Options

iPhone picture...

edited November 2015 in Off Topic (NRR)
Anyone know anything about this, besides that it's from Apple and it's a phone.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Anyone know anything about this, besides that it's from Apple and it's a phone.

it's an iFake.

Another company even owns the rights to the name "iPhone". This rumor has been going around for years.

• Well they're a gonna announce SOMETHING tomorrow! (along with the MS "origami" announcement soon) Only official word is something "fun". Hey I like fun shitz. Hopefully it's a TIVO killer in the form of an updated mac mini.

• Options
    it's an iFake.

Oh shit. My bad, I guess iFucked up.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Apple is supposed to be working on a phone but most people assume that tomorrow's announcement - if it includes an iPod element at all - will either be a full-screen video iPod with touch screen and/or some kind of Apple-spun iPod boombox. I'm a bit doubtful about a new video iPod since the "old" one isn't that old yet. The boombox seems likely but the biggger announcement will probably be iTunes for Movies and/or Intel powered iBooks.

Ironically, wifey works for Apple, in marketing no less, but she refuses to tell me a goddamn thing b/c she likes her job and doesn't trust my message board-visiting, incessant-blogging self to keep my mouth shut without anything confidential.

• Ironically, wifey works for Apple, in marketing no less, but she refuses to tell me a goddamn thing b/c she likes her job and doesn't trust my message board-visiting, incessant-blogging self to keep my mouth shut without anything confidential.

Well you're doing a good job proving her wrong there!

My cousin in law works for MS and my bro is at Sun, so yeah, I know the pain. So close yet so far.

• Ahh, If only this was real...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Well they're a gonna announce SOMETHING tomorrow! (along with the MS "origami" announcement soon) Only official word is something "fun". Hey I like fun shitz. Hopefully it's a TIVO killer in the form of an updated mac mini.

yeah i hope its the "entertainment" mini mac.

the only announcement that really matters to the people here:

+

Well they're a gonna announce SOMETHING tomorrow! (along with the MS "origami" announcement soon) Only official word is something "fun". Hey I like fun shitz. Hopefully it's a TIVO killer in the form of an updated mac mini.

Is that origami box confirmed? or still inthe rumor mill, just wondering?

Cashless,

Nothing's confirmed. Just speculation. Apple's been surprisingly good at keeping people guessing: most of the rumor mill gets at least one item right but there's always something up their sleeve that people don't see coming.

Cashless,

Nothing's confirmed. Just speculation. Apple's been surprisingly good at keeping people guessing: most of the rumor mill gets at least one item right but there's always something up their sleeve that people don't see coming.

Actually I was talking about the microsoft Origami. MS doesn't have nearly as good a track record about keeping secrets from the public. I have a longhorn disc around here somewhere as proof.

• Origami seems plausible. MS has always been big on tablets. Supposedly will have wireless, decent battery life, run an actual version of windows (versus a stunted one), and come with a $500-800 price tag. This was "accidentally" posted on the website of an ad agency who handles a lot of MS work in the past. You tell me, won't know for sure til tomorrow PM, but it looks too big budget to be just a rumor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7HIPKF1OY

Origami seems plausible. MS has always been big on tablets. Supposedly will have wireless, decent battery life, run an actual version of windows (versus a stunted one), and come with a $500-800 price tag. This was "accidentally" posted on the website of an ad agency who handles a lot of MS work in the past. You tell me, won't know for sure til tomorrow PM, but it looks too big budget to be just a rumor.

damn, that hurts my pride that it's not an Apple product, but if it were it would cost well over $1500. That is sersiously hot if they pull it off.

I noticed a funny about the ad though. The girl in the RV is running a copy of Apple Logic on her desktop.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Origami seems plausible. MS has always been big on tablets. Supposedly will have wireless, decent battery life, run an actual version of windows (versus a stunted one), and come with a $500-800 price tag. This was "accidentally" posted on the website of an ad agency who handles a lot of MS work in the past. You tell me, won't know for sure til tomorrow PM, but it looks too big budget to be just a rumor.

I had one of those like 10 years ago. Except it looked like this:

• Origami seems plausible. MS has always been big on tablets. Supposedly will have wireless, decent battery life, run an actual version of windows (versus a stunted one), and come with a $500-800 price tag. This was "accidentally" posted on the website of an ad agency who handles a lot of MS work in the past. You tell me, won't know for sure til tomorrow PM, but it looks too big budget to be just a rumor.

damn, that hurts my pride that it's not an Apple product, but if it were it would cost well over $1500. That is sersiously hot if they pull it off.

I noticed a funny about the ad though. The girl in the RV is running a copy of Apple Logic on her desktop.

that ad/product is truely

Why have i not heard of this?

• game gear was the shit for the longest time. playing sonic the hedgehog for about 45 min, then having the 6 AA batteries die on you. man, those were some of the best 45 minute intervals of my childhhod.

• game gear was the shit for the longest time. playing sonic the hedgehog for about 45 min, then having the 6 AA batteries die on you. man, those were some of the best 45 minute intervals of my childhhod.

i was always a nintendo kid... except for gamegear. That shit rocked my world. That and a hot wheels car case in the shape of a RACING CAR (ingenoius!) pretty much iconise my childhood.

I rep the little known but highly acclaimed Neo Geo Pocket.***

***Which was released MANY years after the Game gear.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    game gear was the shit for the longest time. playing sonic the hedgehog for about 45 min, then having the 6 AA batteries die on you. man, those were some of the best 45 minute intervals of my childhhod.

SHINOBI, DUN!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

man, i want one of those so bad...

• That and a hot wheels car case in the shape of a RACING CAR (ingenoius!) pretty much iconise my childhood.

let's talk about childhood iconization:

man, i want one of those so bad...

I can still get em, you might have to wait a while though.

• damn, that hurts my pride that it's not an Apple product, but if it were it would cost well over $1500. That is sersiously hot if they pull it off.

that ad/product is truely

Why have i not heard of this?

Apple announcement: 10AM pacific
    Microsoft announcement: this evening?

From A HREF="http://today.reuters.com/business/newsArticle.aspx?type=technology&storyID=nN27504760">Reuters:

"While Origami is a concept we've been working on with partners, please know that the video seen on Digital Kitchen's Web site is a year old and represents our initial exploration into this form factor, including possible uses and scenarios," a Microsoft spokesman said.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts

True that. $40?! I gotta jump on that. I can't believe what the OG Neo Geo STILL sells for.

That's like 2000 price point. I can get em for half that, but eh...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

If it's MS, it'll be full of bugs for 6 months, then you'll have to upgrade 10 times in 6 months for an operating system that's only half as good as OS X is right now.

Yes, i'm an Apple snob and hate PCs with pride... lol

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts

If it's MS, it'll be full of bugs for 6 months, then you'll have to upgrade 10 times in 6 months for an operating system that's only half as good as OS X is right now.

MAC = Empty Pockets

PC = Pockets stay fat, plug-ins are free and easy

But, stick with your mac. Even if you can't upgrade without paying an arm and a leg at least you'll have a pretty shell to look at.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

MAC = Empty Pockets

PC = Pockets stay fat, plug-ins are free and easy

But, stick with your mac. Even if you can't upgrade without paying an arm and a leg at least you'll have a pretty shell to look at.

i dont even have a mac, but dude, pc's are garbage.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    pc's are garbage.