Why dope MC's Pick wack Beats?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Why dope MC's Pick wack Beats? This boggles my mind to this day... MC's do pick few good ones for the LP but a lot of times they don't? Though I would have to say the Game, De La Soul's, Common, and a few other's LP's where dope... How about the likes of NAS last few LP's????? Well everyone has their own taste, but I just wonder what their thinking when they pick that beat? LOOT????

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    are you mad cause you pick wack beats? jelly ass mothrafucker...

and your name is fruity...

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    are you mad cause you pick wack beats? jelly ass mothrafucker...[/b]

ouch...[/b]

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    kev - thats the street that the bus used to bring up to go home... i hated that fucking place... except for all the businesswomen in their nice outfits... mmmmm.... businesswomen...

sexy...

for those that dont know... just to the right of that photo would be the transamerica building. real tall... pointy... and the tallest building in SF

• Options
    The photo is titled Go Away.

K.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I actually wonder the same shit. When I give beat CDs to rappers, they always pick the wackest of the jawns. Further proof to validate my rather incontrivertible theory that most rappers are idiots.

-e

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    HERE'S A FEW THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:

BUDGET,STRATEGY,LONGEVITY,BUISNESS PLAN,GOING BEYOND A FIRST ALBUM

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

I've walked up that street don't your remember we held hands as we walked Onto Castro street where you live & you hang out and drink Martini's all day. Ah Memories of the bloody stool

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    are you mad cause you pick wack beats? jelly ass mothrafucker...

and your name is fruity...

No just mad cause I make wack beats and sell them and I fill asses with Jelly cause I'm Fruity! Bastos!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Why dope MC's Pick wack Beats? This boggles my mind to this day... MC's do pick few good ones for the LP but a lot of times they don't? Though I would have to say the Game, De La Soul's, Common, and a few other's LP's where dope... How about the likes of NAS last few LP's????? Well everyone has their own taste, but I just wonder what their thinking when they pick that beat? LOOT????

Plaese to call Canibus and Ras Kass and have these fools explain the situation.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Seriously I am lost here.

What does it all mean??? Soulfriere - what the f*ck???

Dope MCs = whack beats = Pine Street?

That's a crazy leap of logic. My head hurts.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I figured it was an "over the hill" reference.

But I *knew* he wasn't tryin' to diss the drummer/rapper from the Tonga Room's house band, Nob Hill's finest rhymer.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I figured it was an "over the hill" reference.

But I *knew* he wasn't tryin' to diss the drummer/rapper from the Tonga Room's house band, Nob Hill's finest rhymer.

Ahhh. That soulfriere: An enigma wrapped inside a conundrum sprinkled with a fine mystery-puzzle glaze.