Fader probelms, Rane TTM 56

RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Having a few problems with the faders (volume & cross) on my Rane TTM 56, so I was wondering if anyones had similar problems before.....When I turn the mixer on none of the faders work properly at all, if I slide the volume faders up and down the volume of the record in not affected, similiarly if I slide the crossfader to the "off" position it doesnt cut off the sound at all. I usually have to turn the mixer on and off a few times in order to get it working properly, & even at that if I dont use the faders for a minute or two it reverts back to being fucked up. I've tried the tips on the Rane website but nothing has changed, the mixer is only about 2 years old so I reckon I shouldnt be having these problems.......can anyone help??

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    open up the bitch and make sure that ALL of the ribbon connectors from the faders to the PC boards are properly connected. That's what your volume fader probs sound like to me. For some reason the rane TTM ribbon connectors are real loose on the pc board, so after a good couple years of bang up, they come apart.

Other than that maybe the general recc of:

1. %5 caig solution
    2. super soft baby's toothbrush
    3. hair dryer set to cool
    4. paper towels

have your shits smooth and clean lika crisco oil.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

Thanks for the tips Cashless, I reckon its proper fucked though, nothing seems to fix it.......back to Rane HQ for a service I think