Hi

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
How's everybody doing tonight?So many folks on, sayin' nothing! What's goin' on?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    bored out of my fucking mind at work and blasting some eightball and mjg until some old people come in and complain

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    bored out of my fucking mind at work and blasting some eightball and mjg until some old people come in and complain

FIGHT THE POWER!

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    hello

i'm working at the studio right now. scrolling for interesting threads on soulstrut...not finding much! but this one caught my eye

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i work at an internet cafe and there's no one in right now so it's not that bad. i'm thinking about closing up and taking a nap on the couch right now

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Cool ya'llz...I'm sitting here watching the Pacers while trying to digest the fact that my graduate schooling is finally over.

I don't think it'll hit me until I wake up in the morning and realize I can go digging stress-free tomorrow. I honestly haven't been out to look in weeks.

i work at an internet cafe and there's no one in right now so it's not that bad. i'm thinking about closing up and taking a nap on the couch right now

Hey Brian, you ever caught any old dudes peeping at nekked babes on one of your computers??

Is there a house policy on that?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Whats up Drew, Did I tell you that I went back to that store and the big-box-o-records was gone? Well it is but I think I saw a white label promo Denise Williams "Free" so I have to go back and get it and sell it on eBay for enough dough to get my front bumper fixed! Anyway, I met someone from Dtroit who told me thar Detroit people are all about flexing thier gator shoes and flossing they cars...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    what up Drew Neezy? im not doin too much man. just sittin listenin to Bobby Vinton-Blue Velvet. nawmean? holla at me soon man

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    there's always people doing that shit. we have some cubicle shit setup so dudes are pretty free with it. i don't really care as long as they pay for their shit and aren't scaring people away. if i see anyone looking at some child shit or getting a bit too free with themselves, im calling the cops.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I usually keep my browser set to the strut even when I'm out of the house or in the kitchen making dinner so it may seem like I'm alway on here but that's not the reality of it. How ya' doing drew? Please track me down a "People...Hold On"

Whats up Drew, Did I tell you that I went back to that store and the big-box-o-records was gone? Well it is but I think I saw a white label promo Denise Williams "Free" so I have to go back and get it and sell it on eBay for enough dough to get my front bumper fixed!

GONE? Man, did we ever figure out how long ago it was there in the first place? I knew it wouldn't sit for as long as we waited. Oh well...I'm free all the time now, so keep your eyes peeled for more local digging adventures.

Anyway, I met someone from Dtroit who told me thar Detroit people are all about flexing thier gator shoes and flossing they cars...

He's got all of that right, but it looks like he forgot to tell you about the matching outfits. It's like an unofficial fad that you have to rock the same colors as your lady or whatever downtown at Hart Plaza in the dead heat of summer. Never seen that in any other city. I wish I could find a good enough picture, it's really something else to see.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Anyway, I met someone from Dtroit who told me thar Detroit people are all about flexing thier gator shoes and flossing they cars...

He's got all of that right, but it looks like he forgot to tell you about the matching outfits. It's like an unofficial fad that you have to rock the same colors as your lady or whatever downtown at Hart Plaza in the dead heat of summer. Never seen that in any other city. I wish I could find a good enough picture, it's really something else to see.

She was also telling me about the marina thing, people pull up in boats to go to the movies? whoa...

What's doin', T? I'll keep an eye out for you, even Mack knows that I keep a mental wanlist of shit other people are looking out for. Yours just got added.

about to watch the western conference game 1 semi and work on a logo

She was also telling me about the marina thing, people pull up in boats to go to the movies? whoa...

Wow, movies? Concerts, for sure. Chene Park is downtown right on the river. Many times I've seen a crew of folks behind the stage on boats kickin' back with a full cooler groovin' acquatic to Roy Ayers or Parliament/Funkadelic. Damn, those were such great shows!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

MARINA ROCK ALERT!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Grafwritah's .gif avatar dealy-ma-bob makes me think of requiem for a dream...that movie made me have that "not so fresh" feeling all over...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I have a cold.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I have a cold.

i'm listening to the other side of the Caprells 45, and I feel as if I'm upside down.

i think I need to post this one...(...)

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I have a cold.

i'm listening to the other side of the Caprells 45, and I feel as if I'm upside down.

Could you yousendit some Nyquil??? to me instead?

• I have a cold.

Walk on by? Just got that shit recently.

Shup Drew...I'm a lil faded. Watched Detroit dismantle the Pacers earlier. Very satisfying for me

• I have a cold.

I'm pretty worthless this evening, to tired to get anything done. Too awake to go lay down. bleh

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'm pretty worthless this evening, to tired to get anything done. Too awake to go lay down. bleh

sounds like it's time to drink by yourself...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I usually keep my browser set to the strut even when I'm out of the house or in the kitchen making dinner so it may seem like I'm alway on here but that's not the reality of it. How ya' doing drew? Please track me down a "People...Hold On"

you need one? talk to me and i'll explain.

drew- are you rooting for the Pacers? what's all about. i certainly hope you aren't defecting. Both games were incredibly boring tonight.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just got home from playing my pick-up ice hockey game, like every Monday night...90 minutes of sweatin', swearin' and swingin' sticks...Now to take a long hot shower and spark that L...no herb session is more satisfying than the 2 AM post-hockey ritual...ahhhhhh...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Gettin' my job search/research on (this is quite rare for me, cuz usually after dinner, i like to get LAZY AS HELL). listenin' to blazing downtempo pick of the moment: dj krush- zen. ignorin' the NBA playoffs altogether, cuz i gots no cable. waitin' til ABC shows the Finals.

drew- are you rooting for the Pacers? what's all about. i certainly hope you aren't defecting. Both games were incredibly boring tonight.

Rooting for the Pacers? No waaaay man!

The is for enjoying watching them get embarassed by our boys, straight out the gate.

Cm'on Ar*, you know better!!

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Man, you think the "matching outfits" thing is unique to Detroit? Try the entire Southeastern United States! Chicago, too. When I go back to Savannah, I feel like I'm in a fashion time warp...That's a certified 'hood classic, straight up.

I can't seem to find the Sears photo taken in matching striped Polo shirts, though...The whole phenomenon is probably just a survival from the Continent:

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

Rooting for the Pacers? No waaaay man!

The is for enjoying watching them get embarassed by our boys, straight out the gate.

Cm'on Ar*, you know better!!

you're right. i noticed ben wallace as your avatar only now. sorry, man. just wanted to make sure an intervention wasn't necessary.