pittsburgh record stores????

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
anyone know of any spots that buy and sell them vinyls?please to let a brother know....Cheers...

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    There's a ton and they all suck now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    jerry's on murray ave in squirrel hill

Check "Trader Jack's" flea market in Bridgeville, PA. I've retired from digging so I can give that one up.

I've retired from digging

did you get a gold watch?

Until Spring

Regardless, I'm becoming less guarded about records, less paranoid... You can only do that for so long. I wish I knew the flea where the mack comes up so I could give up that spot too. Oh and if you have the time "george's song shop" in Johnstown has/had buttloads of 45s.

Check the Landfills too. PGH was ravaged by floods a little while a go and the sanitation workers have been coming the fuck up!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

This deserves an e-ceremony.

Check the Landfills too.

• jerry's on murray ave in squirrel hill

cosine. jerry's is tops in the Burgh. He doesn't generally have raers but sometimes you get lucky.

Add the Attic on grant in Millvale, which is just outside of town. not always great and kind of disorganized (at least for LPs) but still solid after the flood, and generally nice management.

there's a place called D&J's or something in Carnegie but its overpriced and the owner's a real jerk. lots of clean 45s though.

feel free to PM if you want. peace

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    hey everyone....

many thanks for all the info, as hopefully I'll be passing through this weekend. I had totally forgotten about Jerrys, so thanks. I was unaware of the flood (we Canadians don't get all the news), and I hope that nobody here was washed out by it. Here's really hoping not...

jerry's on murray ave in squirrel hill

cosine. jerry's is tops in the Burgh. He doesn't generally have raers but sometimes you get lucky.

Jerry's does have raers but he auctions them off on their web site.

• jerry's on murray ave in squirrel hill

Jerry's does have raers but he auctions them off on their web site.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Check the Landfills too.

I believe this, I've had landfill operators tell me crazy stories. I've thrown away a my fair share in records too, albeit 99% crap.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

Until Spring

Regardless, I'm becoming less guarded about records, less paranoid... You can only do that for so long. I wish I knew the flea where the mack comes up so I could give up that spot too. Oh and if you have the time "george's song shop" in Johnstown has/had buttloads of 45s.
    trader jacks is MEHHH. i came up on a few cunimondos out there before but it's usually pretty weak. that place in johnstown does have a buttload of 45's. ive only been there twice though and never really came up on any heaters. theres a few other fleas and little spots i could put you up on. send me a PM

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Check the Landfills too. PGH was ravaged by floods a little while a go and the sanitation workers have been coming the fuck up!

Here, if you find 45s from specific chunks of the alphabet, you've hit on the first two feet of stock from our favorite spot in Millvale.

Then there's that place in a strip mall in Crafton, I think... run by a doo-wop guy who wants you to tell him how much the records are worth. Apparently he has a basement full of promo 12's that the Japanese pay him $8/piece for.

Then there's that place in a strip mall in Crafton, I think... run by a doo-wop guy who wants you to tell him how much the records are worth. Apparently he has a basement full of promo 12's that the Japanese pay him $8/piece for.

Nope. He closed up shop last year. If you do know him though, give him a call and he might invite you over to his house to dig. If you don't know him, don't expect shit. He's been turning up in Atlanta from time to time now - his daughter moved to the area somewhat recently.

But if you keep driving from Crafton to Carnegie, you'll find a spot there....

• Then there's that place in a strip mall in Crafton, I think... run by a doo-wop guy who wants you to tell him how much the records are worth. Apparently he has a basement full of promo 12's that the Japanese pay him $8/piece for.

yeah that place been closeded. anyone ever actually come up there?

yeah that place been closeded. anyone ever actually come up there?

Absolutely! The last time I went in there, I resold about half of what I bought but made my money back in NO TIME and still kept at rest. Plus, dude is a very cool guy to talk with.

• David_GDavid_G 60 Posts
    Aside from D&J, is not Record Warehouse in Carnegie too?

The Attic's day has been seen, but still worth the experience... witnessing Fred, Fred Jr., and to mention.. The Cool One in his little "record phone booth" is memorable, decode a Mad Mike song for Sr. and he'll give you a discount. The diner around the corner is excellent...