Sh*tt*est Mix Tape EVAR on BLAST

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
OK, sorry - didn't mean to get you too excited. This is not a thread about bad mixes that Strutters have sent you and now you're calling them out. (Although that would be intersting...)But this video is pretty funny:http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1613494/Feel hiz payne.

Comments

• You know, I was sent this a few months back, and it started a serious debate. Was that mixtape really shitty enough? I mean, I know it was *lame*. But, was it really that shitty? Don't you think you could come up with a few tepid terds that would be more embarassing? Maybe not as well known, but worse?

Like I said, it started a serious debate, with half my friends agreeing with the tactic taken in the video, and the other half arguing for more obscure/unlistenable choices.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    You know, I was sent this a few months back, and it started a serious debate. Was that mixtape really shitty enough?

So you're saying this thread has the potential to be a 5 pager?

Let's set it off, now taking suggestions to making the sh*tt*est mix tape evar!

What are we talking? Right Said Fred? Some NKOTB? What else would you all say must be on there?

• You know, I was sent this a few months back, and it started a serious debate. Was that mixtape really shitty enough?

What are we talking? Right Said Fred? Some NKOTB? What else would you all say must be on there?

Vitamin live at the bar b que.

• ha ha ha...

but... ha ha ha even more to the WTF?....'accidental head up an elephants arse' video... ha ha ha

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/23087/

those sites are dangerous

• You know, I was sent this a few months back, and it started a serious debate. Was that mixtape really shitty enough?

Well, we were drinking at the time. That helped fuel the fire...so, maybe we can go 3 pages.
    I'll start:
    NKOTB isn't bad...definitely some of the bad 70s lite-rock. You know, like sub-"Afternoon Delight". "My Humps," could make the cut, as would Billy Joel's reggae version of 'Only the Good Die Young,' (I insist on this). I'd keep the Paula Cole, but for metal, I'd look more some real hecher-speed freak nonsense. Maybe some deep album cuts from the guy who did "Lady in Red". Some Eric Clapton...The Eagles.

You could do a whole subsection of 70s one name bands: boston, chicago, styx, journey, kansas, foreigner...

Just some ideas to get it started...

• it was the same link

• the worst mixtape of all time should include:

* John Miles "Music"

* Bill Joel - that long terd starting off w/ helicopters

* Queen - who wants to live forever?

and last but not least

* the song released by the dude who played David Hasselhoff's son in Baywatch ("Hobie Hobie Hobie", anyone?)

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Those are some good suggestions. We should also take into account, as I believe the video did, the sheer embarassment factor. So, think along the lines of the Boom Box in Central Park or crusing at less than 10 MPH with the top down trying to pick up ladies.

• Those are some good suggestions. We should also take into account, as I believe the video did, the sheer embarassment factor. So, think along the lines of the Boom Box in Central Park or crusing at less than 10 MPH with the top down trying to pick up ladies.

This is the strongest argument for going the lame route...Paula Cole may not be the *worst* song ever recorded, but when strutting around Central Park on a spring day, it is definitely the most embarassing. I think the mix needs a good balance between this, and the unlistenable.

• I think in this situation where you have to go out and play the CD in front of people, the goal has to be "known" bad songs... There are alot more that could be chosen, but those 5 on that clip were pretty bad.

Also that Paula Cole has gotta be one of the worst ever... And sadly this news station here in LA has been playing that "Come My Lady" trash as their outro for the last week every morning.

• I think in this situation where you have to go out and play the CD in front of people, the goal has to be "known" bad songs... There are alot more that could be chosen, but those 5 on that clip were pretty bad.

Also that Paula Cole has gotta be one of the worst ever... And sadly this news station here in LA has been playing that "Come My Lady" trash as their outro for the last week every morning.

Yeah, for the public, "known" is essential. But you could do much better. People still bump those songs. For some reason.

He could've played some Hammer or Shaq or something. Marky Mark? Maybe something off Simpsons Sing the Blues...

• you would not be that hard pressed to find a station here playing all of those songs within an hour...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    the worst mixtape of all time should include:

* John Miles "Music"

* Bill Joel - that long terd starting off w/ helicopters

* Queen - who wants to live forever?

and last but not least

* the song released by the dude who played David Hasselhoff's son in Baywatch ("Hobie Hobie Hobie", anyone?)

Laffy Taffy

Who Let The Dogs Out

• Those are some good suggestions. We should also take into account, as I believe the video did, the sheer embarassment factor. So, think along the lines of the Boom Box in Central Park or crusing at less than 10 MPH with the top down trying to pick up ladies.

This is the strongest argument for going the lame route...Paula Cole may not be the *worst* song ever recorded, but when strutting around Central Park on a spring day, it is definitely the most embarassing. I think the mix needs a good balance between this, and the unlistenable.

Yeah, this was all about embarassing songs, not really the worst. The whole schtick was what would make the other person look like the biggest tool. The best way to tap into that is picking songs that have a historical association with being uncool, not some tepid funk that would be unknown. (Not to mention that half the people in Washington Sq. Park would like).

I'm friendly with the two guys that did this and both of them filled their tapes with horrible, but once widely popular songs. The songs they picked were all probably once on those Now That's What I Call Music cds. I know Aziz, the guy with the box that lost the competition, had that dance mix of "Cotton Eyed Joe" on his tape and a bunch of other inane known shit.

At least they didn't do the 'bumpin gangsta music' in Harlem thing...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

i haven't laughed this hard all week

• Europe - "The Final Countdown"

I found it the other day on 12" single.

Jelous much?

• i haven't laughed this hard all week

I really dont think that tape could have gotten too much worse.

Those dudes were commited to that contest.

Props.