Lack of women in record mafia

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    when you meet a girl into good music or similar tastes, chances are she's only heard of it because her last boyfriend turned her onto it.

watch your step, kid.

i thought your location said: BE A MAN... let's not go against the grain here.

Being a man means properly respecting women

This thread has now entered dangerous territory. We've actually got a few regular posters who are women now... they've been scared off before, don't do it again

The ones left are TOUGH though. I'd be scared.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    whatever... i never dissed women... if you wanna bug someone go bug that guy that said that women cant wear them or theyre too busy having sex... rather than trying to play superhero and attempt to impress the few females here with your overly courteous ways.

Shut it

So you're denying that you spend all this time on SoulStrut primarily looking for opportunities to impress women?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Yep. I can only think of three off the top of my head though...

• whatever... i never dissed women... if you wanna bug someone go bug that guy that said that women cant wear them or theyre too busy having sex... rather than trying to play superhero and attempt to impress the few females here with your overly courteous ways.

Shut it

So you're denying that you spend all this time on SoulStrut primarily looking for opportunities to impress women?

i know, right... i mean, seriously... you can find more girls into music working at Amoeba than you can on this entire board. and it has nothing to do with us "scaring them off"... girls are more afraid of guys who start fights than they are by honesty.

• My goodness, this thread has taught me so much more about women than all of my 36 years of knowing them in real life. Please, more education and knowledge gems!

• I'll let crossings and Olski PRACTICE for a week and then watch my wife (who has been DJing for one year longer than I have) totally destroy you with a set she threw together in between studying for her PhD.

You guys are lookin' real pathetic right now.

whatever... i never dissed women... if you wanna bug someone go bug that guy that said that women cant wear them or theyre too busy having sex... rather than trying to play superhero and attempt to impress the few females here with your overly courteous ways.

Shut it

i know, right... i mean, seriously... you can find more girls into music working at Amoeba than you can on this entire board. and it has nothing to do with us "scaring them off"... girls are more afraid of guys who start fights than they are by honesty.

Thank you for cosigning me... I do, however, feel obligated to disclose the fact that I was actually clowning you.

• I'll let crossings and Olski PRACTICE for a week and then watch my wife (who has been DJing for one year longer than I have) totally destroy you with a set she threw together in between studying for her PhD.

For real. Plus, the only records Ross knows are the ones Neta tells him about.

knowledge germs!

• its the baseball card impulse...boys grow up with it.

(i've been kicking around the essay for years about how baseball cards had a bigger affect on my life than anything else. the way I learn, my ability to retain facts, my penchant for collecting, how that gives me a sense of friends/community, etc.)
    My husband and I both have the collecting gene. He still has his childhood baseball card collection, and I have records. Records make a lot more sense to me than baseball cards because we both enjoy my records, but it's not like we sit around looking at his baseball cards. Still, I understand it because it comes from a sense of respect for the game and desire to preserve a piece of history. And who knows, maybe someday we'll have kids who appreciate that we've saved all this crap. And maybe they'll dump it all in the trash after they've dropped us off at the retirement home. Little brats.

• Thank you for cosigning me... I do, however, feel obligated to disclose the fact that I was actually clowning you.

SARCASM METERS ON BLAST

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yep. I can only think of three off the top of my head though...

ms.hotdamn, coselmed, Stef, Anna, anasarcasm, DJNeta (though I think she's moved on), LadyDay, JustAlice, missnelch and missruckus - i wish both of them would post more than just in Announcements, and of course...freakytracy, who i also wish would post more than just in Announcements (who, know that i think of it, might just be a 19 yr old dude who runs their website ).

i hope i didn't miss anyone.

• was it really THAT INSULTING??? if so, why dont i see any of these girls getting offended???

you're sounding like single dads right about now.

why dont i see any of these girls getting offended???

dude - speaking for myself, i just can't be bothered. you know how it is, pick your battles and all.

and of course...freakytracy

freakytracy, who i also wish would post more than just in Announcements

I'm pretty sure this is a dude but, regardless, it should definitely post more.

freakytracy, who i also wish would post more than just in Announcements

I'm pretty sure this is a dude but, regardless, it should definitely post more.

Please... the respectful term is "he/she".

• thank you, missbassie... you just proved my point... you're not offended.

besides, i already said it's obvious that girls here have their own tastes in music and know about digging... i dunno why they feel the need to step up for a bunch of girls that not even the females here could relate with.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    was it really THAT INSULTING??? if so, why dont i see any of these girls getting offended???

Something tells me there's more than one reason why you're not seeing any girls.

I can't front, though: "you're sounding like single dads right about now," is the best thing I've read all day, and I don't even know what that shit means.

you're sounding like single dads right about now.

I know you wouldn't say that to my face--I would bust you over the head with my empathic simulated male nursing shoulder harness.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I'm pretty sure this is a dude

Famous last words.

• "you're sounding like single dads right about now," is the best thing I've read all day, and I don't even know what that shit means.

The best thing I read today was from DigDug (while he was taking a break from trying to impress girls on Soulstrut) when he was describing a musical group to me:

These guys look like they should be in a band whose name is a complete sentence.

• i have a girlfriend... had you guys not gotten stuck on the first sentence, you woulda read that... i share records with her all the time... and she's always grateful for that... and she doesnt hesitate to admit that girls do not tend to be as good at that sorta thing.

but apparently i'm too busy disrepecting her and beating her into a bloody pulp while i talk shit about her mom or something to make it any clearer to you all.

this is getting better and better.

I'm pretty sure this is a dude

Famous last words.

hilarious - lol.

i have a girlfriend... had you guys not gotten stuck on the first sentence, you woulda read that... i share records with her all the time... and she's always her next boyfriend is gonna be grateful for that...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The best thing I read today was from DigDug (while he was taking a break from trying to impress girls on Soulstrut) when he was describing a dancing[/b] group to me:

These guys look like they should be in a band whose name is a complete sentence.

Don't give them too much credit!

See you tomorrow night

• i have a girlfriend... had you guys not gotten stuck on the first sentence, you woulda read that... i share records with her all the time... and she's always her next boyfriend is gonna be grateful for that...

these are true words of wisdom. couldn't agree more... even though you wish i wouldn't.

• Why? The only locals that I know are girlfriends/wifeys of record dudes, and it's more like an "assistant" thing.

Is this a MACHOS' business? Is this a global phenomenon? Why the absence of women taking a leading role in this putrefact field?

Theories, plaese

Give us time, it's all part of the takeover plan.

Seriously, I came close last year to making an offer on a local spot to save it from closing, but I had 2 days to decide and I just couldn't do it. I don't have the money to take on that kind of risk right now.

• was it really THAT INSULTING??? if so, why dont i see any of these girls getting offended???

Something tells me there's more than one reason why you're not seeing any girls.

I can't front, though: "you're sounding like single dads right about now," is the best thing I've read all day, and I don't even know what that shit means.

Ahem.

• fuck man. they took 35% of the fat out of them fuckers? as if it couldnt get any nastier.