Weekeday Finds (Ash Wednesday edition)

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I found a bunch of cool folk/psych lp's in the last few days.

Mississippi John Hurt destroys and shits on all stupid Skull Snaps and garbage Eugene McDaniels bullshit anyday of the week. Thats right, I said it.
    1) You = mad

2) You can't even afford Skull Snaps.
    3) You mad because you can't even afford Skull Snaps.

1. Not mad at all, just funnin poptart.
    2. I could afford 50 copies, put I don't overpay for tepid turds like you do.
    3. You mad that (your parents) money can't buy taste?
    How much money would you need to buy all of the records you are currently mad at because you can???t afford them, and save yourself from being crippled by an all consuming hate?

Not a money issue at all. I could afford everything on my wantlist right now. See the big difference between you and me is I love music and you love "artifacts" and the notion that you're a "baller". I just find it embarassing that you asked for Al Green cd rips in the old real headz forum, yet you continue to buy mediocre "grails" that every Timmy Digalot wants. Rant over.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Al Green cd rips

• I found a bunch of cool folk/psych lp's in the last few days.

Mississippi John Hurt destroys and shits on all stupid Skull Snaps and garbage Eugene McDaniels bullshit anyday of the week. Thats right, I said it.
    1) You = mad

How much money would you need to buy all of the records you are currently mad at because you can???t afford them, and save yourself from being crippled by an all consuming hate?

Not a money issue at all. I could afford everything on my wantlist right now. See the big difference between you and me is I love music and you love "artifacts" and the notion that you're a "baller". I just find it embarassing that you asked for Al Green cd rips in the old real headz forum, yet you continue to buy mediocre "grails" that every Timmy Digalot wants. Rant over.

That was a top quality sonning. Might I add that spending your parents' dough on records and then selling them at a loss is neither "baller" nor "hustler" status, it's just some typical toy shit. Oh an Skull Snaps sukkkks.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

1) You = mad

Huh? I have all of the worthwhile Al Green records, dude--I just wanted flawless CD rips. And your want list must be short and populated with records cheap enough not to draw your hate of all things out of your price range.
    I love music and you love "artifacts"
    That's code for, "I can't afford both."

1) You = mad

That was a top quality sonning. Might I add that spending your parents' dough on records and then selling them at a loss is neither "baller" nor "hustler" status, it's just some typical toy shit. Oh an Skull Snaps sukkkks.
    Yeah, but you have money. Mole don't.

• I found a bunch of cool folk/psych lp's in the last few days.

1) You = mad

Yeah, but you have money.

Yeah tonnes of it dood, but I didn't get it from my parents.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    morocco, that was the shit

and reynaldo, i think most people on here can afford the records they want, but they also have other things they need to spend money on like bills, rent, insurance, etc.

morocco, that was the shit

and reynaldo, i think most people on here can afford the records they want, but they also have other things they need to spend money on like bills, rent, insurance, etc.
    So in effect they actually can't afford the records they want?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Salvation Army.....$1.99 each

1) You = mad

You like to make everything a money issue instead of a music issue don't you poptart? Not that its your business but I have 20 grand saved up, whatchoo know bout a Roth IRA Gheynaldo? I'd rather take my girl on a vacation then buy some turds that have been reissued that I could get for 10 bucks, but hey that's me.

Oh and one more thing, are the Silver Apple's, Can and Listening the only 3 rock groups you know of? Because your rock knowledge seems about as deep as a mud puddle assclown.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

1) You = mad

You like to make everything a money issue instead of a music issue don't you poptart? Not that its your business but I have 20 grand saved up, whatchoo know bout a Roth IRA Gheynaldo? I'd rather take my girl on a vacation then buy some turds that have been reissued that I could get for 10 bucks, but hey that's me.

Oh and one more thing, are the Silver Apple's, Can and Listening the only 3 rock groups you know of? Because your rock knowledge seems about as deep as a mud puddle assclown.
    KILT HIM WITH THAT

whatchoo know bout a Roth IRA
    Got an ever-fattening one. Never worked. And it's good to hear you have some money--I shall treat you differently now.

whatchoo know bout a Roth IRA
    Got an ever-fattening one. Never worked. And it's good to hear you have some money--I shall treat you differently now.

I will sleep better now knowing this.

• Options
    Not fat enough to afford the Don Carrington LP apparently.

K.

Ooooooooooooo... (I didn't really want it)

I heard K got money!

• Options
    Money is for suckers.

K.

US[/b] Money is for suckers.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I heard K got money!

There are lots of old sayings

And the reason they are "old sayings" is because they are truth

Money is the root of all evil

Bank on it.

The best things in life are free.

It think it's actually, "The love of[/b] money is the root of all evil... " (Timothy 6:10).

Readups.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Free Reynaldo---------------------->You Overpaid.

• Options

Money is the root of all evil

Got to watch it on you
    Got to watch your step
    Got to watch it ya
    Got to watch it on you
    Hey hey hey eh eh

Money money money money is the root of all evil
    And you see it
    Yes, I saw them do it
    Evils and evil

They seh when you have nuff money
    You got a whole heap o' friend
    But when your money done dem just don't know you again
    When your dollars gone dem nah see you again
    And when your money done dem nah want see you again

I seh Money money money money is the root of all evil
    Hey hey eh
    Money money money money money is the root of all evil
    Some steal it, some kill for it
    Some do iniquity for it
    It makes friends, it break friends
    Judas betrayed Christ for it

Hear me tell ya seh
    Money money money money money money money is the root of all evil
    But I tell ya seh dat man man man

Some kill for it, some shout feeble for dat you know
    Some stab for it and some rob for it
    Wa da da! Got to watch it on you
    Got to watch it on you
    Got to watch it ya
    Got to watch it ya

Aha for money oh yeah aha aha
    Got to watch it yeah eh
    Got to watch it yeah yeah
    Some rob for it, some stab for it
    Some shout for it, some murder people for it

Hey hey kind of funny but
    When you got a whole lot of money you got a whole heap of friends
    When your money done dem nah see you again
    Deh seh, money money money money money money money money money
    Whoah! Mi seh people who nah got no money, but if you steal it nah funny

Heh eh
    Money, ...money ...money, ...money
    I seh, you work for a man, and you get no pay-ee-ee
    Brothers don't do nothing wrong
    Don't let no-one influence you
    When trouble come, it's you alone
    I seh don't nah bodder mek your friend dem influence you
    Coz when trouble take you dem get evil against you

Hear me tell ya I seh
    Like I would seh anymore ways

When you got some money, got a whole heap of friends
    When your money done dem just don't know you again
    Lemme tell ya

But I seh still, Don't get I-man wrong
    You gonna have to have some money
    Complete your plan
    No matter what they say, and no matter what they do
    The way you really use your money (Got to watch it on you)
    Depends on the way you utilise your money

Got to watch it ya, got to watch it ya
    Got to watch it on ya
    Money!

...MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY like all people gone evil!

Hey eh
    Money! the root of all evil
    When you got some money got a whole heap of friends
    But when your money gone dem never know you again
    When your dollars gone dem nah want see you again
    Baby, though we've got no friend
    Hey eh

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY is the root of all evil!

• Options

= can't afford ?

K.

Put it on eBay.

• Options
    I prefer 10 minute auctions to 7 day ones. I sold it about 40 seconds after you turned it down.

K.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    This thread is totally exceeding expectations. awesome

• Why is Reynaldo all about the 'artifacts'?

According to his ebay moniker, 'reynaldo82', homeboy is only 24. Wasn't all the Fania/Tico 'artifact' shit he's paying $$$ for made while he was still swimming in his daddy's nut?

I dig 50's and 60's bop, but I'm 26 and don't need the O.G. I'd rather have 25 OJC reissues instead of one flat-edge/'ear'/no 'r'/767 Lexington address/RVG might have touched this copy' pressing.

Fuck an artifact.

That's all well and good, but can you even afford the "flat-edge/'ear'/no 'r'/767 Lexington address/RVG might have touched this copy' pressings" is what I want to know? (my guess is no, hence the "Fuck an artifact" 'tude).

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    awesome