Les Baxter discography vs. filmography?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Les did a shitload of soundtracks. I imagine alot of these were probably not released on vinyl. I'm having a hard time finding a complete discography that seperates what he did with what was officially released as an LP.For example, last night I was watching 'Panic In The Year Zero!', and the music was kind of swinging, so when the credits came, lo and behold, the music was by Les. So I hit the internets trying to figure out if this had ever had a proper release or not and wound up with only frustration.Even if there was no proper release originally, it seems strange in this day and age that people haven't found the source material and reissued his lesser known soundtracks. arg.breakfast time.

Comments

• NutsNuts 44 Posts
    If you haven't allready, try Soundtrackcollector

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah I tried there... it was vague.... thanks anyways though.

Anybody else? I would have thought that Pickwick would come through on this one....

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts

Even if there was no proper release originally, it seems strange in this day and age that people haven't found the source material and reissued his lesser known soundtracks.

I've heard they used the studio tapes again and again so the only source for his unreleased music would be the 35mm print itself, mixed with the rest of the sounds. It's a shame Les Baxter didn't run a personal tape alongside... or made a copy for himself before the music was deleted. I wish he had.

Soundtrackcollector has all the info on what's released, no?

filmography/discography

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

yes Les was unbelievable.......the Switchblade Sisters ost would have been a really great Lp.......check the title theme !!!!!!

another guy of the is Alberto Baldan Bembo......who knows his complete dicography ? soundtrack collector list just a bunch of the usual titles but look how many osts he worked on........

http://www.cinematografo.it/bdcm/bancadati_qrycast.asp?ida=6221&o=T&ty=AT

who is a fan ? how many of his records you have ?