SpiderMan in Black Suit!!!

2»

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Isnt eddie brock suppose to be a big broad bully
    opposite of Topher Grace no???

True, but the general public doesnt know that and the casting of topher grace runs right along with all the other young OC types who are in these Spider- movies.

Hi,

I figure the casting works in relation to peter's character - obviously they play fast & loose with the original stories in these things. There isn't going to be a secret war featuring a mega cast of heroes & villians in this movie. The actual story of the symbiote isn't going to come up. By taking that goofy kid as venom, they've created a character that can play against peter as a kind of belivable anti-spidey or a kind of weird ass doppleganger.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If they dont do the symbiote, they'll have to really come up with an explaination for the living costume.
    I hope its not just a jealous spiderman fan who sews a black costume to confront him......boring.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    If they dont do the symbiote, they'll have to really come up with an explaination for the living costume.
    I hope its not just a jealous spiderman fan who sews a black costume to confront him......boring.

I'm sure it'll still be an alien, but more like something that came to earth in a meteor or maybe some kind of invention by Osborne industries gone bad.

• the black suit was straight piff in secret wars! BTW, a piece of the black suit broke off, hopped on a criminal, thus creating Carnage, a more evil version of venom...

um...yeah.

• '
    OH SHIT ITS D.CASTILLO

• Did you guys see the headline on that Dunst story that was linked? "Dunst Blows Spidey 3 Villains." Um, yeah, this is going to be a blockbuster.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "Late yesterday afternoon, the marketing department at Sony decided that the time
    had finally come to induce the painful, 14-month buzz erection in the fanboy
    population that must precede the opening of the next installment of The Greatest
    Superhero Franchise Of Them All, Spider-Man 3. Superherohype.com has been
    anointed to kick off the priapic odyssey by displaying the first teaser pic,
    which will be obsessed over as if it were carved into a stone tablet and flown
    down from heaven by Moses riding on Superman???s shoulders.[/b]"

haha

venom was always my favorite spidey villain.
    the hobgobblin's son is going to make for a good villain too.
    i see them milking this franchise for at least 5 parts, but if they're smart
    they'd end it at 4

• dayday 9,611 Posts

the hob green goblin's son is going to make for a good villain too.

I wanted to see him fight Hobgoblin, but obviously they basically did that in the 1st movie so that aint gonna happen. This one looks like it might be alright. Sandman looks legit. [/nerd]

• OH SHIT ITS D.CASTILLO

HAHAHAH

• I presume everyone noticed Curt Connors made an appearance in Spidey 2.
    Why would they do that & not have him feature in No 3...or will there be a No 4?

I wanna see some non-human looking villians as well. Connors would be ideal...

• he is gonna be the villain in the 4th movie.

• He is?
    Hmmn, I guess he'll be in No 3 & get some more development as a character to then burst out in No 4.
    Fingers crossed that No 3 is a blockbuster.

I'd rather see The Lizard than Venom. Venom is too similiar a look to Spidey & besides. The symbiote story was like 20+ years after he was created & not many other than Spider freaks no of the that radical story departure anyway.

I'd rather see Electro as a villian, so they can play some Bambaataa when he enters the scene. Ha!
    Shame he has such a fruity looking costume.
    Wonder if Kayne will be on the soundtrack...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Well.. I haven't been around in a bit. "Broke"aine is a helluva drug. A little backstory: When I was a kid I got the nickname spidey from climbing trees and houses and such. Ever since I've been a longtime reader of Spiderman.

As far as I'm concerned Sam Raimi has turned something that I've loved since I was a kid into an episode of Xena. The camp and the cheese of his vision is bastardizing the original story. Besides the horrible casting, writing, acting, directing, and pissing on great writers. They got the most important part about Spiderman wrong. Spiderman. I sort of knew it was going to be for the worst when they were talking about changing his powers. All the CG in the world cannot generate a personality. In almost every comic that I've read Peter Parker puts on the suit he's very self-analytical, and semi-angsty, but his true charisma comes out. He's constantly cracking jokes, and they're pretty good. He's one of the only superheros that points out the ridiculousness of being a superhero into the open. With that said, no matter how many beautifully rendered films that sam raimi faines. You will never have anything with substance beyond a beautiful picture.

That is all.

- spidey

Well.. I haven't been around in a bit. "Broke"aine is a helluva drug. A little backstory: When I was a kid I got the nickname spidey from climbing trees and houses and such. Ever since I've been a longtime reader of Spiderman.

As far as I'm concerned Sam Raimi has turned something that I've loved since I was a kid into an episode of Xena. The camp and the cheese of his vision is bastardizing the original story. Besides the horrible casting, writing, acting, directing, and pissing on great writers. They got the most important part about Spiderman wrong. Spiderman. I sort of knew it was going to be for the worst when they were talking about changing his powers. All the CG in the world cannot generate a personality. In almost every comic that I've read Peter Parker puts on the suit he's very self-analytical, and semi-angsty, but his true charisma comes out. He's constantly cracking jokes, and they're pretty good. He's one of the only superheros that points out the ridiculousness of being a superhero into the open. With that said, no matter how many beautifully rendered films that sam raimi faines. You will never have anything with substance beyond a beautiful picture.

That is all.

Dude, as a comic-head myself, I've learned to live w/ the Hollywood abstraction of my favorite comic cats. The comic will always be tinkered with. This sort of recontextualiztion happens within the comic industry itself(UltimateSpiderMan).
    There were crazy problems w/ Batman Begins but Hollywood still put out a good fuckin' movie. U know u cant really hold your comic standards to the movie standard. Emily & Chet just want to eat popcorn and text their friends about how cool the special effects were. They can care less if Spidey doesnt sit in his room late at night a makes an anti-electricty/extra insulated web formula for his
    big battle w/ Electro or the Shocker.
    The characters are well fleshed out,there's enuff back story for u to care about Parker & friends. What super hero movie has "Oscar" award acting? I'ts not really crucial IMO.

The camp and the cheese is needed. Spiderman is not really dark like SinCity.
    I know Spidey is that supershit for u like Batman iz for me, but u have to accept that these "bastardizations" are what keeps the ICONs fresh for new generations.
    This shit iz a long way from the way theyve fucked up Starsky & Hutch/Swat/ETC.

• I think that's just a black and white pic

apparently not.....check the official site, scroll to the caption underneath the picture

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    For real, you want to see a comic book that Hollywood is likely going to get really, really, really wrong?

That said, I thought "Spiderman" (the first one) was underwhelming but the sequel got props for a better story arc. I wish the villains were more, um, villain-y. Green Goblin (as portrayed in the movie) was a joke and much as I like Alfred Molina, he hammed up his role almost as badly.

Where's Juggernaut at?

• Watchmen is far too complex for cinema.
    It'd have to be a trilogy at least. But surely the story alone would go over the multiplex crowd's heads.

Waiting for Miller's Batman vs Al Qaeda story he's working on. Sounds intriguing.

For real, you want to see a comic book that Hollywood is likely going to get really, really, really wrong?

Watchmen is stuff.....leave it alone. Same with Dark Knight Returns.

I also heard that V for Vendetta is NOT andorsed by Alan Moore....

Where's Juggernaut at?

H'ell be in this flick!!! He's no longer a spiderman villain.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Spiderman 3 will be the shit!

Im a little concerned about the new xmen though. THe last one was piff however.

Im a little concerned about the new xmen though.

Why?

Too many sub-plots and characters to deal w/? It's a difficult task.

Collosus vs Jugganaut =

• i liked the spiderman films but green goblin was way too like something from power rangers for my liking.

xmen bored me..

• ^^^ I thought the Nitecrawler intro was & worth the price of admission.

I just read that Keanu Reeves is up for the Silver Surfer either in a new film or as a guest role in Fantastic Four 2.
    Dude is like over 40!!! Why the think hell would they turn him into Norrin Raddster...
    SS is too complex & difficult a to film to be worthwhile...
    Peter Parker is more grounded with human problems, so it works with the general public.

I just read that Keanu Reeves is up for the Silver Surfer either in a new film or as a guest role in Fantastic Four 2.
    Dude is like over 40!!! Why the think hell would they turn him into Norrin Raddster...
    SS is too complex & difficult a to film to be worthwhile...
    Peter Parker is more grounded with human problems, so it works with the general public.

Vin Diesel is also rumoured for SS.

Silver Surfur iz that real comic head shit. But if they present it as Galactus/God to SS/Jesus , the public could grasp it. Sending SS to earth to tell people of the Coming!!!!

The way it was originally wrote, would be to philsophical for the multiplex.
    Indie/arthouse would work.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Silver Surfur iz that real comic head shit. But if they present it as Galactus/God to SS/Jesus , the public could grasp it. Sending SS to earth to tell people of the Coming!!!!

I'm just trying to imagine what Galactus would look like on-screen and if they could pull it off. I don't know - I don't generally think comic book movies really work (see my previous, though much disagreed with, opinion about "Sin City", though in hindsight, at least Sin City didn't require the portrayal of the supernatural per se). It's just hard to translate the scope of disbelief that accompanies comic books into a cinematic form: look how long the Spiderman movies took and even if you many "like" the films, it's hardly a slam-dunk case.

It's also a challenge of narrative but I guess one could say that about any adaptation from a literary source (and yeah, I think comic books can definitely be literary). Considering other adapations that have been pulled off of previously "un-adaptable" sources, I guess I should be more open-minded.

This said, I do think there's at least one comic book that could work very well as a movie: Wolverine. It's so obvious this will be spun off and why not? I think Hugh Jackman's done a decent job of playing Wolverine in the X-Men movies; his character is less special-effects and more in the portrayal and he's an interesting and dark character (just please don't adapt the whole "Last Samurai"-esque storyline).

Personally, the geek in me would love to see them try to pull off either Secret Wars or the Infinity Gauntlet but neither will ever happen (outside of a Last Emperor song).

Personally, the geek in me would love to see them try to pull off either Secret Wars or the Infinity Gauntlet but neither will ever happen (outside of a Last Emperor song).

Nor Crisis on Infinite Earths. Too many characters to deal with.

X3 will set the bar for this.

• speaking of x3, who is looking forward to:

dangerroom battles.

iceman vs pyro

colossus vs juggernaut

Psylocke (DAMN)

multiple man vs wolverine

.......sounds good to me

speaking of x3, who is looking forward to:

dangerroom battles.

iceman vs pyro

colossus vs juggernaut

Psylocke (DAMN)

multiple man vs wolverine

.......sounds good to me

True.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

I'm sure it'll still be an alien, but more like something that came to earth in a meteor or maybe some kind of invention by Osborne industries gone bad.

when i saw the 2nd movie, i had assumed they were gonna make Jameson's son Venom, i.e. he returns from space with the symbiote... i figured that b/c they would never use the Secret Wars origin as it makes no sense to the 90% of the movie audience who've never read those comics and i also figured they'd never use Man Wolf as he's definitely a relic of Marvel's push towards horror comics (Werewolf by Night, Tomb of Dracula, Ghost Rider) in the 70's... but, it seems like they're doing something else... but then again, with the 2nd movie also potentially setting up The Lizard and Harry Osborne as the 2nd Green Goblin, it's hard to tell what they're up to...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

when i saw the 2nd movie, i had assumed they were gonna make Jameson's son Venom, i.e. he returns from space with the symbiote... i figured that b/c they would never use the Secret Wars origin as it makes no sense to the 90% of the movie audience who've never read those comics and i also figured they'd never use Man Wolf as he's definitely a relic of Marvel's push towards horror comics (Werewolf by Night, Tomb of Dracula, Ghost Rider) in the 70's... but, it seems like they're doing something else... but then again, with the 2nd movie also potentially setting up The Lizard and Harry Osborne as the 2nd Green Goblin, it's hard to tell what they're up to...

ive been reading that Harry is going to resurface as Green Goblin in this movie, but will be an ally to Spiderman.

and im a HUGE spiderman dork and, like most, was really not into the first flick. however i thought they really did a great job with the second movie. they built the characters well, and they played with Peters inner-battles as much as they can in the mainstream film industry. i definately could no hate when i walked out of that theatre, and im hoping the same for Spiderman 3.