Sa-Ra

2»

Comments

• Sa-Ra is dope.

Word up! But there's a dude called JEREMY ELLIS aka AYRO, who has released 2 LPs, who is one of the best musician I heard since a while... dunno, maybe that I am disconnected, I doubt...

I saw Ayro a few months (along with a guitarist dude who I can't remember the name). A-fuckin-mazing. They recreated a bunch of james brown, prince, and even wham shite live on the mpc and with rhodes and some vocals. Really the best live "sampler" set I will probally ever see.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    you probably saw him w/ John Arnold then, they're both on Ubiquity. He also sometimes does shows w/ John Beltran. I've seen them twice, pretty decent live set as they actually get quite involved with their midi setup. Unlike most live PA sets, they are peforming the drumming on their mpc on the fly. Not much loading up a sequence then pretending to tweak a bunch of knobs while really doing nothing here. Although one time I saw them they had a power failure and the set was cut short

Only sa-ra track I really like is the rmx fo NERD "Maybe", I am not a fan of their 12"s at all. "Glorious' sounds rather butt to me. Their rmx/production for others have been better than their own releases imo, maybe that will change down the road.

• you probably saw him w/ John Arnold then, they're both on Ubiquity. He also sometimes does shows w/ John Beltran. I've seen them twice, pretty decent live set as they actually get quite involved with their midi setup. Unlike most live PA sets, they are peforming the drumming on their mpc on the fly. Not much loading up a sequence then pretending to tweak a bunch of knobs while really doing nothing here. Although one time I saw them they had a power failure and the set was cut short

Yeah John Arnold. Dude was running his guitar through some rackmount thingamabobber and it would turn into a rhodes or something. Shit makes me want to check their releases.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Only sa-ra track I really like is the rmx fo NERD "Maybe"

Not even the Jamiroquai - Feels just like it should (rmx)

Stop playing, that shit is boogie hotness!

• JBDJBD 1 Post
    Check this, its really dope.

SA-RA - Starwarz

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

SA-RA - Starwarz

Love this track and many of the other singles they've put out. I think the hype is justified for once. P-funk + Dilla beats = some interesting sounds and I cant hate on that formula. Reppin in Silverlake in R&B is kinda too.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

SA-RA - Starwarz

Do not agree. Its wack... If thats one of their dopest tracks then I don't need to listen to the rest. Its all subjective (I know), but I just don't dig it at ALL....

Wajeed is a pretty good dj as well.

yessir...his triple 5 sessions shit has been getting belated rotation these days.

• Anyone got a tracklisting on T5Soul mix he did? and did that Marvin Remix come out on vinyl?

Anyone got a tracklisting on T5Soul mix he did? and did that Marvin Remix come out on vinyl?

no but it'd be cool if we could put one together.

c minor = "i want you" rmx (who? where?)
    x flat = "numbers"
    g major = tv on the radio?
    d double flat minor = le tigre - "decepticon (diplo rmx)" (i think)
    e minor = ?? (but this shit rules)
    f flat minor = "wordy rappington"
    g flat minor = dun daaa daaa
    b double flat minor = "pocket calculator"