Douds who don't leave feedback

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Sup with that shit?I mean, if you're dissatisfied, say sangthin, but if not, why not leave feedback?Kinda weak. That shit happen to yall?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    yes and it totally bugged me. i left her a very nice comment and she gave me squat.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've almost made this post in the past. I hate it - I mean, I've sold easily twice the shit I have feedback for. I don't think these are dis-satisfied people either - just lazy.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i forget ALL the time... damn...

then i get this pussy shit about "PLLLLEASE LEAVE ME FEEDBACK!" all filling up my email. what the fuck is wrong with you people? ITS SILLY! feedback even...

whatever... ill go do it now since theres complainers.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I always leave feedback as a buyer. It's a nice way to let the seller know it arrived okay. As a seller, though, I don't always because it takes too long for a large number of items. They need to have a batch feedback area or something. I'll return the favor if a buyer leaves me positive feedback, though. Speaking of that, 99Crates left me the best feedback ever!

DJ FERRARI IS THE SELLER AND SUPER DUDE !!!!!!!! ALSO DJ FERRARI OWNS YOUR KIDS

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I almost always leave feedback, but it's something I do about once every 1-2 months. I hate when people pay for something and 5 minutes later they're like "Can you leave feedback? NOW!!?"

I don't even keep track of who gives me feedback or doesn't. As long as it's positive when I get it I'm happy. I've got more important shit to worry about.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

whatever... ill go do it now since theres complainers.

RESULTS!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Sup with that shit?

I mean, if you're dissatisfied, say sangthin, but if not, why not leave feedback?

Kinda weak. That shit happen to yall?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    It never really bugs me. You only really need so much feedback to establish your trustworthiness to other Ebayers.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

For some reason this made me look back through my feedback. Here's my first ever:

Smooth transaction, quick response, highly recommended !!! A+++++++++++++
    yoshiki-2000 ( 120) Apr-13-99 22:23 78583940

Ahhh, the good ol' days.

I also got everyone I knew to leave positive before it had to be transaction related. ha.

I feel like an old head, but I'm not.

• it seems like with the majority of Ebay transactions these days, there's something a little dissatisfying about it, like the seller took a long time to send it, or its *not quite* VG+ or whatever stated condition.
    In these cases, i don't consider it a big enough deal to leave negative feedback (and risk GETTING negative feedback), so i'll just NOT leave feedback, and file away the seller's name as someone i don't really want to buy from again.

i guess i could leave neutral feedback in these cases, but

This is NOT directed at anyone in this thread. Almost all Strutters i've bought from online have been on point, and i always make sure to leave positives when the seller is fully on point (ok i might forget every once in a while)

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Maybe folks are really busy, and they aren't that happy with what they got and they where taught (Hey that rhymed..) if you ain't got nothin good to say don't say it at all... Like Ernie Ford said, "why don't folks know, David Axelrod did produce one of my LP's and yet they don't post my LP up on Wax Poetec's, thank you Ironfeet for descovering my record!" - hey I'm just quoting!!!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    I'm really done with the 'bay. Or atleast taking a nice long period off. Buying LP's, selling LP's, irritable buyers, questionable sellers, past few weeks ive been going back more and more to record shops. alot of good joints poppin up lately. good records, academy records in brooklyn, halcyon in dumbo. Alot of cool shop owners and employees lately man. really enjoying my experience as of late. Ebay has just been some stressing shit. I give props to anyone who continously buys and sells LPs on ebay. Its a job on its own

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I hate it - I mean, I've sold easily twice the shit I have feedback for. I don't think these are dis-satisfied people either - just lazy.

Yup.

I always leave feedback as a buyer. It's a nice way to let the seller know it arrived okay. As a seller, though, I don't always because it takes too long for a large number of items. They need to have a batch feedback area or something.

A HREF=http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?GetAndShowTransactions&userid=&otheruserid=default&item=0&nflw=1&page=1>Feedback Forum, Mr. Ferrari./A>

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    And there it is! Thanks... now I have no excuse.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It's exactly the "can't be bothered it takes too long" attitude that irks me though. I mean, you have time to fuck around on soulstrut, set your snipes, watch your items and do all other manner of things but can't leave feedback that takes, oh, 60 seconds???

I'm not talking about sales that just ended either. Month or two old shit.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Yeah, not leaving a positive feedback is some bullshit.

I once paid a dude for a record and the guy took a long ass time (approximately 1 month) to mail it to me. I didn't leave a neutral and/or negative feedback, because I understood what he was going thru.

And for all of that, I didn't even get a positive feedback. I'll never cop shit from that guy again. Never.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I wouldn't mind more feedback but I can't be assed to worry about it.

Every customer gets feedback. I wouldn't mind knowing what they think but I know it was a smooth transaction on my part. That's all that matters, knowing inside. Nah, just playin, but really, to me it's just watching the star change colors. Maybe when my score goes from 99 to 5,000 it will mean more to me, Nah, probably less.

• Thank god for dudes like AP and other quantity (and quality) sellers who have some automatic-feedback-leaving softwarez.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i'd like to leave you some positive feedback on that Bond record:

Top Strut seller! A++++! Fast delivery, good condition, easy transaction.

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    My beef with feedback is that (almost) everyone on ebay is way too generous! People should stick to the facts (shipment, communication, product representation, packaging etc.) and leave out this A++++++++++++++++++...... sh!t! Wouldn't it be great if feedback was as conservative as a good record-dealer - at least you'd know the deal.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I almost always leave feedback, but it's something I do about once every 1-2 months. I hate when people pay for something and 5 minutes later they're like "Can you leave feedback? NOW!!?"

This is how I do it, too, although if a seller asks me in the
    1st e-mail or in the package (as many do) to leave feedback, I try
    to do it right away.

I do however leave feedback the way I wish other people would -
    for records, at least - I comment on the grading, shipping time,
    packaging quality, etc.

I just think:

"Nice price, conservative grading, shipped quickly and well packed"

is more helpful to other buyers than:

"A++++++++ GRAET SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I leave neutral sometimes, like when dudes wait 2 weeks after getting
    paid to put shit in the mail, just to warn people don't expect speed,
    or if they call it NM and it's VG+. Sellers can get mad like "why did
    you leave neutral feedback we could have worked it out" but that isn't
    the point of feedback, it's to let other eBay users know what to expect,
    so dude saying he would have given me a refund or whatever isn't the point.
    Dudes who call any & everything NM need to be put on blast IMO.

• I almost always leave feedback, but it's something I do about once every 1-2 months. I hate when people pay for something and 5 minutes later they're like "Can you leave feedback? NOW!!?"

This is how I do it, too, although if a seller asks me in the
    1st e-mail or in the package (as many do) to leave feedback, I try
    to do it right away.

I do however leave feedback the way I wish other people would -
    for records, at least - I comment on the grading, shipping time,
    packaging quality, etc.

I just think:

"Nice price, conservative grading, shipped quickly and well packed"

is more helpful to other buyers than:

"A++++++++ GRAET SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I leave neutral sometimes, like when dudes wait 2 weeks after getting
    paid to put shit in the mail, just to warn people don't expect speed,
    or if they call it NM and it's VG+. Sellers can get mad like "why did
    you leave neutral feedback we could have worked it out" but that isn't
    the point of feedback, it's to let other eBay users know what to expect,
    so dude saying he would have given me a refund or whatever isn't the point.
    Dudes who call any & everything NM need to be put on blast IMO.

Well, yeah but you're hurting yourself by burning your bridges with the seller. You gets no refund dawg. I mean, as a seller I would really hope my buyers would let me know if there's a problem because I do everything I can to fix it. (And there have been very few problems but I do make a mistake every once in a while. Pretty much everyone does because that's what humans do.) Now, if you give a seller a chance to fix something and they don't, then do what you have to do w/ feedback. Funny enough the only neutral I've ever gotten was from some dipshit in North Dakota buying like a $5 rap record who just couldn't wait to get his record, which I had sent the same day he paid.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How am I burning my bridges?

I don't say "this guy's an asshole, don't buy!"

I say, "good deal, nice item, but waited 2 weeks to ship"

I don't see how the seller can "fix" these things, they have
    already happened. And I do sell on eBay myself, so I'm not being
    one-sided about it. I would expect the same if I waited 2 weeks to
    ship something, no matter what my excuse was. Neutral feedback isn't
    negative feedback - although people act like it is and get bent out of
    shape ... I don't understand the concept of being sort of bribed to not
    tell potential bidders the truth about your experience.

Like I said, my positive feedback has thought put into it, too, not just
    an A with a bunch of plus signs after it - I don't see the point in leaving
    feedback if you aren't going to mention the actual transaction.

Oh, and when people have resolved problems for me, I leave it in the feedback,
    like if it was warped and they took it back I don't put them on blast or
    anything, I leave positive saying "seller handled problem professionally" or
    something like that. I just don't see what there is to "resolve" when you get
    your item 5 weeks after you pay for it because the seller couldn't be bothered
    to mail it for 3 weeks.

• How am I burning my bridges?

I don't say "this guy's an asshole, don't buy!"

I say, "good deal, nice item, but waited 2 weeks to ship"

I don't see how the seller can "fix" these things, they have
    already happened. And I do sell on eBay myself, so I'm not being
    one-sided about it. I would expect the same if I waited 2 weeks to
    ship something, no matter what my excuse was. Neutral feedback isn't
    negative feedback - although people act like it is and get bent out of
    shape ... I don't understand the concept of being sort of bribed to not
    tell potential bidders the truth about your experience.

Like I said, my positive feedback has thought put into it, too, not just
    an A with a bunch of plus signs after it - I don't see the point in leaving
    feedback if you aren't going to mention the actual transaction.

Oh, and when people have resolved problems for me, I leave it in the feedback,
    like if it was warped and they took it back I don't put them on blast or
    anything, I leave positive saying "seller handled problem professionally" or
    something like that. I just don't see what there is to "resolve" when you get
    your item 5 weeks after you pay for it because the seller couldn't be bothered
    to mail it for 3 weeks.

Yeah, I think we're talking about two different things in a way. I'm talking more about honest mistakes that a seller might make, and giving them a chance to redress them before leaving a neutral or negative feedback. You're more talking about negligence on the part of the seller, and holding them accountable. But I do think an offer of a refund should be viewed as part of your experience with a seller, and not as some external component.

• is this like not tipping in restaurants?

for the record:

I'm an excellent tipper, poor feedback giver (AY YO!)

• OK so here's a related question:

How much positive feedback do you need to start slanging bigger (like $30 and up) records on the Bay? I'm just now getting my Ebay selling career going and eventually will need to move some bigger things than this initial auction (starting tomorrow!). Do you guys shy away from people with like 100% but only 10 or so positive feedbacks? I don't want to start letting things go "below market value"

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

i'd like to leave you some positive feedback on that Bond record:

Top Strut seller! A++++! Fast delivery, good condition, easy transaction.
    Muchos gracias, mi amiga!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    OK so here's a related question:

How much positive feedback do you need to start slanging bigger (like $30 and up) records on the Bay? I'm just now getting my Ebay selling career going and eventually will need to move some bigger things than this initial auction (starting tomorrow!). Do you guys shy away from people with like 100% but only 10 or so positive feedbacks? I don't want to start letting things go "below market value"
    I'm not an expert on this, but I sold some $100+ pieces with 18 positive feedback and one negative (didn't want to pay for something when I was a brokeass in high school.) I do think that if you are planning on selling a lot of big pieces it is worth it to build up feedback with a few cheap auctions. Also, if you have 100% feedback with only a few transactions but your eBay account is relatively old, that also lends credibility.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah, I certainly would like to get feedback after a good transaction, but hey, I just figure some people don't really spend that much time worrying about their ebay shit!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    OK so here's a related question:

I'm not an expert on this, but I sold some $100+ pieces with 18 positive feedback and one negative (didn't want to pay for something when I was a brokeass in high school.) I do think that if you are planning on selling a lot of big pieces it is worth it to build up feedback with a few cheap auctions. Also, if you have 100% feedback with only a few transactions but your eBay account is relatively old, that also lends credibility.
    More knowledge dropping plaese!

Myself thinking of selling off some items of raerness but currently building up feedback.

My question is: Is there such a thing as a starting price being too low? I can understand with crazy baller records, giving an air of reissueness but generally should a lot of thought be put into the starting price or no?