Your FRESHEST pair of shoe's you payed least for?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Bright Yellow Shells (Hi-Tops) with Brite Red 3 stripes! $7 at the Adidas outlet! Had the man below the radar buggin for some.... It's like dollar bin finds!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I had these dope [/b] pairs of black addidas shell-toes with camo stipes. I need another pair. I had folks step to me all the time about them.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Had the man below the radar buggin for some.... It's like dollar bin finds!

you had nice Nikes on this weekend, L
    I have wide feet, so I can only barely wear Vans and Adidas

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Word people bug out, thinking I paid crazy e-bay loot... But they don't know Mango won't have none of that so they caught the VAPORS!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I have a pear of hot, hot, hot Adidas Dragons in electric blue I paid $50 for. I've never owned a pair of shoes that so many people would look down at. I need at least three more pairs, but they're now gone forever.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I had these dope [/b] pairs of black addidas shell-toes with camo stipes. I need another pair. I had folks step to me all the time about them.

aaaaaand they where a gift. You'll never catch Yung Phawnikz "coping pieces at full market price".

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts
    I get free shoes and clothes from circa every month-----but it seems like I still buy alot of gear----------I got my regular Cash and a free pair of Nike Shanghai's last fall for a show that I played at.............I just bought a new pair of beige suede wallabee's..........it was time to upgrade, about 8 years ago I found a brand new old pair in brown suede at Value Village in Victoria B.C. for $7.......that was pretty tight

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I get a box of FREE Nike's about once every other month.

Most recently:

-NIKE SB Harris Tweed Hi's

-NIKE Delta FORCE Mid's full grain leather. Very grown.

And a bunch of other ill shit that I'm not sure of the name.

Being a industry "cool guy" is a good thing. Law School won't get you free gear.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I copped these:

... for $10.

It took me a couple weeks to find a pair in my size (13), but I did it! Now... it's too hot to rock them. I still haven't.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

1989: adidas zx8000 $29.99 JC Pennys sale rack
    1992: deadstock adidas superstar low RUN-DMC edition (elastic tongue) $15 Building 19
    1993: deadstock puma clyde blue/white (gluesole--no stitching) $5 Harve's Shoe Box

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    Being a industry "cool guy" is a good thing. Law School won't get you free gear.
    please drop some science...How can I become an industry cool guy

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Black and White Royal Elastics - $15 @ JC Penny's Outlet.

Steel toed Timberland Work boots (with the gear on the side, not the tree) - $30 at the same place.

Work for a company that produces a desirable product that can be reciprocated with equal flow.

Work for a company that produces a desirable product that can be reciprocated with equal flow.

does that mean that you are trading off shit, or are you able to demand or request their product so that you are (in a way) advertising for them?

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts

does that mean that you are trading off shit, or are you able to demand or request their product so that you are (in a way) advertising for them?

the former usually requires scamming shit on the low from the company you work for, or, finding a loophole-----------

the latter is the preferred way to go---------demands don't work well, requests do, and you usually have to know someone in the industry that is in a position to hook you up, and they in turn, have to know or have heard about you........

Both.

I send them our gear and they send me theirs. Since we don't directly compete with each other everybody is happy and indirectly advertising for each other.

Demanding things is tacky. Usually I link up with a person who works for a company whose brand I like. I send them some free shit. Then they typically offer to reciprocate. Wash and repeat until your closet is fully pimped.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I've had the Nike Air Huaraches (for Basketball) in 93 and the Black/Purple Air Max in 91. My moms bought those for me when I was in junior/high school for my Cross Country/Track/Basketball teams.

I've got 4 pairs of adidas shelltoes in various states (harvest brown stripes ($30), silver stripes ($30), all white (free from brother), and 3/4 version w/ black stripes ($40).

...but I finally broke down and paid $100 for the Black-on-Black Air Penny IIIs.

Like 'em or not (I did), they were the best basketball shoes I've ever owned. The court grip was unbelieveable. Supple deer-tan leather. Wierd but effective Foamposite sides. I babied them through my last year of college (only indoor hoops, cleaning after every use). They were stolen a year later while still in VG condition.

I still dream about those things. ([color:white]not really[/color])

Both.

I send them our gear and they send me theirs. Since we don't directly compete with each other everybody is happy and indirectly advertising for each other.

Demanding things is tacky. Usually I link up with a person who works for a company whose brand I like. I send them some free shit. Then they typically offer to reciprocate. Wash and repeat until your closet is fully pimped.

Nate... Peace to you for the advise homie

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    FREE

Not as nice as Nate's freebies, though.