Some lounge shit that I have been working on.

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Inspired partly by my early weekend trip to palm springs, drinking with Day, my new favorite book "The Modern Drunkard", and Delerium served in the pink elephant glass, and the phrase "when pink elephants get drunk they see YOU."And watching the winter olypics in the high desert. (yes, drunk).Day, these are for you baybay!(they would go out, grab their nuts, and SLAP THAT BITCH ON THE ASS!) EDIT: Ug... my domain expired.... I guess I'll have to use YouSendIt. Damn. No wonder my super awesome avatar wont show up anymore. delicious delirium! Pink Elephant Cha Cha This is LOUNGE MUSIC... not "real schitt", not "rap", just lounge shit I was working on this weekend.Hey, if tomatoes came from america, what did italians put on spagetti before columbus????You know how sometimes what you thought was just going to be a fart turns out to be, uh, more? I wonder if sometimes pigeons are about to bomb a car and it turns out to only be a fart. and then they are emberassed?Sorry, I'm still waiting to upload on yousendit.Did you know that silly putty was invented while trying to find an alternative to rubber during WW2?

Comments

• Inspired partly by my early weekend trip to palm springs, drinking with Day, my new favorite book "The Modern Drunkard", and Delerium served in the pink elephant glass, and the phrase "when pink elephants get drunk they see YOU."
    And watching the winter olypics in the high desert. (yes, drunk).

Day, these are for you baybay!

(they would go out, grab their nuts, and SLAP THAT BITCH ON THE ASS!)

EDIT: Ug... my domain expired.... I guess I'll have to use YouSendIt. Damn. No wonder my super awesome avatar wont show up anymore.

delicious delirium!

Pink Elephant Cha Cha

This is LOUNGE MUSIC... not "real schitt", not "rap", just lounge shit I was working on this weekend.

Hey, if tomatoes came from america, what did italians put on spagetti before columbus????

You know how sometimes what you thought was just going to be a fart turns out to be, uh, more? I wonder if sometimes pigeons are about to bomb a car and it turns out to only be a fart. and then they are emberassed?

Sorry, I'm still waiting to upload on yousendit.

Did you know that silly putty was invented while trying to find an alternative to rubber during WW2?

If you like Delerium try Duvel.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

You know how sometimes what you thought was just going to be a fart turns out to be, uh, more?

tell me about it, and then you have to go to the bathroom just to check for possible damage.....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Delirium was like Snap Music. Although I don't particularly care for it, The effect on me that it had in the Crubb made it a worthwile local inebriated experience.

• Delirium was like Snap Music. Although I don't particularly care for it, The effect on me that it had in the Crubb made it a worthwile local inebriated experience.

Yeah, I don't care for it either. Its a knock off of Duvel. Duvel has the same effect but has a much better flavor.

Delirium was like Snap Music. Although I don't particularly care for it, The effect on me that it had in the Crubb made it a worthwile local inebriated experience.

Yeah, I don't care for it either. Its a knock off of Duvel. Duvel has the same effect but has a much better flavor.

I celebrated the entire cata... glassfull! Then I went back to newcastle, which is the beer by which all other beers should be judged.

• Delirium was like Snap Music. Although I don't particularly care for it, The effect on me that it had in the Crubb made it a worthwile local inebriated experience.

I celebrated the entire cata... glassfull! Then I went back to newcastle, which is the beer by which all other beers should be judged.

So disconnected from the Belgian Golden Ale.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

watching the winter olypics in the high LOW desert. (yes, drunk).

Hey, if tomatoes came from america, what did italians put on spagetti before columbus????

Tomatoes came from Mexico (suprise!)

I had fun man, I'll check these out when I get back in a bit. I'm sure they got that Lawrence Welk

p.s. I will ride for the Tremens 'till my liver falls off

MEXICO is central America.... I'm gonna go get a haircut!

Damn... NOBODY IS FEELING THE LOUUUUUNGE?????

WELL BOO TO YOU SIRS!

• I'm digging them man, but that's no surprise. One question though. Are you Ursula 1000?

No, I am not. I did have an email conversation with him once though. I think it was about furniture, but I can't really remember.

Thanks for listening! yay for marco! I love you sweets, and I think that radio dude that you jumped on is a total prick and deserved it.

• No, I am not. I did have an email conversation with him once though. I think it was about furniture, but I can't really remember.

Thanks for listening! yay for marco! I love you sweets, and I think that radio dude that you jumped on is a total prick and deserved it.

The last time I was in NYC, I jumped on Tom Scharpling.

The time before that, I met Ursula 1000 at APT and heard him spin Michael Jackson.

I am currently taking requests for which DJ's I should check out and which ones I should assault.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    MEXICO is central America.... I'm gonna go get a haircut!

I like Pink Elephant Panties the most. There's gotta be a market for this style.

And I think I've found it...

• What can I say. My lifestyle choices are adventurous and I demand that the music that accompanies them be just as delicious.

Dizzy, you go girl!

This is LOUNGE MUSIC... not "real schitt", not "rap", just lounge shit I was working on this weekend.

its funny how rap changed the lanscape of music. dudes sampling shit and calling it "lounge?" what constitutes lounge music?

Me calling it Lounge does.

And obviously its not rap, so whats the big deal?

• lanscape

Back from the dead!

OH JESUS CHRIST!!! that dude is scary. although not as scary as the old fucker digging next to me in the thrift today saying shit on his cell like "tell that bitch she can shove it in her cunt" and then "well she can go fuck her dead father.... using a funeral as an excuse...." and "thats why bitches shouldn't work at home depot... women don't know a goddam thing about men..."

I was genuinely frightened. Because this dude wasn't even yelling... this was like normal conversation for him. He was pissed but in total control, which to me means lunatic.

Then the gay man who cut my hair talked to me about raising kids and meeting his son's redneck friends in florida.

pablo honey? no wonder i'm drinking! and thats why i listen to lounge music.

• I for one enjoyed your lounge music very much, thanks for sharing. "Lounge" is a much better term then "blazing mid-tempo" or whatever! nice legrand-y coda on the crink, er, pink elephant one. and i always dig fractal vocal freakouts... "eh, uh - ah, uop, eep" haha

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Esquivel would approve. Juan step beyond, for sure.

• Yeah Dizzy. You need to put some more records out.
    Was dope. I'd def buy.

A few years ago the Brits were making this style a bit. Frank Popp, Skeewiff, Jadell, Lemon & other artists on labels like Jalapeno, Tummy Touch, Unique & ESL.
    I usually play it at lounge/exotica/60s weirdo parties.

Reminds me of this dude's music.

Listen to 'Medium Wave'..
    http://www.myspace.com/voodootrombonequartet

Yeah Dizzy. You need to put some more records out.
    Was dope. I'd def buy.

A few years ago the Brits were making this style a bit. Frank Popp, Skeewiff, Jadell, Lemon & other artists on labels like Jalapeno, Tummy Touch, Unique & ESL.
    I usually play it at lounge/exotica/60s weirdo parties.

Reminds me of this dude's music.

Listen to 'Medium Wave'..
    http://www.myspace.com/voodootrombonequartet

YES... I love that dude's music!!! I brought him up before on the strut and nobody had ever heard of it....

• Cool. I buy most of that type of stuff.
    You probably like Karminsky Experience, some Ben Human, there's more, just can't recall.

Oh & i'm sure you might like some of these Italian 45s as well. http://www.cinedelic.com/records/catalogue_45.htm

Listen here: http://www.tunes.co.uk/tunes/labels/cinedelic.html

Maybe I should get my arse into gear & do a mix

• Pink elephant chachacha - I think what you should do is
    getting some overdubs by live played instruments. Just get some instrumentalist in your
    studio and let them jam along the song, also serve them some ideas - that will really increase the depht of your otherwise great song. If you're not a instrumentalist yourself, just check out a local music school/university. The students (at least here in germany) are greatful for a quick job, and usually play on a decent professional level - so good results should be accomplished. Personally I think a dull, jazzy moog /flute solo in the background from middel to end would fit perfectly.
    Other than that - good stuff!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I like it man nice shit

its funny how rap changed the lanscape of music. dudes sampling shit and calling it "lounge?" what constitutes lounge music?

arbitrary application of the word "lounge"- it just sounds like a sample and a rap beat to me. it's good though..... serious. there's your positive ego stroke.

First, thanks for the ego stroke.

Second, I see what you are saying since I called it whatever I wanted, but I wouldn't call it arbitrary. 90 percent of the samples (pulling that number out of my ass) are from lounge/easy listening records. And my intent was to make the same kind of lounge music, except in a modern fashion, which in itself is a typical lounge/easy move. "Now Sound" records took classic tunes and redid them in whatever style of the time that was popular. I don't know if it was to make current music more accessible to adults, or old music more accessible to kids, but the results are usually both odd and entertaining at the same time. So to me, I feel like I'm making lounge music. I hardly take it seriously, because seriousness is the stroke of death to lounge music too.

Its just some fun shit to do.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

arbitrary application of the word "lounge"- it just sounds like a sample and a rap beat to me. it's good though..... serious. there's your positive ego stroke.

First, thanks for the ego stroke.

Second, I see what you are saying since I called it whatever I wanted, but I wouldn't call it arbitrary. 90 percent of the samples (pulling that number out of my ass) are from lounge/easy listening records. And my intent was to make the same kind of lounge music, except in a modern fashion, which in itself is a typical lounge/easy move. "Now Sound" records took classic tunes and redid them in whatever style of the time that was popular. I don't know if it was to make current music more accessible to adults, or old music more accessible to kids, but the results are usually both odd and entertaining at the same time. So to me, I feel like I'm making lounge music. I hardly take it seriously, because seriousness is the stroke of death to lounge music too.

Its just some fun shit to do.

Lounge we would be one of the best ways to describe, IMO. Kind of reminds me of Ursula 1000.

oops, i got spiderholed.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Damn Diz, I'm diggin your music once again fool. Like both a lot and Pink Ele' just a little more. And YES, you need to put out more music. I've copped the Kelis/Obie Trice remixes and that Bali Hai remix you posted on here a while ago and it turns out Bali Hai will be on our playlist for my wedding (NOTE: I said "OUR" playlist!!!). Fucking NICE!

• Although some of these posts have strayed a little off-topic, I'd like to say that I thought these were pretty good!

Delicious Delirium...
    This was great. I'd probably stretch to call it drum and bass - although it's some easy-listening DnB if every I heard some! I like it.

It gets a wee bit repetative at points, but it's allllll good.

Pink Elephant...
    Real nice - more Ursual 1000-esque, and very cool. definate cha-cha sounds going on here.

Top work. I'd have perhaps said the beats could do with a bit more empasis to stop it sounding like just a looped sample.

Anyway - just my two cents.

Alex