Your favorites on Areito?

2»

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Damn I hope I didn't sell Grupo Experimental raer for chump change!

I think they do well if you use "psych" in the description. Take a look at poopsike.

I would go with "tremendous acid-folk-psych from Cuba, a truly masterpiece"

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Damn I hope I didn't sell Grupo Experimental raer for chump change!

I think they do well if you use "psych" in the description. Take a look at poopsike.

I would go with "tremendous acid-folk-psych from Cuba, a truly masterpiece"

damn! oh well. no me importa

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Areito has a lot of really great music. I'm putting together a mix of my fave stuff, but won't be done til i track down a few lp's I'm missing. Can't beleive no one mentioned Grupo Irakere. Their 1st lp is solid all the way through and not too tough to track down. "Bacalao Con Pan" (the song & plate) is a classic @ my families house in hialeah. I have extras of a few so PM if needed. 

• Options
    hialeah

, K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I have the blue cover one of Grupo Irakere, s/t, is that their first lp??

I saw some other strutter here with a copy in one of those flossing threads recently. It's a good one, very funky.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I have the blue cover one of Grupo Irakere, s/t, is that their first lp??

yep.

1st press

Don't sleep on Chuchos' solo records. Great latin jazz.

• hialeah

, K.

What up with Hialeah? All my weird generic looking latin records were manufactured there. Whats the history, why Hialeah? I have always wondered this.

• areito in cleveland = realheadz:
    ha werd.

second those juan pablo torres joints...the one with the girl and algo nuevo...so damn good.

no one mentioned grupo monumental...i got one LP of theirs with some butter tracks.

i was in cuba in 97 when there was a cuban allstar song the radio that was like a eulogy for che..."despues de tanto tiempo y tanta tempestad, seguimos para siempre este camino largo largo por donde tu vas...". kinda sappy, but it reminds me a lot of my time there, so i have sentimental attachment to it. silvio sang a verse. anybody know it?

bewell,t

• since i dont speak spanish im taking a guess here. but is this "hasta siempre comandante che" by carlos puebla?

• naw shig, not hasta siempre. it was kinda cool cause they never really mention his name, just talk of che's and how he wasnt chasing windmills. dope tribute. i actually saw all the artists perform it live on the steps of the university.

• sounds cool. got any pics from your trip? i really dig all the old bombas. i mean that many working classic american cars. shit its like a free museum!

oh, and id like to have some food there.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    If you want to hear what the serious Cuban collectors are after, you should check out cubop's cuban mix on my site, www.waxingdeep.org under 'music'. I don't know of anyone who knows as much about the cuban catalogue as cubop.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Man, nostalgia. Thanks Raj for linking to this. 

To bring it all around, my last post mentioned Cubop.  I was in Osaka in August and saw Cubop DJ in a little club.  It was my first time meeting him/ 

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    YO  great threrad

bring back JLR
    RAJ