DILDO 1.5

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Any final thoughts? I know some of you have been using the beta version for a minute now and everything I've read overall has been mixed reviews. I'm looking to take the plunge before I break out to Miami this month and wanted to know what the overall strut consensus is before I do eet. is

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    do eet.
    is

been on it for a few months and never had a problem yet. IMO, best build yet

are you on a pc or mac?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shits been rock solid on this pc for me so far. try it out for a week before you go and see if you run into any problems.

• Do it right now. You're gonna love it (even if I haven't figured out instant doubles). So many great new features, incl. but not limited to recording from vinyl, protect ya deck (i.e. you can't load a song onto the deck that's playing), protect your library (no more accidental deletions) and more.

DJ Revolution was using it to great effect at our gig a few weeks ago.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm on a Compaq running Windows XP. 1.4 has been solid as hell with just the occasional glitch (which normally was due to needles, connections etc.). I'll give it a shot. I trust you guys....

really, I do.

There's a whole bunch of stuff in the new version I've been anxious to try (loops? yes plaese) so I'm gonna go for it. I shall holler.
    *And Ross, I'll get that to you this week. Yousendit was running for over an hour with no luck so maybe AIM is the move?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damn.
    Why didn't you guys tell me this before I installed?

Known issues:[/b]

CTRL+Z does not work in italian keyboards if capslock is on

fuck that.

Do it right now. You're gonna love it (even if I haven't figured out instant doubles).

dog, did you setup screen > instant doubles?

you in relative mode right?

Aim me brewster...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    issues on mac?

issues on mac?

everyone's experience is different. Mine has been great recently, especially with 1.5 (latest beta)
    the serato team is on the ball with theirs. make that move.

• i've been scared, but i think i'm going to take the plunge after this weekends gigs

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    2 questions:

Do you need to build overviews again if you install 1.5?

&

When your rip lps using Serato on 1.5, can you choose where you want to save the file (i.e, to your external harddrive)?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    2 questions:

Do you need to build overviews again if you install 1.5?

&

When your rip lps using Serato on 1.5, can you choose where you want to save the file (i.e, to your external harddrive)?

In the beta version - no. I don't know why they didn't include a designatable download target but there's a set folder where recorded files go. I just digitize in batches, then copy it all over to an external drive.

[rumor] There will be no 1.5 final [/rumor]

The TTM57SL will be bundled with 1.6. It's not a TTM57Sl specific build but the DSP chip does activate the built in effects and key correction. The 57 is shipping less than a month from now

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Damn.
    Why didn't you guys tell me this before I installed?

Known issues:[/b]

CTRL+Z does not work in italian keyboards if capslock is on

fuck that.

HAHAHAHAHA

• i posted this but it somehow got deleted...

i went to the serato forums but could not find the download
    where is the link for either 1.4 or 1.5 ? i am still on 1.3
    i need to get familiar before miami..any help would be appreciated

you need to create a user account and login to the forums, then a 'hidden' forum appears (a la real headz)

"scratchlive 1.5 public beta - release notes and downloads"

I just noticed they are up to 1.5 beta4 now...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    digitize batches

so what's the deal with skipping? that's probably the only thing keeping me serato-free.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    digitize batches

so what's the deal with skipping? that's probably the only thing keeping me serato-free.
    you mean skipping during serato playback? if your shit is configured properly, you shouldn't skip at all. i literally had shit running 15 minutes out of the box so configuration is nothing

digitize batches

Relative mode, homie. skipless. relative mode allows for easy trick mixing too. most cats don't know even how to use it.

• relitive is all i use.

i also have a midiman keyboard with midistroke (free mac program) so my MIDI notes get convertied to keyboard shortcuts. that makes it so once i beatmatch a track, than just hit the "load track" key to have it go back to the start of the song, or hit one of the cue points

I do the same with the number keys and caps lock.. phrasing and shit. it's deop
    I just need to incorporate it more.

you need to create a user account and login to the forums, then a 'hidden' forum appears (a la real headz)

"scratchlive 1.5 public beta - release notes and downloads"

I just noticed they are up to 1.5 beta4 now...

found it...thanks