Uptown Baby sample???

krulewitchkrulewitch 10 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Hey guys, I just was in Costa Rica on a vacation last weekend and I was listening to some radio there and I heard a song that Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz sampled for "Uptown Baby". No its not Black Cow by Steely Dan, I already know that, it was taken from the beginning of the song with the horns. It was some kind of salsa song I believe. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• wait for it...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Reged: 02/14/06
    Loc: New York, NY, USA

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• Who is Steely Dan?

And before you make fun of me, I'm kinda new to psych rock digging.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    in Costa Rica on a vacation last weekend

• My cousin played in the paradisepoker.com masters IV tournament, if you want proof you can see me in the background in the video labeled "More Final Table Play" I am chewing a pen in the background and I'm wearing a gray t-shirt with Key West written on it...

http://www.paradisepoker.com/promotions/masters/masters4_video/

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    My cousin played in the paradisepoker.com masters IV tournament, if you want proof you can see me in the background in the video labeled "More Final Table Play" I am chewing a pen in the background and I'm wearing a gray t-shirt with Key West written on it...

http://www.paradisepoker.com/promotions/masters/masters4_video/

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Is that the dude from Ninja Guiden?

• Is that the dude from Ninja Guiden?

Gaiden, It's Ninja Gaiden, get your NES knowledge on level.

• crap. not to burst the bubble. But what is that horn? I've seen it asked on the breaks (and here)and nobody has answered. I've and now i'm back.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've always wondered the same thing though. Whatever that song is, it gets play all the time in NY salsa radio.

• The horns at the beginnning come from a Jerry Rivera song, I forget the title (and am not sure if he is covering someone else). Dude was a romantic salsa singer in the early 90s, don't know if his albums were ever released on vinyl. A staple at all junior high welcome dances.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The horns at the beginnning come from a Jerry Rivera song, I forget the title (and am not sure if he is covering someone else). Dude was a romantic salsa singer in the early 90s, don't know if his albums were ever released on vinyl. A staple at all junior high welcome dances.

Yeah... that song gets dumb play in NY. Jerry Rivera. I knew it was a rather recent/contemporary song.

• Private Ninja Garden

• Found it guys...Amores Como el Nuestro by Jerry Rivera