problems. FARGH!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun.

NevilleC

Please, clean your message box.
    I'm receiving that annoying message: this member exceeded his quota...

Peace

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

I was down there all of January. Hit me on the PM if there's anything specific you want to know about... I was in Sao Paulo, Salvador, and Recife.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Have fun man. If you find doubles of any Tim Maia LP's. Hook a brother up.

Have fun man. If you find doubles of any Tim Maia LP's. Hook a brother up.

Unfortunately the word is out down there on him and the locals price accordingly. Will keep a look out for you though.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    yeah figured as much, mainly said it in knowing that it's not that likely, but thanks for looking out.

cheers.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man Im headed down there and Argentina plus maybe a couple other stops in July. I still don't know shit about Brazil but I am stoked already.

• Have fun man. If you find doubles of any Tim Maia LP's. Hook a brother up.

Unfortunately the word is out down there on him and the locals price accordingly. Will keep a look out for you though.

Yeah. From what I hear, most dealers have the info on the world value of local LP's and singles as of late.

You've gotta find that dirty alley with the old guy who doesn't speak english and has crates of funky samba. If you accomplish this Ne*l, keep me in mind as well. Oh, and I REAAAALLY want that solo Orlandivo LP

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Samba em Parallelo is the bst of the OD LPs

and if you're looking, Ill pay $400 for Briamonte "Sambeco."

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Oh, and I REAAAALLY want that solo Orlandivo LP

he has a few albums, but I assume you want his more soulstrut friendly 1977 one.

• Oh, and I REAAAALLY want that solo Orlandivo LP

he has a few albums, but I assume you want his more soulstrut friendly 1977 one.

I'm aware he has a few, and yeah that's def the correct one. I mentioned it to Ne*l a while back. I dunno if he remembers though, I babble about too many records lately.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    have fun dudehead,
    lucky you, i want to go there sooo bad it hurrts. will be going down soon though. would love to meet up with any strutters on the digging tip when i go.

hook up the bahian cuisine. have an acaraje(sp) and spill some antartica for me!

Yeah, by a really long shot. I'm working on a dancefloor edit of 'E Samba' right now...

You've gotta find that dirty alley with the old guy who doesn't speak english and has crates of funky samba. If you accomplish this Ne*l, keep me in mind as well. Oh, and I REAAAALLY want that solo Orlandivo LP

And you'll find that dude, and you'll be pulling out hot shit left and right...

...and it will all be TRASHED. Unplayable.

Happens to me at least twice every trip to Brazil. One thrift store in Salvador was a total heartbreaker.

As far as I'm concerned it's worth paying dealer prices in SP or Rio just to save time for hanging out on the beach.

Yeah, by a really long shot. I'm working on a dancefloor edit of 'E Samba' right now...

Samba em paralelo is Orlan Divo's hardest record to find, and it's very expensive; last time I saw it seller priced it US$400, but it was new like a baby.

Samba em paralelo is Orlan Divo's hardest record to find, and it's very expensive; last time I saw it seller priced it US$400, but it was new like a baby.

worth it for mint

worth it for mint

I'm getting excited just reading this. One of the beautiful things about digging (especially in a foreign place) is that YOU NEVER KNOW what you're gonna stumble into. I've already lined up a few collections to look at (relatives of friends down there) and maybe that LP will be in there.

Yeah, I'm not a like that...

Working w/ the Whatmusic reissue...

I'm getting excited just reading this. One of the beautiful things about digging (especially in a foreign place) is that YOU NEVER KNOW what you're gonna stumble into. I've already lined up a few collections to look at (relatives of friends down there) and maybe that LP will be in there.

So hot! Good luck man. Stay away from the Baby Consuelo records! And PM me with any doubles

So hot! Good luck man. Stay away from the Baby Consuelo records![/b] And PM me with any doubles

Hatter!

Do you know Novos Baianos? She's the singer and a pretty good one.
    But I know what you mean, her solo works don't delivery any good.

Peace