Ghostface don't respect the local black experience

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.3902"At a recent show featuring Wu legends Ghostface and (Raekwon) , Ghostdini lashed out at D4L calling their music bullshit and telling fans to quit supporting such bullshit. They added insult to injury when Rae did the Laffy Taffy dance in the background while the song played???"here is the videohttp://blogs.sohh.com/atlanta/archives/2006/02/post_33.html

Comments

• DISCONNECTED FROM THE SNAPS

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    officially headed towards cornball

• ghost is just trying to help, man. he cares about us.

• ghost's stage show looks like a mess.

• everyone ever affiliated with the Wu's stage show looks like a mess.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    everyone ever affiliated with the Wu's stage show looks like a mess.

so very true. Back when LA used to have Unity shows I went to go see Killah Priest, Sunz of Man, & ODB. shit was awful. ODB didn't even make it out to the stage (apparently he was shot a few ours prior in Brooklyn.

It was funny when Killah Priest went on a tirade and spit out lines like "ODB been shot. This ain't funny no more, this like the too damn many time its happened".

• everyone ever affiliated with the Wu's stage show looks like a mess.

When Ghost was in Finland with Theodore Unit they put on a decent show, which fetured some nice synchronized dancing and poorly harmonized singing.

If my grandma saw that she would see:

"yo, what's up with this fake shit! Show em what I'm talkin about:
    Boom boom bap boom boom bap"

"Fuck that shit! Put on that real shit!:
    Boom baboom bap boom baboom bap"

• If my grandma saw that she would see:

"yo, what's up with this fake shit! Show em what I'm talkin about:
    Boom boom bap boom boom bap"

"Fuck that shit! Put on that real shit!:
    Boom baboom bap boom baboom bap"

LOL

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    he's on a crusade for the realness - here's footage from another recent performance:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tKnbF_hZfs&search=old%20school%20hip%20hop

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Anyway it goes, that D4L shit is fucking corny.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yes, but I still enjoy dude busting the "SHOE WIPE" in every video he's in.

perhaps k-swiss or lugz can work him into their new campaigns. Make it happen prease....

"old school people pat ya feet"

Connect yourself to my local southern Black experience. You too, Day.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I am so....

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Cashless, I've got a lot of respect for you, and I agree with alot of what you have to say, but honestly, I just think that particular group sounds like a bunch of retarted dudes got hold of a speak and spell and made "Whoomp There It Is 2005". It has ZERO to do with your local Black experience. It has EVERYTHING to do with their music being corny. Cats can't even stay on beat with their raps! If co-signing this shit means "keeping it real", I guess I'm a fake ass dude then.
    I know these dudes don't represent The South with this candy stuff!

AOL IS FEELIN' IT THO!

"What Is 'Laffy Taffy'?" = "White Ladies, what are your kids listening to?"

• My friend in Atlanta knows D4L and even they said they were just fucking around making a party track and it hit... They were just as surprised as anyone else when it did become popular, cause they have been in the music game for a minute and had tried a number of different styles to try and get a deal.

Local black experience, no. Party track? Hell yes.

D4L = 95 South of 2005/6

• dayday 9,611 Posts

D4L = 95 South of 2005/6

It's just that simple. I wish dudes would stop championing bubble gum shit for more than it is: making bitches dance (sorry ladies). Plain and simple. And we all know that takes more luck than talent to do ("My Humps", anyone?).

CHeck this out.

Ghostface has beats done by Doom.

Doom was in KMD.

KMD had a verse on The Gas Face.

The Gas Face was produced by prince paul.

Prince Paul was part of De La Soul.

ATCQ was on the De La track Buddy.

Busta Rhymes was on the ATCQ track "Scenario".

Busta Rhymes was on the Laffy Taffy Remix!!!

I've always wanted to do one of those seperation things!

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    CHeck this out.

Busta Rhymes was on the Wu Tang track "The Monument".

Busta Rhymes was on the Laffy Taffy Remix!!!

who didn't make a song with Busta ?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I finally got around to watching the Ghostface live DVD last night... during the intro he yells THIS THAT REAL SCHITT

I wonder if he's been talking to Phill.... ?

• nope, no need to talk to Phill. If you know you know, if you don't well then...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    nope, no need to talk to Phill. If you know you know, if you don't well then...

You guys are funny

Does this mean that even though I was WATCHING the Ghost DVD I don't understand or appreciate the so-called REAL SCHITT?

• It's not something that can be taught, its instinctual.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

D4L = 95 South of 2005/6

It's just that simple. I wish dudes would stop championing bubble gum shit for more than it is: making bitches dance (sorry ladies). Plain and simple. And we all know that takes more luck than talent to do ("My Humps", anyone?).

this is about it right here. i cant listen to laffy taffy at all. just cant get into it.

but drop that shit at a party or the club?? forget about it. people seem to love this shit. even people i would not expect to love this shit. goes to show what alcohol can do as far as impairing your judgement.

betcha cant do it like me sounds almost exactly like laffy taffy too. funny. i think i like that one a little better, though.

anybody heard dem franchise boys D4L diss? i only have a really shitty mp3 of it but its kinda funny.

anybody heard dem franchise boys D4L diss? i only have a really shitty mp3 of it but its kinda funny.

All the snap shit has disses in it. D4L dissinf Franchise dissing Trap Squad dissing D4L dissing...

• meshmesh 925 Posts

All the snap shit has disses in it. D4L dissinf Franchise dissing Trap Squad dissing D4L dissing...

the one i am talking about is specifically titled "fuck d4l."

but yeah, i guess they do diss the shit out of each other all the time.

Cashless, I've got a lot of respect for you, and I agree with alot of what you have to say, but honestly, I just think that particular group sounds like a bunch of retarted dudes got hold of a speak and spell and made "Whoomp There It Is 2005". It has ZERO to do with your local Black experience. It has EVERYTHING to do with their music being corny. Cats can't even stay on beat with their raps! If co-signing this shit means "keeping it real", I guess I'm a fake ass dude then.

You read too much into it. Day, you know how it is. Everything has it's place. If you woulda see the reaction to Laffy Taffy/Betcha can't do it like me/Lean wit it, rock wit it at any of the local Black clubs here, you might get a different perspective of it. Snap music is a lot like bounce music, in that it serves one purpose, regardless of wackness. The dopeness of these tracks is the reaction that they spur in a party setting and what people want out of these songs when they listen to them outside of the club setting is the feeling that they had in the club when they rocked out to it the weekend before.

It's just party music, plain and simple. What I meant about my local southern Black experience is that I'm not sure that outside of Black clubs in the south that the reaction is the same.

• nope, no need to talk to Phill. If you know you know, if you don't well then...

You guys are funny

Does this mean that even though I was WATCHING the Ghost DVD I don't understand or appreciate the so-called REAL SCHITT?

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THEN OBVIOUSLY THAT IS INDEED WHAT IT MEANS

• yes, but I still enjoy dude busting the "SHOE WIPE" in every video he's in.

You read too much into it. Day, you know how it is. Everything has it's place. If you woulda see the reaction to Laffy Taffy/Betcha can't do it like me/Lean wit it, rock wit it at any of the local Black clubs here, you might get a different perspective of it. Snap music is a lot like bounce music, in that it serves one purpose, regardless of wackness. The dopeness of these tracks is the reaction that they spur in a party setting and what people want out of these songs when they listen to them outside of the club setting is the feeling that they had in the club when they rocked out to it the weekend before.

It's just party music, plain and simple. What I meant about my local southern Black experience is that I'm not sure that outside of Black clubs in the south that the reaction is the same.

At least with Laffy Taffy it is, it's gone way past being any kind of regional hit, and actually at this point may be more Pop than anything else.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    jussayin

The pride and joy of Lufkin, TX.