Anyone checking for that new Ice Cube?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Ill admit, chrome and paint was kinda wack. And that scott storch throwaway garbage isnt impressing me much neither. But cube's lyrics on child support are pretty nice! Im gonna at least be giving it a listen. YOur thoughts?

Comments

• He referred to my proboscis as an adscititious excrescence. I had to tweak his nose.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    did he ever connect with premier for the album?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Not really, if anything I'll try to give it an open listen but I know I've already got it stuck in my head that it will be wack.... dammit...

• sergserg 682 Posts
    after hearing that song he did for that tv show, black.white. I'm pretty sure I'd rather listen to a BEP record than any new ice cube shit.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    It's 2006, I think theres more of a chance of me watching Barbershop 4 then checking for an Ice Cube song.

• I didn't even know Cube was still making records. Last half decent record he put out, IMO, was Lethal Injection, and even that was somewhat

• What, not another actor making Rap records.. Sheesh!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I didn't even know Cube was still making records. Last half decent record he put out, IMO, was Lethal Injection, and even that was somewhat

How the hell was lethal injection somewhat suspect?

alright, so chances are slim that he will come with a banger. But dont act like the doughboy never put it down!

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    chrome and paint was kinda wack.

that song was banging.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I didn't even know Cube was still making records. Last half decent record he put out, IMO, was Lethal Injection, and even that was somewhat

How the hell was lethal injection somewhat suspect?

in comparison to the albums he put out before, lethal injection was weaksauce.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

in comparison to the albums he put out before, lethal injection was weaksauce.

trooooooooo stooooooooorayy!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    chrome and paint was kinda wack.

that song was banging.

To each their own. I will go beyond "kinda" wack and say that shit was straight garbage.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    amerikkka's most wanted........
    kill at will...................
    death certificate..............
    the predator................
    lethal injection............
    bootlegs and b-sides...........
    war and peace (war)...........
    war and peace(peace)...........
    bow down....................
    terrorist threats............

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    actually listening/owning both war & peace cd's =

giving up on one your favorite rappers so as to ignore their embarrasing demise =

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I'm gonna keep an ear out for this. But my expectations will be low.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    speaking of ice cube (and i don't know if anyone already mentioned this) he's a producer for that new Black.White. show where two families "trade races."

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/blackwhite/main.html

i hope this is going to be good. it sounds interesting but it could also potentially be horrible

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    speaking of ice cube (and i don't know if anyone already mentioned this) he's a producer for that new Black.White. show where two families "trade races."

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/blackwhite/main.html

i hope this is going to be good. it sounds interesting but it could also potentially be horrible

that show looks awesome!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    what about the new Warren G?

I like the track "Get You Down" "I need a Light" is aight.