What's the difference between...

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Arawak All Stars, Apache Band and Incredible Bongo Band? I got doubles of the 12" of Apache, one is by Arawak, the other by Apache Band. Different pressings and slightly different versions. Are they just different names for the same band? Thanks.

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I thought that the arawak apache was a paul winley bootleg... I don't know if there is an IBB apache 12" (just saw a european pic sleeve 45 on eBay that I didn't know existed, so maybe). I don't know about the apache band.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've never owned Arawak or Apache Band but I thought I'd read that they were both boots of IBB from back in the day

• Options
    No difference. The 12's are boots (form late 70's/early 80's) from NY with "Made in Jamaica" meant as a disguise.

K in Canada.

• No difference. The 12's are boots (form late 70's/early 80's) from NY with "Made in Jamaica" meant as a disguise.

K in Canada.

hmmm, interesting. Mine both are 'made in jamaica' one on Dell Tone another on Arawak. And I noticed that it's spelled Apachie not Apache. And one is definitely an extended edit that doubles up on the drum breakdown.

thanks again!