What's the deal with this Westbound issue?

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I found a copy of Funkadelic's s/t with a thin, white jacket and the requisite Janus logo on the back. Poor print quality, too. Labels are perfect Westbound freakout/throwup, though. Looks like a boot or a cheap Janus reissue of the earlier hits.What is the deal?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    foreign?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It's a Shorepak??? jacket. I'd only seen these LPs with brown cardboard before.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Anyone else have info on this?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    It's a Shorepak??? jacket. I'd only seen these LPs with brown cardboard before.

i've seen OG's with a white inside jacket before...

• Mine is white inside too. I assumed later 70's press, but I don't know for sure.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I was just googling the Shorepak to see if that would give any clues... says the jacket was invented in the 60s, so who knows...

I think my copy of S/T is the same...

• Mine is white inside too. I assumed later 70's press, but I don't know for sure.

• I was just googling the Shorepak to see if that would give any clues... says the jacket was invented in the 60s, so who knows...

I think my copy of S/T is the same...

I was bummed about mine since I noticed the inside, now I don't feel as bad.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    How bout this:

Does anybody have an OG Funkadelic 's/t' thats NOT white on the inside??

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The Janus press with the colorful label has white cardboard. It's only a could years later than the blue label 1st press.