MPC solutions/questions for the new age

2»

Comments

• And yeah, it was me who asked. I still can't get that shit to play more than one midi note at a time which I think is all it can do. It's good for basslines, though.
    Don't you have the same set up?

I'm running a 2kxl and a microkorg and have no problems. This isn't meant to sound patronizing but is the patch your using monophonic? Coz i know some of them are. If not i can run through my set up for you if you like. Pad sounds etc play chords fine.

Yeah, it is, but I wasn't talking about polyphony, I was talking about playing more than one track at a time. I've always avoided MIDI and have a somewhat unorthadox creative process, but I figure it's time I utilized everything I have, so I started using the Microkorg in conjunction with teh MPC. My problem is overdubbding tracks on the MPC because I can only play one instrument at a time on the Microkorg. I'm guessing that might just be a MIDI thing, but I don't know for sure. Plus, I always see a million rack mount modules when people use MIDI.

i can run through my set up for you if you like. Pad sounds etc play chords fine.

By all means, please do

I need some

• And yeah, it was me who asked. I still can't get that shit to play more than one midi note at a time which I think is all it can do. It's good for basslines, though.
    Don't you have the same set up?

I'm running a 2kxl and a microkorg and have no problems. This isn't meant to sound patronizing but is the patch your using monophonic? Coz i know some of them are. If not i can run through my set up for you if you like. Pad sounds etc play chords fine.

Yeah, it is, but I wasn't talking about polyphony, I was talking about playing more than one track at a time. I've always avoided MIDI and have a somewhat unorthadox creative process, but I figure it's time I utilized everything I have, so I started using the Microkorg in conjunction with teh MPC. My problem is overdubbding tracks on the MPC because I can only play one instrument at a time on the Microkorg. I'm guessing that might just be a MIDI thing, but I don't know for sure. Plus, I always see a million rack mount modules when people use MIDI.

i can run through my set up for you if you like. Pad sounds etc play chords fine.

By all means, please do

I need some

To be truthful, i've only ever used one sound at a time via midi. I called a few people and it seems that this is maybe all you can do? I looked in the specs:

Synthesizer Program:
    Multi Timbral:
    2 (max, Normal/Dual Mode[/b])

Voices:
    4 voices

Sound Source:
    2 Oscillator + Noise Generator,
    Multi Mode Filter (-24dB/oct LPF, -12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF),
    EG x2,
    LFO x2,
    Virtual Patch x4

But i cant find anything in the manual that actually relates to "dual mode"

So i can only assume this is what they are taking about:

hope that answers your question, coz it seems 4 voices is it. If you want me to document my midi settings on MK and the MPC let me know on the PM's and i'll take them down, but it doesnt seem like it can do what you need it to.