WMC in Miami Next Month

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Who from the Soul Strut Boards will be there?

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I live here so I guess i'll be in the thick of it... hit me up closer to the time, we'll have some dope parties going on...

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    I cant go but my cuz is. http://www.sounds-up.net/wmc05/yatch2.ram Check out last years party.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    yerple

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i stay out here as well... i was actually going to post something about this
    looks like some fresh things are going down
    my peoples and i are throwin a party on thursday march 23rd... will be real ill
    more info on that at the end of the week
    would be good to link with some cats from this during the conference

easy

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    wasn't planning on it, but got invited to spin at this bad boy, so I gladly accepted.

hollur.

also there's this one that looks pretty fresh:

March, 26 2006 at WMC MIAMI
    PURDY LOUNGE, MIAMI, FL 33101

Fort Knox Five (Washington, DC) The Rub (Dj Ayres and Cosmo Baker) - (Brooklyn, NY) Pase Rock - (Brooklyn, NY) DJ Contra (MIA's tour DJ) - (Miami, FL) All Good Funk Alliance - (Washington, DC) Hai Karate Allstars featuring Mat the Alien, Wicked Lester, and Smalltown DJs (Canada) Doormouse (Milwaukee, WI) DJ Induce (Miami, FL)[/b]

If anyone has a lyer of this piece, please to post it......now!

easy.

• what is WMC exactly?

Just a week in Miami where people come in and throw parties/politic?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Winter Music Conference

there is an official conference that you can attend, it's like electronic music's version of Jacktherapper/gavin/etc. It used to be very house centric with a dash of drum and bass thrown in, but the broken scene kinda opened the conference up to other genres. You'll actually see labels like Stones Throw down there repping, which was unthinkable 6-7 years ago. The official package involves panels/sessions and all that stuff, but nobody really pays for it or goes (It's pricey). Most people just head down to network/schmooze and are usually too wasted/coked oot to check out any of the morning panels.

The giantstep gilles peterson party looks decent, and as usual MAW's party will be the hot ticket for the weekend.

• Most people just head down to network/schmooze and are usually too wasted/coked oot to check out any of the morning panels.

I'm picturing Day & Cosmo playing to a crowd of rich, corny, and coked-up white folls draped in cowboy hats, button ups, and A LOT of hair-gel.

j/k...I would of love to go there, just to people watch, throw down some rackords, and politic.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I'm picturing Day & Cosmo shaving each other's chests in the hotel to fit in with a crowd of rich, corny, and coked-up white folls draped in cowboy hats, button ups, and A LOT of hair-gel.

ayo

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    ALMOST went. Got runner up on the nextonthedecks contest. Yay but no.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Havent been there in a few years. Anyone actually go to the Conference?

I still treasure this goodie

Most people just head down to network/schmooze and are usually too wasted/coked oot to check out any of the morning panels.

I'm picturing Day & Cosmo playing to a crowd of rich, corny, and coked-up white folls draped in cowboy hats, button ups, and A LOT of hair-gel.

j/k...I would of love to go there, just to people watch, throw down some rackords, and politic.

this would only be my second trip for the conference, but there's really all kinds of parties during that week. Some are over the top like what you described, but then there are others that are just great parties where you're hanging with a lot of industry professionals.

really, that's the thing that was most intriguing, the fact that whatever party you go to, pretty much everyone that you run into is a 'head'.

basically, you make what you want of it. if you go in thinking it's wack, then all the wack things about it will stick out more, and vice versa.

..and who knows if you're lucky, you might run into

cheers.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Just out of curiosity are these worth much ???
    I've got one sitting in my trade pile somewhere...

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    a few soulstrutters representin

hope to see those coming to miami in the spot
    easy