Damn it Gilles...

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4838903853&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 Man, I found this record about a year ago in a dollar bin and I thought it was my secret dancefloor jazz discovery. Apparently not. Seems like every time I come up on something like this, I find out later that it's old news. Post your 'thought I discovered it, but really didn't' records.DJ Ferrari

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

Man, I found this record about a year ago in a dollar bin and I thought it was my secret dancefloor jazz discovery. Apparently not. Seems like every time I come up on something like this, I find out later that it's old news.

Post your 'thought I discovered it, but really didn't' records.

DJ Ferrari

Known or not, that is truly a RAER find, esp. for a dollar...you sure got some superior diggin skillz!

This one was covered in WaxPo a few issues ago, I think.

SG

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    the japanese already know every good jazz dance record there is, more so than gilles, they haunt my dreams, i am over trying to have secret records

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i am over trying to have secret records

!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the japanese already know every good jazz dance record there is

It's really scary.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Known or not, that is truly a RAER find, esp. for a dollar...you sure got some superior diggin skillz!

SG

Hardly... Big Al's dollar bin. It's so easy to write that place off, but I pull heat almost every time I go there. I got some crazy ill gospel record from Sacramento there on Saturday called Valley of Decisions. Anyone know about that? Jinx? Someone needs to come up in here and tell me I didn't discover that either

Musta missed that WaxPo article... I've missed a lot of issues lately. Thanks dude.

DJ Ferrari

the japanese already know every good jazz dance record there is, more so than gilles, they haunt my dreams, i am over trying to have secret records

It's really scary.

yeah in my dreams they appear like one of their horror movies with hair covering their face crawling on the floor making death rattle sounds trying to steal my good hard bop records

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    they haunt my dreams

looking at your avatar and reading this, almost caused me to fall outta my chair laughing.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

It's really scary.

yeah in my dreams they appear like one of their horror movies with hair covering their face crawling on the floor making death rattle sounds trying to steal my good hard bop records

In real life it's almost as scary. I've been witness to the flashlight/whistel blowing "digging crews" at 5AM.

they haunt my dreams

looking at your avatar and reading this, almost caused me to fall outta my chair laughing.

actually my avatar is a sex offender that my place of work finally let go

hes kinda of a scarier boo radley character

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I "discovered" it in the latest issue of Wax Po.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    they haunt my dreams

actually my avatar is a sex offender that my place of work finally let go

hes kinda of a scarier boo radley character

make it go away.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Post your 'thought I discovered it, but really didn't' records.

not that I discovered it, but I was chilling with FunkyExample a few times and he played this for me

I found a copy just recently and was running around like an excited schoolgirl.

Than I saw that "Post a record that Dante has never seen before" thread and it turns out everyone and their baby's mama has a copy

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that's a cool track

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I found that record last Saturday. Que mundo mas pequeno!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    the japanese already know every good jazz dance record there is

It's really scary.

So is there a Japanese equivalent to Soul Strut? Or is everything still all hush-hush word of mouth over there?

• Known or not, that is truly a RAER find, esp. for a dollar...you sure got some superior diggin skillz!

SG

Hardly... Big Al's dollar bin. It's so easy to write that place off, but I pull heat almost every time I go there. I got some crazy ill gospel record from Sacramento there on Saturday called Valley of Decisions. Anyone know about that? Jinx? Someone needs to come up in here and tell me I didn't discover that either

Musta missed that WaxPo article... I've missed a lot of issues lately. Thanks dude.

DJ Ferrari

I*an,
    I found a copy of that Valley Of Decisions at Record Surplus in LA a few months ago. I sold it to someone from the Strut (can't remember who now).

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I*an,
    I found a copy of that Valley Of Decisions at Record Surplus in LA a few months ago. I sold it to someone from the Strut (can't remember who now).

Word... that Peace track is friggin bonkers. Fastest horns ever... kinda sounds like the track from the montage scene in Ocean's Twelve. Other than that, it's pretty standard issue.