Louisiana 45 help

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
hiya, anyone know when these were pressed...odd issues of these records, I am thinkin 80s...but dont know...thank ya.

Comments

• Options
    Isn' that Fishhead a notrorious bootleg?

K.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    On the Soul Power joint, I'll guess late 70's-early 80's, since
    it's part of the Jewel family of labels...they kept pressing their stuff
    up forever - I'm sure you've seen the Ted Taylor 45's on Ronn from the 80's
    that have similar looking labels...is CAL a Jewel/Ronn/Paula label too?

• On the Soul Power joint, I'll guess late 70's-early 80's, since
    it's part of the Jewel family of labels...they kept pressing their stuff
    up forever - I'm sure you've seen the Ted Taylor 45's on Ronn from the 80's
    that have similar looking labels

I think it's probably mid-90s or more recent. As recently as the early 90s, the issue with the original label was widely available, whether because the label had old stock on it or continued to press them up that way.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

K.

Yes.

still sells for a bit though... or at least i think it does.

the african music machine looks to be 80's to me, never seen that issue of it... but the Shreveport folks kept pressing their stuff well into the mid to late 80's.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

K.

Yes.

still sells for a bit though... or at least i think it does.

the african music machine looks to be 80's to me, never seen that issue of it... but the Shreveport folks kept pressing their stuff well into the mid to late 80's.

I think $30 tops for the boot.

• That is my hometown. I know it matters not, but it is the first time I saw my hometown pop up here. I was there all last week while my pops was having triple bypass surgery.

hiya, anyone know when these were pressed...odd issues of these records, I am thinkin 80s...but dont know...thank ya.

• ryanryan 334 Posts

A seller from LA was selling about 50 copies in a Dutch auction about a year ago on ebay. He was selling these as "original second pressings." My impression from the auction was that this was a pretty recent re-press.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I have heard conflicting stories on the Fish Head.

1. It's a boot from recent years.

2. A guy who had a box of these told me that Slim pressed these up himself a couple years after its inital release and he never did anything with them. Claimed the records just sat in his closet for years and the dealer claimed to have gotten the copies he had from Slim himself.

I don't know personally. The copy looks like it was pressed in the last five years if you ask me. If you look at the deadwax markings you can probably figure out where it was pressed and so maybe by knowing how old the pressing plant is, you can tell how old the record is.