PUT A DOGGIE ON MY CROTCH PLAESE

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    missb, is matix the name of the brand that makes jeans? i dont know about skate jeans cuz i always thought they had the raver leg thing and i'll get verbally abused by my clovis hommies if i walk around with the raver leg.

yea - matix is the name of the company. no raver legs! loose fit, reasonable hem. some of the companies are actually making the jeans all skinny cause of tony trujillo and dustin dollin rocker types. uh, yea, anyway.

yes - no raver legs, good fit, decent price.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the raver leg thing and i'll get verbally abused by my clovis hommies if i walk around with the raver leg.

It might be a good look for you, though--"street sweepers"

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    some of the companies are actually making the jeans all skinny cause of tony trujillo and dustin dollin rocker types.

i don't understand how those dudes can skate in pants that tight

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    some of the companies are actually making the jeans all skinny cause of tony trujillo and dustin dollin rocker types.

i have wondered the same thing!

but f*ck, i'll happily watch trujillo skate in a wizard's costume.

No doubt, this is what I'm trying to see the boy Shig in:

...they should be lookin' right after he's worn 'em in for about a year, dragged the cuffs through a few puddles, ya heard...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    if cost is important I would just recommend you head down to old navy and cop there. Most sub $100 jeans are made from the same 3 or 4 mills out in China etc and they're just affixed w/ tags/back pocket stitching afterwards depending on the brand.

if cost is important

Cost is not important--I'm trying to see my man flapping around in about a football field's worth of denim, and that's gonna be a little expensive. Deal with it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

yes
    props to hurley and elwood

however i have mad beef with skate pants especially volcom. I love the steez but for rugged skate wear and for 120-50$ pants jeans the bottoms rip like shit mad fast and out of control( its just a scratch 2 days later you gotta rip up to your knee)

• some of the companies are actually making the jeans all skinny cause of tony trujillo and dustin dollin rocker types.

No doubt, this is what I'm trying to see the boy Shig in:

...they should be lookin' right after he's worn 'em in for about a year, dragged the cuffs through a few puddles, ya heard...

your ebay page has these listed at $50.00 buy it now's. pssshhhaaww. these arent even OGs, dogg.

hey aser. you mean levis 501s are cut from the same cloth as old navy jeans? cuz old navy anything will last about 3 months if that.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    levi's outsources all their manufacturing to mexico nowadays. They even closed their last factories in the states/canada that were reserved for their LVC/premium line.

Old navy is seriously not a bad look if you just want cheap jeans that are decent, just have to get over the stigma of old navy. There're no big symbols or weird ass pocket stitching to indicate it's old navy. The quality of all sub $100 jeans will be pretty much even for every brand you find because again they're using denim from the same 3-4 mills and manufactured in the same places.

old navy $30
    gap $60 (gap premium is different though, that uses good quality denim from kurabo mill)
    generic name brand jeans (polo, etc) $80

all pretty much in the same boat quality wise.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    for the ballers, in ascending order of price range recommendation.....

apc < denime < LVC < 45rpm

"pay to play" in full effect here.

• wait, so are you saying the levi's are still quality?

and what stigma of old navy? you mean the low budget poor folks stigma? cuz i aint got a problem with that. shit id drape myself in old navy if it werent for the fact that their shit falls apart. i mean i rock shorts and socks from old navy all the time. but i like my jeans to last. and old navy dont last. anyways, thanks for the knowledge. and for us jeans newbies, is $100 like a fair price for jeans nowadays? jiminy cristmas!

• thrift store. get em at a thrift store. st.vincent just east of china town has the jeans. also check the goodwill on broadway. i've seen people pick up brand new jeans.

also, never rule out downtown. there are some quality places in the mix, definitely save about 40% and the mindblowing experience of a shopping mall. and then you can grub down at the market.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    pretty much, I find all sub $100 denim to fall apart at about the same rate, ie levi's, old navy, gap, etc etc etc

if your main concern is about durability, then go buy some carhartt 14 oz denim. They're stiff as fuck but will last you a long long time.

My main advice is, if you want good quality denim, it's worth the extra $. It's really not worth your time to spend $ in the middle of the price spectrum. Either go really cheap or go really expensive.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I need some professorial threads. Something besides tweed jackets with leather patches on the elbows.

Do I need a doggie on my crotch too?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    and finally, unwashed raw denim will last longer than washed/treated versions.

price is not an indicator of whether a pair will last a long time or not. Actually the treatment will shorten durability but increase price points depending on how labour intensive it is. People pay good money to have jeans handblasted (ayo) and weathered to make it look aged.

I am not a fan, I generally buy unwashed raw denim.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    pretty much, I find all sub $100 denim to fall apart at about the same rate, ie levi's, old navy, gap, etc etc etc

if your main concern is about durability, then go buy some carhartt 14 oz denim. They're stiff as fuck but will last you a long long time.

My main advice is, if you want good quality denim, it's worth the extra $. It's really not worth your time to spend $ in the middle of the price spectrum. Either go really cheap or go really expensive.

Hallelujah. I can't really fuck around with Mickey Mouse shit. Levis is the only brand that I'll fuck with that's lower range. I wouldn't put them in the same category as Old Navy and Gap (which is complete shit and if you saw me wearing it please to shoot me in the face.) Plus Levis has some style to it, . Maybe some Guess stuff as well, if the cut is right, and also cause I get a bunch of that stuff for free.

But pretty much 45RPM is killing the game. I salivate every time I walk by that store. I understand that $450 is a lot for jeans but still...

• have you messed with 1969's from Gap though, Snober Von Snoberson?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    have you messed with 1969's from Gap though, Snober Von Snoberson?

Hahaha that's hilarious. Nah man, I don't know about that shit bro.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ive only worn levis my whole life
    my sister started working at diesel and i wanted her to get me some jeans but all them shits look way overdone

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I used to fuck with Diesel for a second but then I stopped liking the cut.

That sounds like some drug shit.

• have you messed with 1969's from Gap though, Snober Von Snoberson?

Hahaha that's hilarious. Nah man, I don't know about that shit bro.

HANGUP YER HANGUPS AND TRY A PAIR.

• we need to "man" up this thread

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i haven't worn jeans in 15 years but i'm thinking about going back

• koopskoops 10 Posts

yes
    props to hurley and elwood

however i have mad beef with skate pants especially volcom. I love the steez but for rugged skate wear and for 120-50$ pants jeans the bottoms rip like shit mad fast and out of control( its just a scratch 2 days later you gotta rip up to your knee)

word, and then your left with sum "raver" legs, ya get meh

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    But pretty much 45RPM is killing the game. I salivate every time I walk by that store. I understand that $450 is a lot for jeans but still...

the folks that run the spot own this amazingly kyooooote dog, they sometimes let it roam around the store. I think it's an akita inu

oh and yes as moisty was saying, the 1969 line is gap's premium denim. It's actually pretty good quality and sometimes uses selvedge.

also forgot, the best bargain for selvedge is at uniqlo, if you live near one I recommend you take a look.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

oh and yes as moisty was saying, the 1969 line is gap's premium denim. It's actually pretty good quality and sometimes uses selvedge.

also forgot, the best bargain for selvedge is at uniqlo, if you live near one I recommend you take a look.

Gap 1969's?
    Uniqlo? Whenever I go to Japan and I forget to pack something, I'm at the nearest Uniqlo in the next few minutes. There's one right at the end of the wifey's street.

You are so on my level right now!!!

• But pretty much 45RPM is killing the game. I salivate every time I walk by that store. I understand that $450 is a lot for jeans but still...

the folks that run the spot own this amazingly kyooooote dog, they sometimes let it roam around the store. I think it's an akita inu

Shiba Inu and Akita Inu... yeah those dogs are adorable but they're little beasts. They are kinda like chihuahuas bred from highly aggressive Ainu hunting dogs.

Aser, what's up with Sugar Cane?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    have you messed with 1969's from Gap though?

yes

thats what I'm talkin bout

boot cut

80 bucks a pair