can anybody identify this group?? (snippet inside)

hendravishendravis 689 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
i have been trying to figure out who these guys were for awile now... if anybody has a clue thatd b very helpfulcheck out these snippets and let me kno if u have any ideahttp://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MO9XLHIYLQXW33Q4995HYEI0C

Comments

• These links don't work.

• These links don't work.

I just checked them out , they both work ... hmmm
    its an m4a file

• I can't get it to work. Is the track called "Mother May I"? Is it soul?

• well heres a treat for everyone who came into the thread and had no idea who it was or for whoever didnt even bother to check and see if they knew

2-27-81 Japan
    Talking Heads - Crosseyed And Painless

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XI4TEOF2L96035ZOZNIUB3GUY

• yeah thats what it is called on Jel's - Greenball album but i am tryin to find out who the original artist is that he sampled for that interlude

• yeah thats what it is called on Jel's - Greenball album but i am tryin to find out who the original artist is that he sampled for that interlude

I know of mid-sixties "Mother May I" by Lemme B.Goode. It's hammond driven. Not sure if this is what your looking for without hearing it though. Good luck.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I recognised the snippet that was used as an interlude because it was sampled by KMD for some track. The-Breaks.com lists a sample by KMD of the song "4 O'clock in the morning" by The Hassles from the album Hour of the Wolf. I have a feeling that this is the source, although I have never seen this album or heard of The Hassles.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I recognised the snippet that was used as an interlude because it was sampled by KMD for some track. The-Breaks.com lists a sample by KMD of the song "4 O'clock in the morning" by The Hassles from the album Hour of the Wolf. I have a feeling that this is the source, although I have never seen this album or heard of The Hassles.

wow, someone finally took that shit to the-breaks.com

If KMD and Jel used it, I'm guessing this is indeed what you're looking for:

If you haven't heard of the Hassles, perhaps you've heard of Billy Joel?

• [quote}

wow, someone finally took that shit to the-breaks.com

This had me laughing uncontrollably for some reason... I need sleep

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Who is this Billy Joel you speak of? Does he sound like Jel?