NZ/Aus Strutters....check this auction

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
This was only listed yesterday & is already 3 figures (although I just put it over 3 figs now). NZ R&B raer, holy grail for local R&B 45 collectros. It will be insane $$ action because the dudes that collect this band will give vital organs for this 45. Chants R&B - I'm Your Witchdoctor 45

Comments

• minusnzminusnz 62 Posts
    Hmmm NZ R&B collectors be smokin too much Taranaki hydro methinks,oh well diffrent strokes i guess.

Holmes you got thier first 45?

Ive been loving you too long(redding)/i want her - (action)- 1966

Wouldnt mind a listen if you got a soundclip.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Hmmm NZ R&B collectors be smokin too much Taranaki hydro methinks,oh well diffrent strokes i guess.

Holmes you got thier first 45?

Ive been loving you too long(redding)/i want her - (action)- 1966

Wouldnt mind a listen if you got a soundclip.
    Hey bro, nah, I don't have it. I know a couple people who do though & I have heard it. It is a very cool take on 'I've Been Loving You Too Long' but unfortunately it is also hella raer & too expensive for my blood. A friend of mine used to play in that band The Breakaways & they did heaps of gigs with the Chants back in the 60s, he has some cool recollections about them & apparently those dudes were bananas live. Next time I see one of the guys that has the 45 I'll try to get a rip done of it (i've been meaning to for myself anyway). Are you coming to AK for DeLaSoul or Public Enemy? Been finding any good vinyl down the island?

• minusnzminusnz 62 Posts
    Bro,
    I was thinkin of headin to Welli for De La,but i reckon its high time we got together,so might actually go north?.

Digs have been good,ill get at you on the pms 'Secret Squirrel' alert.

Chur.