Copenhagen digging

johnny_ruhbarbjohnny_ruhbarb 95 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I worked i cobenhagen for 3 months, here are my finds. Almost all of them were found in one basement. The man who owned it woked in a record store in the 70??.I payed ca. 1, 6 usd pr. record.

Comments

• Noice. Copenhagen is good for records...

- J

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Just gotta stay away from Sound Station. Well, ok, you can find the odd thing there, but in general, their prices...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    stay away from Sound Station.

• This guys basement was good for records! And it still is, next time im going to cph im gonna drop by his house again.
    I dont think cph is good i genaral for crate digging. But i guess its all about being at the right place at the right time. This is my best finds ever!

• Never drop by soud station, but i also heard thay are expensive as shit! The other shop in the same street think it??s called Circles is a nice store.

• stay away from Sound Station.

I've been at sound stadtion once, i think it was when pete rock& cl smooth played. About two years ago. Here's some prices that I remember

Bob James "Two" 600kr.=$100
    Bob James "One" 400kr.=$65
    Ultra Magnetics "critical beat down" 1000kr.= $165

• I visited a friend who lives in N??rrebro a couple of months ago. It was a short visit so I only had time for Accord and some other small stores. Ok, but no "your balls would sweat like nothing else" finds. Is there any other stores in that area that I need to check out?

• Copenhagen is not good for records. Period!

Around Noerrebro theres also Second Beat on Jagtvej near where it crosses tagensvej.

Holla,

Dress

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

Hi. Sorry just want to enquire about the Brandenburg Boogie record at the bottom. is it any good ??

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Copenhagen is not good for records. Period!

Around Noerrebro theres also Second Beat on Jagtvej near where it crosses tagensvej.

Holla,

Dress

hey dress, du er tilbage fra det afrikanske...

last i heard theyre closing some of the Accord second hand record shops, only the store located close to r??dhuspladsen (city centre) will stay open, basically all (new) record shops has been closed also, theres still acouple of mixed ones left.

mr PAc has dope records www.yeswecancan.com

copenhagen has alot of record digging people, a large crowd of people young and old who consistantly tours the city vacuming spots, making finds difficult...

for anybody visiting the city this weekend theres a record fair this sunday in N??rrebrohallen.

peace.

• Hi. Sorry just want to enquire about the Brandenburg Boogie record at the bottom. is it any good ??

Hey,
    I haven??t hat the time to listen to that one yet, but i will later to nigth, and then i will tell you what??s it like.

• Hi. Sorry just want to enquire about the Brandenburg Boogie record at the bottom. is it any good ??

Hey,
    I haven??t hat the time to listen to that one yet, but i will later to nigth, and then i will tell you what??s it like.

Now i have heard the first half, its a jazz record, violin, vibes, piano, bass, drums, flute. It??s has some nice moments where there??s a nice swing, but it??s also got alot of corny flute. And it gets kinda boaring.
    It??s not a very good record after my taste, but then again i have not heard the whole album. But i dit not feel like listening to the other half.

• Copenhagen is not good for records. Period!

Holla,

Dress

I guess it depends on what you??re looking for. I??ve only been there once, but made off with some very nice things. Went to that sound station store with a friend. Took one look at the prices in the jazz-section and got out. REEDEECULOUS!

The yeswecancan store was dope as hell, and Martin Pac is one chill character.

Hey, m_dejean skulle ikke du til Brazil?

- J

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Can we get an 'instant collection' graemlin up for this thread?

Never mind the recs, please tell us more about your footwear - I guess it's pretty cold over there now - right?

Rez

• Can we get an 'instant collection' graemlin up for this thread?

Never mind the recs, please tell us more about your footwear - I guess it's pretty cold over there now - right?

Rez

he he....It is pretty cold! My sutsko ( the danish expression for my footwear) are pretty smelly, and well worn, comfortable, cheap. I can hook you up with a pair if you want?