Weekeday Finds (Ash Wednesday edition)

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Most of us are out there doing the hunting, and for me, the hunt is what it's all about!!![/b]

Is selling on eBay really so much more nobel that buying on eBay?

Put it this way, I'd rather be the one flipping dollar bin records for my rent money than spending my rent money on ebay "grails".

But, Reynaldo is not spending his rent money.

There is no romance in hitting the same thrift shop twice a week, or taking road trips to backwater towns full of inbreds to find "un-tapped spots". And I say this as someone who "flips" more dollar bin records on eBay that 80% of you doing just what I've described.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    hi Jeff, did you get my package (no homo ayo) ?

hi Jeff, did you get my package (no homo ayo) ?

not yet.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

There is no romance in hitting the same thrift shop twice a week, or taking road trips to backwater towns full of inbreds to find "un-tapped spots". And I say this as someone who "flips" more dollar bin records on eBay that 80% of you doing just what I've described.

• I and I[/b] say this as someone who "flips" more dollar bin records on eBay that 80% of you doing just what I've described.

hcrink = ?

oh shit! hahah!!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    $$$ = freedom

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    $$$ time = freedom

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    $$$ = freedom

do you even know a black person?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Kidinquisitive - congrats on the $9.99 M*** D****** score!!!!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Nope. Guess again. If you win you get another Sports Illustrated shoephone. Dude, I bought that Jameson to resell, just listened to it and it's a keeper. jyeah..

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wouldn't steer you wrong, dawg.

J**f is just a hatter

What's going on in that Mike Douglas P/S?

Is he giving that 7 year old girl a joint?

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Kidinquisitive - congrats on the $10.45 C**** P***** score!!!!

I gotta step up my snipe awareness, but since it was my first ebay purchase attempt in over a year, I saw it coming.

• hey there, anyone in here dig listening to records? It's pretty nice.

Today I got this sweet gyspy record on Qualiton by Lakatos Sandor that is very good.

But, I'm still poor.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

1. i TOTALLY thought Mike D was helping that little girl toke up for a sec there. oof!

2. no matter what your loot level, its fun and gratifying to find a bargain, no matter what the setting. (untapped dusty boxes on a storage room floor is somehow the most exciting setting for me) Ive had loot and ive had no loot and the only thing having $ does is make me buy *more* records in *the same way* i buy them without $: always try to find the best deals, and if you cant find something to save your life for 5 years, break down and spend some $ when next you do see it.

3. desire for records seems to go in cycles. anyone else ever make a list and later look back and go 'hell im glad i never found that and that and that - i dont even want em anymore, now im looking for (whatever)'

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Most of us are out there doing the hunting, and for me, the hunt is what it's all about!!![/b]

Put it this way, I'd rather be the one flipping dollar bin records for my rent money than spending my rent money on ebay "grails".

Not sure about the romance part......never actually had to run into the Salvation Army bathroom to jerk off after finding a holy grail or two.

The stories and experiences I have about hitting backwater towns to look for records are priceless and is truly what I enjoy doing in my spare time.

I DO enjoy hitting the Thrift Shop twice a week.....just like going out to the "Fishin' Hole" to relax twice a week....if you don't actually enjoy digging it must be torture to go out there and hit the dollar bins.

Some people fish and throw what they catch back........some only take home what they will eat......and some of us sell what we catch to folks like Reynaldo on ebay.

I don't think there is any "shame" in buying or selling records...like I said....folks like Reynaldo are lucky.

Just don't go to the Fish Market, buy the biggest fish there, and then hang on your wall and call it your "catch".

Know what I mean?

• Options
    How about the one where I actually pay to have you BAN?

Might I add that Peter is about my height (6'4") and about 250 pounds....and not fat.

Ahem, K.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    records in captivity

• Dude, I bought that Jameson to resell, just listened to it and it's a keeper. jyeah..

You're welcome.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Drove all over the place yesterday. But only found three records. Including below.

Version of For What It's Worth is unbelievable. Had no idea!

Not sure about the romance part......never actually had to run into the Salvation Army bathroom to jerk off after finding a holy grail or two.

The stories and experiences I have about hitting backwater towns to look for records are priceless and is truly what I enjoy doing in my spare time.

I DO enjoy hitting the Thrift Shop twice a week.....just like going out to the "Fishin' Hole" to relax twice a week....if you don't actually enjoy digging it must be torture to go out there and hit the dollar bins.

Some people fish and throw what they catch back........some only take home what they will eat......and some of us sell what we catch to folks like Reynaldo on ebay.

I don't think there is any "shame" in buying or selling records...like I said....folks like Reynaldo are lucky.

Just don't go to the Fish Market, buy the biggest fish there, and then hang on your wall and call it your "catch".

Know what I mean?

Drove all over the place yesterday. But only found three records. Including below.

seems to be one of the tougher sergio's too. but it's also on that ghey "sergio mendes 4 sider" comp.

hey there, anyone in here dig listening to records? It's pretty nice.

stop talking crazy.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

There is no romance in hitting the same thrift shop twice a week, or taking road trips to backwater towns full of inbreds to find "un-tapped spots".

I still cherish what we shared together, Jeff.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Nothing much from the thrifts:

Rejoice! S/T (ABC/Dunhill, 69): Somewhat corny country-ish pop except a great tune called "High Flying Bird"

The Whole Burbank Catalog (Warner Brothers, 72): 2 LP sampler comp with

Malo's "Nena" and Allen Toussaint's "Fingers and Toes"

Some white label hip-hop 12" from a D.C. group, The Underachievaz ft. Born Jamericans with pen writing on the label. I don't think this was released.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

i had no idea you had no idea! That's a killer!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

There is no romance in hitting the same thrift shop twice a week, or taking road trips to backwater towns full of inbreds to find "un-tapped spots".

aw shit, i'm just some rebound road trip dime-store romance novel cutout ?

hi, i'm digging for records right now on my mac. i've been getting my keys really dirty in the hunt. i clipped my fingernails just to make sure i don't get a hangnail while digging so hard.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

aw shit, i'm just some rebound road trip dime-store romance novel cutout ?

Look now why you want to put our business all out there like that?

HCrink is the past. You're the present man. Why you want to live in the past? We got a beautiful future ahead of us.

I can't help it if all these soulstrut dudes want to be my lil mans. Just another hazard that comes with the job...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Honestly though....aren't "folks like Reynaldo" who keep record stores in bizness nowadays? Or maybe always?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    i clipped my fingernails just to make sure i don't get a hangnail while digging so hard.

Right on bro, glad you're still keeping your nails did like that.