Autistic Baller [NRR]

damagedamage 118 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBYPaNc57Ik"Hot as a pistol"[insert as touching as a butterfly on a retarded kids head graemlin]

Comments

• watched this a few days ago.

awesome.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    RUDY

RUDY

RUDY!!!!!!!!

That was awesome.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    why didn't he play more is what I want to know, he's obviously awesome.

• yea, it doesnt look like his high school team is , so you would think if this kid can hit 6 straight 3 pointers, he would have at least SUITED UP for other games!!

Anyone familiar with the talent level his team plays against? From that youtube clip , they don't look a bunch of Oak HIll Academy's.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    heartwarming

• [insert as touching as a butterfly on a retarded kids head graemlin]

This is exactly the type of thread I made this for.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    why didn't he play more is what I want to know, he's obviously awesome.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    He wasn't a player on the team, rather the sports manager meaning he got people's rebounds, handed out towels and water, etc. No one probably knew he could play.

• Options
    That gave me chills. I love the fact that the even the other team mobbed him at the buzzer! Thanks for posting that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I got teary.

• Had a similar situation like this in high school, other team put a mentally retarded player in for the 4th quarter. Guy looked like your average player, wore eyeglasses. So dude gets the ball, takes his shot, crowd takes its collective gasp... and I block the shit out of it and swatted it into the bleachers. Guy falls over, glasses go flying = crowd is pissed. About two seconds later I realized what I did. I still take shit for this incident, a decade later.

This three point-shootin kid is obviously very highly functioning for an autistic kid. That crowd mobbing him is a great thing.

• Had a similar situation like this in high school, other team put a mentally retarded player in for the 4th quarter. Guy looked like your average player, wore eyeglasses. So dude gets the ball, takes his shot, crowd takes its collective gasp... and I block the shit out of it and swatted it into the bleachers. Guy falls over, glasses go flying = crowd is pissed. About two seconds later I realized what I did. I still take shit for this incident, a decade later.

"Batting down a mentally retarded kid's only shot..."

• Regarding the talent level of the team:

It's a typical suburban high school basketball team. They're in Class AA, so they play other schools with student populations of 1000+.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    There's an episode of the White Shadow that deals w/ this. The actor who plays the kid looks like LeBron James.............shit is scary. But touching. Seeing those cats achieve always gets me. Sniff..Sniff...

• There's an episode of the White Shadow that deals w/ this. The actor who plays the kid looks like LeBron James.............shit is scary. But touching. Seeing those cats achieve always gets me. Sniff..Sniff...

Kinda like that retarded guy in Leaving Las Vegas.

"Iwannafuckyouintheass!"

And you can't help but think, "Awww, look, his first anal sex."

Brings a tear to the eye.