update on the European Soulstrut Meeting

2»

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    and anyway you can't get in rush, cause maybe the people that could be interested may could be offline now

which is not my fault. i might open another thread in one or two weeks though. this whole thread is horrible. most of my threads end up this way... haha

• Hi All,

there might be a little ill comunication thing going on here, I guess

OK, I will not comment other postings here, instead I try to describe what our audience expects of a usual "Disco Diamant" (thats a party that I and my fella Defcon do now in the 7th year) night here in Cologne - I guess that makes most sense...

Let me say this loud and clear: The people DO like hip hop. Even "My Hump" and even Ultramagnetic MC's.

They come to listen to funk, disco, hip hop, latin and jazz, as long as it is made for the dancefloor. We usualy dont't play reggae or raggaton, but even that would work, we just don't have them recuts, mang...

I guess the most important part is that they like the mixture of styles!

We probably would go directly from some facemelt breakbeatraer into a 80's poptune that probably even your mum could sing along to and from that we go into some Hip Hop (no question of old or new, Cutis Blow goes AND David Banner goes as well!). As long as you can mix it (tempo- and skillwise) everything is good!

Braekbeatraer goes as well, as long as it is not too downtempo to dance to and as long as it is catchy enough for everyones feet. I play Klaus Weiss into random MUZA braekbeatraer and harvest dancecraze on the floor... No problem!

We have usualy lots of girls in the club. They probably want to hear some classics frequently, just to assure that they are not on some breakbeat raer nerdy mars planet, but in a club that knows their needs (not THAT needs you moron)

The people just want a nice mixture of things. But again and final, we play hip hop and funk, soul, disco, latin in quite the same amounts. "What goes" is best discribed by that sentence on an olde James recut that sez: "What we gonna play now?", "Bobby, whatever we play, it's got to be funky!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Nerd moment. Its: "Bobby, I don't know,..."

• Nerd moment. Its: "Bobby, I don't know,..."

I just love to be on this forum...

• Nerd moment. Its: "Bobby, I don't know,..."

damn I remeber me too that sentence

• are we talking plastic surgery annual meeting? or euro strut initial meeting :-) ??

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Hi All,

there might be a little ill comunication thing going on here, I guess

OK, I will not comment other postings here, instead I try to describe what our audience expects of a usual "Disco Diamant" (thats a party that I and my fella Defcon do now in the 7th year) night here in Cologne - I guess that makes most sense...

Let me say this loud and clear: The people DO like hip hop. Even "My Hump" and even Ultramagnetic MC's.

They come to listen to funk, disco, hip hop, latin and jazz, as long as it is made for the dancefloor. We usualy dont't play reggae or raggaton, but even that would work, we just don't have them recuts, mang...

I guess the most important part is that they like the mixture of styles!

We probably would go directly from some facemelt breakbeatraer into a 80's poptune that probably even your mum could sing along to and from that we go into some Hip Hop (no question of old or new, Cutis Blow goes AND David Banner goes as well!). As long as you can mix it (tempo- and skillwise) everything is good!

Braekbeatraer goes as well, as long as it is not too downtempo to dance to and as long as it is catchy enough for everyones feet. I play Klaus Weiss into random MUZA braekbeatraer and harvest dancecraze on the floor... No problem!

We have usualy lots of girls in the club. They probably want to hear some classics frequently, just to assure that they are not on some breakbeat raer nerdy mars planet, but in a club that knows their needs (not THAT needs you moron)

The people just want a nice mixture of things. But again and final, we play hip hop and funk, soul, disco, latin in quite the same amounts. "What goes" is best discribed by that sentence on an olde James recut that sez: "What we gonna play now?", "Bobby, whatever we play, it's got to be funky!"

let me chose the djs and everything is going to be fine. oh well, hip hop here we come. soulstrut = hip hop plus "crate digging". maybe us hip hop boys can play some funk too. funky hip hop that is. oh boy!

yep! don't say i'm not supposed to be mad. don't say i'm all wrong.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Oi Grope!

Everything sounds good. I'm coming. Don't be so mad and hectic, you're talking that fire talk again . You can't expect people to respond instantly to this thread, especially just before the weekend. I'm sure people have got other things to do than lurk constantly on SS. Soon come. Easy.

I don't know if I can bring records, since I am probably making the trip to K??ln part of a longer trip around Europe, but I will let you know. Taking a few extra digging days sounds good, I might just do that.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Oi Grope!

Everything sounds good. I'm coming. Don't be so mad and hectic, you're talking that fire talk again . You can't expect people to respond instantly to this thread, especially just before the weekend. I'm sure people have got other things to do than lurk constantly on SS. Soon come. Easy.

I don't know if I can bring records, since I am probably making the trip to K??ln part of a longer trip around Europe, but I will let you know. Taking a few extra digging days sounds good, I might just do that.

cool. thanks! i didn't expect quick answers anyway. i was just hoping for some positive feedback. sorry about the no hip hop thing. i intened to say: "please no straight hip hop sets". which would have been more comprehensible. i would still expect DJs to play some old old music (hip hop included), but I won't interfere anymore. i'll shut up about the club night. it's ScopeCGN's club night.

PLEASE CONTINUE THIS THREAD IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT SECTION. I posted a new thread over there. Thanks.

like i said, i' probably drive down to frankfurt or stuttgart and check out some spots on the way. it would be more fun to be in company.

• I can't be arsed to read all this thread but I'll be up for a meet up in August.

I think the german guy is on about playing a minimal amount of RAP music rather than hip hop, as "Funk, Soul, Jazz" come suder the banner of "hip hop" really, which is fine with me as Rap's boring anyway.

The following better be in effect though if I'm coming:

first and foremost breakbeats in abundance

Record nerds as above

Gash as above

I have a little contest we could do as well but I may keep it under my hat for the time being.

Also I'd be up for a few days digging what ever....

Finally will I be able to mention the war?

• So this is cancelled now then or what? Having 2 threads on the subject doesn't help as its hard to work out whats happening.

Flying internally Europe is well cheap these days and deuschland is fairly central so I reckon its best to run with germany. All the continental heads just need records and to turn up. You can stay in yoof hostels or summit (no homo).

Actually we should do it when the world cup is on...

Yanks should come too

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Brother Grope decided to not organize this, as it is too much of a hassle for him, since he really wanted to do it properly with booking flights, investing in flyers etc..I fo feel however that the first august weekend in cologne should still be a thing to consider for everyone and everyone interested can decide if they wanna come...we can still organise a lil bbq by the river and go partying with scope and defcon and whoever wants to spin on the night...just because now not that many people repsonded or showed interest, i wouldn't call it a day (no pun intended)...i can understand that this big organising thing is too much, so we could do it on a smaller scale...if that would be still interesting for people, i don't know...hell, i'm gonna be there anyway and party with the cologne guys, whoever wanna come, pm me or scopecgn and we get this happen...prolly grope will join in (I hope)...makin real world moves and meet people can't be a bad thing even if it is not the superproperorganised meeting...

mis dos centos

s. dojah

• fuck it if theres an event on large or small I'm there.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    yep, cosign!! So see you there...