What's the origin of "Private Mind garden"?

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I find it hilarious, but what's the reference?

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

faux_rillz arguing about my pricing of Demon Fuzz.

"...maybe in your own private mind garden that record is $50..."

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

faux_rillz arguing about my pricing of Demon Fuzz.

"...maybe in your own private mind garden that record is $50..."
    That may have been an early appearance of the phrase, but I seem to recall Paycheck attributing its actual origin to--wait for it--Freestyle Fellowship (though I think he said the original line was "private rhyme garden").

If you listen carefully, you can hear worlds colliding.

• That may have been an early appearance of the phrase, but I seem to recall Paycheck attributing its actual origin to--wait for it--Freestyle Fellowship (though I think he said the original line was "private rhyme garden").

If you listen carefully, you can hear worlds colliding.

Ha! That's right...I just listened to that record last week. spoken intro to "5 o'clock follies," maybe?

(puts on FF record...)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you do not know the origin of "private mind garden" you could quite possibly be existing in one at the moment.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    it always makes me think of this -

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Pretty sure I was the first person on this site to use the term and it is indeed from the Freestyle Fellowship record. Me and my folks have been saying it for years.

Everyone knows that all slang comes from the Bay Area, but we really got it all from PROJECT BLOWED.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Pretty sure I was the first person on this site to use the term and it is indeed from the Freestyle Fellowship record. Me and my folks have been saying it for years.

Everyone knows that all slang comes from the Bay Area, but we really got it all from PROJECT BLOWED.

praise be to him, the almighty Archaic

• Pretty sure I was the first person on this site to use the term and it is indeed from the Freestyle Fellowship record. Me and my folks have been saying it for years.

you buys quote Fellowship lines on the regular?

j/k

We got it from Project Blowed but they got it from Blow Fly

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

As I like to take the credit for just about everything, I would also like to take this opportunity to take all credit for PROJECT BLOWED.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

you buys quote Fellowship lines on the regular?

j/k

We got it from Project Blowed but they got it from Blow Fly

Don't forget who to tought you how to wear a kufi lil buddy...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    post the private mind garden graemlin STAT

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    All I know is that I was the first person here to proclaim "ZING!"

and I'm still gloating after all these years.

• Pretty sure I was the first person on this site to use the term and it is indeed from the Freestyle Fellowship record.

"Mind Gardens" is also the title of a relatively shitty Byrds song. Of course, the Byrds got that expression from an in utero E-40.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    "if you stepped off diplo's jock long enough to look outside your own private mind garden, you might have a better frame of reference, hommie. "

for those w/ good memory

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    post the private mind garden graemlin STAT

Esther Rolle - The Garden of My Mind

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

"Mind Gardens" is also the title of a relatively shitty Byrds song.

buggin'.