FINALLY, A SOUTH BAY EVENT!!!!!

downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
edited March 2006 in Announcements
Bay Area Strutters,Just wanted to start advertising for far as I know, the first EVER San Jose DJ/record collector/music lover listening party and record swap!The details:The night is called "Dig Dug", hosted by Nate "Ennui" LeBlanc and sponsored by the Anno Domini gallery - 366 So. First Street downtown San Jose.Each event will feature guest sets from discerning DJs and astute collectors 8-11 pm every second and fourth Tuesday of the month starting March 14thThe opening event should have quite a crowd, as the gallery presents a great setting (and yes, will be selling beer and wine), and an excellent alternative to the traditional early/weekend record swaps.We are looking for a few more sellers for this kick-off event, but space is limited!To get involved email Nate - [email]recsineffect@yahoo.com[/email] or call (408) 271-5151(or you can reply to myself on the PM if you choose)- Jeff

Comments

• I heartily endorsal this product/event...these cats are really good peeps and got some great ideas in motion.

Best of luck to y'all with the show!

Sellers, get at these dudes for table space.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Sellers, get at these dudes for table space.

did and done! see yall there...

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    did and done! see yall there...

Yo J, I'm off work early that day (around 2:30) holler if you want to try and hit up some spots before hand and maybe grab some taco's...

-B-

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'll be there selling too... and probably buying. Looking forward to it. Yay south bay!

DJ Ferrari

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    I'll be there selling too... and probably buying. Looking forward to it. Yay south bay!

DJ Ferrari

yay south bay! im thurr.

• co-sign on what every body said. just make sure the the ever famous hot san jose girls are reppin' at a record convention.

• glad to see some feedback already... thanks everyone so far for the help, tips, info, etc's...

b - tacos & beers will be perfect before hand - i gotta get ruffnready to ask t.i. why the constant 'thizz barrage???

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    hey nate!!

will try to make it most def(check your p.m's)

peace
    adrian

if anyone from the city is going please send me a PM if you can give me and my two boxes a ride to the sbay.

waiting on a homie to tell me if he can run me down there.... not sure if thats going to happen though.

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    if anyone from the city is going please send me a PM if you can give me and my two boxes a ride to the sbay.

Hey J*st*n,

I could get you from and back to the trainstation down here in SJ, but I'm just not really sure how practical that would be.?..

let me know

hey nate!!

will try to make it most def(check your p.m's)

peace
    adrian

Yo Adrian,

'Downtown72' is Jeff Jagged not Nate.

-B-

here is the latest news and line-up on Dig-Dug via Nate:

my friends and i are always talking about how we want a chill place to hang out and listen to music that's not a bar or a friend's house-- it's neutral territory. i believe i have created that destination. i call it dig dug and i think of it as a listening party. it's a place where my friends and i, many of whom are among the finest DJs in the bay area, can play whatever we want without having to worry about what drunk clubgoers want to hear. the vital stats are below. please spread the word as you see fit.

Anno Domini presents

Dig Dug
    A listening party and late night record swap

Hosted by Nate "Ennui" LeBlanc

Each event features guest sets from discerning DJs and astute collectors

For our premier we are blessed with the talents of:

DJs:
    Lynn Ness[/b]- a local producer and jazz aficionado
    Cutso[/b]- the best party-rocking DJ in all of San Jose and perhaps the Bay Area
    Age[/b]- a deeply respected local DJ/producer and collector who will also have a few crates for sale

Dealers:
    Jeff Jagged[/b]- local DJ/drummer extraordinaire known for his eclectic selections
    DJ Ferrari[/b]- another SJ local who specializes in funk and soul
    King Most[/b]- Bay Area DJ/producer/collector/soulstrutter
    Justin Torres[/b]- the self described "surliest record dealer in the Bay Area"

8-11 pm every second and fourth Tuesday of the month starting March 14th

Event info and lineups at www.galleryad.com and www.villagesavant.com

AD is located at 366 S. 1st St. in the old Camera One building[/b]

To get involved email Nate [email]recsineffect@yahoo.com[/email] or call (408) 271-5151

Justin Torres[/b]- the self described "surliest record dealer in the Bay Area"

ummm... can we change this? that was something that Patrick wrote as a joke. i only put that in my Location as a joke...

am i that fucking surly? you strutters fucking suck bullballs...

im grumpy but mostly because of my leg issues... im not always grumpy? okay sometimes im cranky but you would be too if you saw the way your city has changed by a worthless band of morons who dont know good music and love shitty radio station playlists. okay okay and maybe im a hater at times but no worse than jon, zvi, or any other haters on the board.

die soulstrut... die.

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Yo Adrian,

'Downtown72' is Jeff Jagged not Nate.

-B-

my bad.sorry mr. jeff and thanks brian for the correction.

peace
    adrian

• no worries A... btw, thank you everyone again for keeping this post page 1 status!!!

and here's a little image bump:

• I'm going to try to make it to this too. Is there any table space left? Or would anyone be down to share a table? I wouldn't be bringing much, just one or two crates and some 45s.

• you're in - check the PM