Ghostface "Untitled"(Good Times) white label 12"

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
we've discussed this before, but I couldnt find any info on it in the SS archives. You know the one..the promo white label of the "Good Times" sampled track that didnt get cleared and was released and titled as "Untitled"(dirty/acapella/clean/inst.). It's from the Bulletprood Wallets time period I guess.What does this go for? I thought I had seen it before on Ebay, but I can't find anything now. I cant remember if it goes for anything or not and just wanted to know before I set sale it.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    $5-10

• yeah... maybe $20, tops...

• thanks

• I remember they had this on TTL not too long ago. I wasn't really flipping out about it though.

• is this the same one?

Ghostface - Goodtimes Pt II

• is this the same one?

Ghostface - Goodtimes Pt II

no, that's not it

• there are at least three different flavors of this promo/bootleg; some have *horrible* sound quality, some have *not so horrible* sound quality. the untitled promo sounds okay and is as legit as you'll get if you want that song on vinyl...but yeah, it's not valuable.

in case anyone's interested, i remixed this song for a mix i made a few years back:
    http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HXBR8BZSWT213GAVJ6YZNJ5N2

now what i *really* want is a promo copy of "one" off supreme clientele...

• now what i *really* want is a promo copy of "one" off supreme clientele...

Really? I see this frequently. I'll grab the next copy I see.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Is this a different version than the one on the lp?

peace

h

• i found the same exact white label Ghostface "Untitled" 12" at my local Goodwill for $1 (not the one in the pic, but the same one you have)... i tried selling it on ebay that week starting at $5 and noone ever bid on it... my guess is that even though it seems rare at first glance (being white label and UNTITLED)... it's really not that rare.

Is this a different version than the one on the lp?

peace

h

HAZ: nope, same song. just want the loud pressing and instrumental.

Jonny: yes! i'm sure it's easy enough to find, i've just been unlucky over the years. i'll pass off something or other in return for sure...

i found the same exact white label Ghostface "Untitled" 12" at my local Goodwill for $1 (not the one in the pic, but the same one you have)... i tried selling it on ebay that week starting at $5 and noone ever bid on it... my guess is that even though it seems rare at first glance (being white label and UNTITLED)... it's really not that rare.

Yeah, there seems to be plenty about and while I have problems with the pressing quality on this one others on here have said its fine...

Even the "Watch/Flowers" 12" isn't "valuable" these days...

I guess the fact that all these songs were so heavily booted probably reduced demand as well

JP probably gets more since he's in NYC though...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i still need that flowers promo 12"
    i cant even bare to listen to the album version of it

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I sold one of these (offical promo of UNTITLED) late last year for $30.. I remember TSL doin' pretty good with it around the same time too... pretty nice shit, who did the beat? Alchemist?

Whoever needed that ONE 12", hit me up, I got a spare copy here...

peace.

Those interested in hunting down the legit versions of ALL the BW outtakes should track down the OG clean promo 2xlp of the album, its got "The Sun" on (which I believe the only curse in is 'pussy' which I *think* remains unedited for some reason)

I think the only Ghost 12" currently demanding $10+ on the bay is Dayona 500/Camay though

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The Run 12" was going for a decent amount a while back.

at the flea market at the fair grounds in raleigh, there are literally 30 or 40 of these all sitting next to each other in one spot

The Run 12" was going for a decent amount a while back.

Like the others mentioned above, you couldn't find em when they were new and prices were high... since then all the copies that never entered the market have, and prices are under $10 on all of em...

Who else has the pre-Def Jam Starks Enterprises pressing of "Run" though?

I'm assuming thats what the "Gorilla Hood" 12" was on too, which if it actually exists would be a seriously rarity... I've never seen one, even on the web...

at the flea market at the fair grounds in raleigh, there are literally 30 or 40 of these all sitting next to each other in one spot

I think there are one or two left...