Weekend finds posts - HOT or NOT?

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Though I am certainly not free of guilt - having posted in many - I have to go with not.I mean, is it really essential to posts a photo of every Wet Willie record you find - EVERY WEEK?!?!DISCUSS...Love,A hatter

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I have to go with not.

although i always enjoyed reading them, I think it is too much, so i don't really check them anymore...and it is a lurker catering area, which produces suspect minds supplied with lists off of the threads that will fall into your local recordshops like giant grasshoppers....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    HOT.

Mostly as a source of jealousy on my part. But the fault is my own. It's been very cold lately and the only "digging" I've done the past few months is skimming the 30 or so records at a handful of local thrifts and spending maybe an hour at the shops.

Sure it gets a little redundant, seeing all the dollar-bin records for the millionth time but it's a cool way to see what people are coming up with.

I mean, the alternative is to NOT have the threads and what good would that do?

• Options

K in Canada.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Definitely hot. I'm always curious to see what people either came up on in the field or what a bit of point and click has done for them. They're also damn near the only threads rolling on weekends.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Regular weekend finds post - not.
    Spectacular weekend finds post - hot.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm sick of fake finds posts and people that only post in that threads. What sort of twisted individual needs to validate every single record by posting a pic on SS?

That being said, I like to see pics of records...so HOT.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    What sort of twisted individual needs to validate every single record by posting a pic on SS?

Exactly my point.

that said, there are some people who post every so often that I enjoy seeing - Karlaphone for example. Or, I mean, if I find something super great every now and again for $1 it's fun to share. But seriously, it's gotten uber lame.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I like to see pics of records.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'm not one to brag. plus i don't want everyone to know what i have.

i have digger friends in the real world and they know what i'm pulling up. and they're the only ones i would want to trade with. thus i usually stay away from those threads...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    What sort of twisted individual needs to validate every single record by posting a pic on SS?

Exactly my point.

that said, there are some people who post every so often that I enjoy seeing - Karlaphone for example. Or, I mean, if I find something super great every now and again for $1 it's fun to share. But seriously, it's gotten uber lame.

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I'm sick of fake finds posts and people that only post in that threads.

Fake find posts?? I mean, I'm sure there are some mixed in there, but can you or anyone else tell the difference between a fake post and a real post? How?

Anyway, I say "hot". I just like looking at records, period.

• I like to see pics of records.

Me too, "I like to watch."

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Fake find posts?? I mean, I'm sure there are some mixed in there, but can you or anyone else tell the difference between a fake post and a real post? How?

It's a matter of probabilities. What are the odds of finding 20-30 raers/semi-raers EVERY SINGLE weekend? None. And when you run out of funk/soul/jazz records you start to look to your New Wave shelf and say: WTF, these are next...

FAKE FINDS POSTS

It's a matter of probabilities. What are the odds of finding 20-30 raers/semi-raers EVERY SINGLE weekend? None. And when you run out of funk/soul/jazz records you start to look to your New Wave shelf and say: WTF, these are next...

FAKE FINDS POSTS

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Oh, and don't forget always to pay $0.01 per record. C'mon! Make it $3 or $4, you would still be the king of finds.

FAKE FINDS POSTS

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    what about all the 'hello I found these & they are all for sale' posts??

Hot or Not???

Hot or Not???

right - in the weekend finds even.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

"oh, and Cymande is a double, so holler at me, boyz"

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Pay RAJ to post in classifieds and getthefuckoutofhere!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I never get sick of looking at 5th Dimension, Lou Rawls and Grover Washington records.

Or ebay latin "digs".

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Or ebay latin "digs".

I hate those pics with the little camera in the right bottom angle!! Straight outta the 'bay, y'all!

• Options
    THat "Eastern Memphis" is hot shit, A****. Love that tune.

K.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    VERY HOT.

PROS:

I like looking at pictures of records.

it's good for tracking trends - dante mentions terry reid & presto, look what appears in lil dudes finds...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I know there are headz on here that hatt on them,
    but I'm a big fan of the finds posts.

I also realize I'm probably one of the ones you're hatting on -
    I tend to post every record I get, but I just enjoy it.
    I enjoy seeing what other people dig up, raers or commons that they like,
    and I enjoy sharing my ish with the people who wanna see it.
    I realize there's a certain masturbatory quality to posting flix of every piece
    of wax that passes through my hands, and my commenting may border
    on bloggerism, but I am only trying to return the favor of all
    those who post up records I have either never seen or always see but
    never knew the deal on - I don't make want lists based on people's
    find posts, but I have learned about a lot of interesting records from
    them - and like others have said, I just like looking at records!

The fact that they are usually the most popular & viewed posts should
    indicate their relevance to the site, I would think...

• Regular weekend finds post - not.
    Spectacular weekend finds post - hot.

I hardly read them anymore. I posted once or twice but it isn't worth the energy to download, resize, upload them and post them. Besides, anything unusal I find that's hot I won't share. Only thing worth sharing are known raers.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I never get sick of looking at 5th Dimension, Lou Rawls and Grover Washington records.

whose posting these? I think usually the people taking pictures of weekend/ weekday digs are posting pretty rare or in demand albums.

And if your puttig up fake finds to impres internet peoples than you need more self confidence.

all my finds are 100% weekend fresh moder

• Some people read the Wall Street Journal to see how vinyl futures are doing. I disagree with that publication's politics so I look at the weekend finds posts instead.

Some people read the Wall Street Journal to see how vinyl futures are doing. I disagree with that publication's politics so I look at the weekend finds posts instead.

does that mean you skip rockadelics finds???

---

• i like them. i like seeing pictures and lists of records. I've also gotten some sweet stuff by PM'ing people who say "this is for trade" etc.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I like find posts that have comments/reviews and pics; they're a nice information source about records & whatnot.

Otherwise, posters of long lists with nothing but artist/band & record names and prices should

Peace