Busta should snitch

SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
The Cam'ron vs pedophiles topic showed me that strutters all have different (and suprising) moral values. So i was wondering what some of you may think of Busta Rhymes decision to keep his mouth shut regarding the muder of his "friend" and bodyguard last week.The guy died saving Busta's life, yet the rapper has made it clear that he doesn't want to talk to the police. Is he trying to get some street credibility or what ?

Comments

• Does anyone have a link to this story. What happend?

• Dude with three kids dies becuase Yayo and Swizz have beef .

• I found this pretty deplorable.
    As you said, this dude was his bodyguard. The least he could do is be a man & respect the dudes death & speak up. It's a bit of a cunt act to not do anything about it.

He apparently even had his PA ring the deceased's family on his behalf. Pretty low...

So was it Yayo pissed off at Swizz because of him working with Cassidy. Didn't Yayo jump into a car with his mates & drive off immediately after it happened?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    maybe things are being "handled" in a different way

• maybe things are being "handled" in a different way

Thats great maybe another body guard can get killed.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Hey, I have an idea!

How about a bunch of folks that have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on weigh-in on Busta's moral obligation to talk to the police about this situation.

Oh wait, you guys read the omni-credible NY Post article. My bad.

On with the judgments!

-e

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    maybe things are being "handled" in a different way

Do you think Ramirez' family wants to see the murder arrested and be judged, or they want a hit man go and kill him and throw his body in the Hudson ?

• ^^ I'm sure that's exactly what the Ramirez family wants...
    It happened right in front of him (apparently). Spineless.
    How could he look at the dude's mother in the eyes?

But yes, none of us were there. Point noted.

• maybe things are being "handled" in a different way

Somehow I doubt that very much.
    A friend of mine was shot in the back and killed trying to break up a fight in front of over 100 witnesses.
    Everyone saw who pulled the trigger. Nobody cooperated with the Police.
    If people would've "handled" it in another way, then that would've been that.
    But it's been over 10 years now and money is still walking the streets like nothing ever happened.
    There's a lot of people I'll never speak to again because of what happened and what subsequently didn't happen.
    Pussy motherfuckers who talk that "stop snitching" bullshit but won't man up when it comes to doing anything else about it either.
    There's a whole contingent of the community that's lost in my eyes because of this kind of behavior and I doubt that the Busta situation will be any different.
    And people wonder why their communities are the way they are.

• Busta's probably freaking right now and afraid for his life. Hopefully justice will be served, preferably the legal kind.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this shit happened in my neighborhood. when i drove by that night, i didnt know what was going on, but saw it on the news the next morning.

all i'm gonna say is whether he saw it or not, busta got a bougey lifestyle. (nyers seen that new penthouse he bought off the williamsburg bridge.) hell if he's gonna risk that for someone elses beef.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    While I respect the fact that he enjoys his right to remain silent, I'm confused when I see people wearing Stop Snitchin t shirt, and at the same time complaining that the police allegedly doesn't try to solve the murder of Jam Master Jay (or Biggie or 2 Pac or Big L...).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The Cam'ron vs pedophiles topic showed me that strutters all have different (and suprising) moral values. So i was wondering what some of you may think of Busta Rhymes decision to keep his mouth shut regarding the muder of his "friend" and bodyguard last week.

The guy died saving Busta's life, yet the rapper has made it clear that he doesn't want to talk to the police. Is he trying to get some street credibility or what ?

1. Where did you get the idea that Busta knows anything from?

2. Where did you get the idea that Ramirez "died saving Busta's life from"?

3. Why are you even trying to speak on something you clearly know nothing about?

While I respect the fact that he enjoys his right to remain silent, I'm confused when I see people wearing Stop Snitchin t shirt, and at the same time complaining that the police allegedly doesn't try to solve the murder of Jam Master Jay (or Biggie or 2 Pac or Big L...).

No offense, but you've got to be European or something...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Cam'ron vs pedophiles topic showed me that strutters all have different (and suprising) moral values. So i was wondering what some of you may think of Busta Rhymes decision to keep his mouth shut regarding the muder of his "friend" and bodyguard last week.

The guy died saving Busta's life, yet the rapper has made it clear that he doesn't want to talk to the police. Is he trying to get some street credibility or what ?

3. Why are you even trying to speak on something you clearly know nothing about?

Media outlets BESIDES the Post have reported that both Busta and Yayo have, so far, 'declined' to speak with the police about the incident. Ramirez was shot in front of several witnesses, including - allegedly Busta.

Ramirez didn't jump in front of a bullet or anything. He MAY have tried to grab the gun of the shooter, in an attempt to disarm him (Ramirez was unarmed) and then got shot in the struggle. If the Yayo/Swizz argument thesis has any merit, none of this shit involved either Busta or Ramirez in a direct way but Ramirez may have felt the need to intervene when guns were pulled and Busta was present.

That's hella funny.

Speaking of '40:

is this a thizz face?

Media outlets BESIDES the Post have reported that both Busta and Yayo have, so far, 'declined' to speak with the police about the incident. Ramirez was shot in front of several witnesses, including - allegedly Busta.

Ramirez didn't jump in front of a bullet or anything. He MAY have tried to grab the gun of the shooter, in an attempt to disarm him (Ramirez was unarmed) and then got shot in the struggle. If the Yayo/Swizz argument thesis has any merit, none of this shit involved either Busta or Ramirez in a direct way but Ramirez may have felt the need to intervene when guns were pulled and Busta was present.

I'm sorry Oliver, but none of this changes anything. Are you naive enough to believe a single word of what you read in the press--in the Post or elsewhere--involving rappers and guns, or that the police have a fucking clue as to what went down?

I repeat: nobody on SoulStrut knows anything about what happened and everybody on SoulStrut needs to just shut their mouths about it.

• I think that's just a smile.

I want to know what happened the quarter that 40 just got an "F" in snitching, rather than an "F-"...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im sure busta cares. But Im also sure the police are more interested in nailing a rap star for some kind of innacurate statement he gives than putting another hood dude who shot somebody in jail.

Look what they put lil kim in jail for! I wouldnt talk to police either. And It wouldnt have anything to do with street credibility either, just simple precaution around those pigs.

I repeat: nobody on SoulStrut knows anything about what happened and everybody on SoulStrut needs to just shut their mouths about it.

Does this apply to news in general? Or just news about rappers? I'm not being facetious, I'm just trying to clarify what your stance is.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

I want to know what happened the quarter that 40 just got an "F" in snitching, rather than an "F-"...

I like his middle name.

-e

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

I did not say that.

Amelin Fernandez, Ramirez' wife, told the New York Daily News that Ramirez and another bodyguard for Busta Rhymes was shielding the rapper when the gunman opened fire at someone behind the three men.

But then again, may be she's lying, may be the New York Daily News is wrong, and, who knows, may be there never was any shooting. It has to be a set up organized by the NYPD to ruin the career of Busta Rhymes

Because that's what people do on Soul Strut.

Does this apply to news in general? Or just news about rappers? I'm not being facetious, I'm just trying to clarify what your stance is.

News about rappers and guns... or rappers and criminal activity. Don't be cute with me.

As with all information, one must consider the source and when it comes to this type of information, I don't really know of any credible sources... certainly not the NYPD, the Post, MTV or allhiphop.

We are talking about the same NYPD whose initial explanation for the JMJ shooting was that it was a message to 50 and the same NY press that ate up and disseminated the story.

But then again, may be she's lying, may be the New York Daily News is wrong, and, who knows, may be there never was any shooting. It has to be a set up organized by the NYPD to ruin the career of Busta Rhymes

Again, where are you from that you think such a scenario is so outlandish?

That the Post and the Daily News don't stay in business by demonizing people of color? That the NYPD doesn't target rappers?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That the NYPD doesn't target rappers?

Do they still have a 'rap music task force' that analyzes the lyrics of songs and investigates potential crimes based on them?

• But then again, may be she's lying, may be the New York Daily News is wrong, and, who knows, may be there never was any shooting. It has to be a set up organized by the NYPD to ruin the career of Busta Rhymes

Again, where are you from that you think such a scenario is so outlandish?

That the Post and the Daily News don't stay in business by demonizing people of color? That the NYPD doesn't target rappers?

so you're allowed to wildly speculate but others aren't huh?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    omg