The Soulstrut effect in the real world...

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
...so I got this email today:
re: Soulstrut related / Greyboy Allstars West Coast Boogaloo Review Thanks for your nice review for all to see on Soulstrut. I remember hearing that Q-bert mix tape with the "Fire Eater" drum samples years ago. I play bass with the Allstars. It's nice to know that some people still appreciate that record. We made it in one 10 hour session. Ever notice how low the volume is on it? You gotta crank it up to 7 or 8 to even hear the damn thing. Bad mastering job. Anyways, just thought I'd thank you. P.S. new Allstars record out sometime in june Regards, Chris Stillwell
sayin tho!

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I get these types of e-mails all the time. Most recently Eddie Fisher's son. I've been thinking of making a web page with all of them. The definitely lighten up my day unless it's a Mouzon-type e-mail,

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ...so I got this email today:

re: Soulstrut related / Greyboy Allstars West Coast Boogaloo Review

Thanks for your nice review for all to see on Soulstrut. I remember hearing that Q-bert mix tape with the "Fire Eater" drum samples years ago. I play bass with the Allstars. It's nice to know that some people still appreciate that record. We made it in one 10 hour session. Ever notice how low the volume is on it? You gotta crank it up to 7 or 8 to even hear the damn thing. Bad mastering job. Anyways, just thought I'd thank you. P.S. new Allstars record out sometime in june Regards, Chris Stillwell

sayin tho!

Chris is good peoples, he lurks here. Holler Chris, I didn't know you played on all the Elgin Park stuff!

-M

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    a Mouzon-type e-mail,

i missed this. link?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    a Mouzon-type e-mail,

i missed this. link?

A certified SoulStrut classic! Before your time, when I was but a lurker.

vehemently yours,

breakself

...or something like that.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Al Mouzon?

• Al Mouzon?

funky snakefoot dude.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    The definitely lighten up my day unless it's a Mouzon-type e-mail,

was he complaining about a review or about the sampling? i like some of his work, but if he caused trouble for you, that might change the way i listen to his records

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    He took issue with a posted mp3.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I get these types of e-mails all the time. Most recently Eddie Fisher's son. I've been thinking of making a web page with all of them. The definitely lighten up my day unless it's a Mouzon-type e-mail,

this is a great idea man, would love to see that.

• I get these types of e-mails all the time. Most recently Eddie Fisher's son. I've been thinking of making a web page with all of them. The definitely lighten up my day unless it's a Mouzon-type e-mail,

you should make that happen