3-6 Mafia "Stay Fly"

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things, but this went Top 40 in the UK pop charts last week. Just to restore some of the preconceptions many of you may hold about the UK charts, Leo Sayer's had the #1 record for the last fortnight.

Ha... I'm sorry that I implied you guys were a bunch of headwrap-rocking incense-sniffers earlier this week...

the soulstrut factor is mad crazy in the UK.

Young Phonics = secretly British

I heard you speak gay-lick.

Don't be a ponce.

don't get your L.V. knickers in a bunch, mate.

Cheers.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    How Can you not like this song? I mean, its a little played out at this point, but its still the shit. Whats an air scratch?

picture this without the tables:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    No violin

Not slow

Mack is feelin

Go 'head and download

reallllllllly? I might have to download and take a listen tonight if I have time.

Is this 666 mafia? Do they have a "worship satan" schtick going on? Because I've been wondering if rap would ever do that...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    reallllllllly? I might have to download and take a listen tonight if I have time.

Is this 666 mafia? Do they have a "worship satan" schtick going on? Because I've been wondering if rap would ever do that...
    just download that shit
    you'll at least like the beat

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I wanna see a video...

http://www.muvids.com/three_6_mafia_videos/poppin_my_collar.html
    New Project Pat verse?!?

Kanyeezy cosigning???

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    yes they do and im pretty sure there are violins.

You're right, there's a whole string section (albeit sped up to the point where its almost unrecognizable)

He was confusing it with Still Tippin though, thats the clarification I was making

No violin

Not slow

Mack is feelin

Go 'head and download

yes they do and im pretty sure there are violins.

well, wherever there is satan there is sure to be violins!

And usually a choir too, but that usually depends on Satan's mood.

speaking of that other song with a violin, Rossinni was known to be a lazy fuck who would do shit at the last minute. If he was working on an Opera and ran out of time, he would just grab shit from his old operas and put it in the new one. He would not however wait for that part during the performance and then yell "REEEEEEMIIIIIXXXX!!!!"

That was more of a Liszt move.

• stay fly IS slow no?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    60something BPM off the top of my head.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    stay fly IS slow no?

Not if you nod to it in doubleXtime.

jesus christ that is slow. double it up and its 120 bpm which I would hardly call fast. more of a "mildly uptempo".

• stay fly IS slow no?

Not if you nod to it in doubleXtime.

• 60something BPM off the top of my head.

ACTUALLY it's 130. That's why it's kinda hard to play out, if it was 10 BPM's slower or 10 BPMS faster it would work in southern sets. Maybe I'm just a mark-ass deejay or something.

• the moral of the story is Three 6 Mafia + Willie Hutch = "Stay Fly" was my favorite song of last year.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

ACTUALLY it's 130. That's why it's kinda hard to play out, if it was 10 BPM's slower or 10 BPMS faster it would work in southern sets. Maybe I'm just a mark-ass deejay or something.

yes! anna picked this up yesterday and i was fucking around with the accapulco. the only thing within the 10 mins i was getting busy i could find to sound fresh was this rehash 45 down tempo joint. it was sounding good for a moment, but it's the edited accpaulco.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    the moral of the story is Three 6 Mafia + Willie Hutch = "Stay Fly" was my favorite[/b] song of last year.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the moral of the story is Three 6 Mafia + Willie Hutch = "Stay Fly" was the best song of last year.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Wow, I am disconnected. I just heard this song 3 days ago.

I'm lovin it though!

Say, this song is not bad. I can see why dig dug said it was fast and others said it was slow.

its hard to tell!

My only critique is that I played the whole thing and satan never once appeared in my room.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i consider this song slow. and if i dont mix out of the willie hutch OG, then i usually just drop it at the peak of a set. people pretty much always go bananas. drop in kryptonite right after it and people think you God's gift to the dance floor. i usually have to piss off a couple of people by waiting to play it. people always request that shit at like, 10:30.

and i still have a hard time believing some of you all have only just heard this song. do you guys live under a rock? i had rap groups doing their verses to this song like, last june or something.

• i consider this song slow. and if i dont mix out of the willie hutch OG, then i usually just drop it at the peak of a set. people pretty much always go bananas. drop in kryptonite right after it and people think you God's gift to the dance floor. i usually have to piss off a couple of people by waiting to play it. people always request that shit at like, 10:30.

and i still have a hard time believing some of you all have only just heard this song. do you guys live under a rock? i had rap groups doing their verses to this song like, last june or something.

It's around 60 something bpms shit is most deffinetly slow.

And cosign on the second part. How have people not heard this? I have probably heard it 25 times just from passing cars.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I finally heard this a few weeks back when I saw it appear on a lot of best of 2005 lists. Nice tune.

• how could you have possibly not heard this song before?

well, those that know me know my connection to the streets is tenuous at best.

been bumping this on my living room floor.

I am not mad at it. is it "that real schitt"? well, it's at least "that" real schitt and maybe event that real "schitt."

seriously I am feeling this. these "3-6 Mafia" guys are on to something.

thanks for the MP3!

accapulco

• man I played this shit last nite and fucked the crowd up. Then I drove B-Cause home and we just laughed all the way home to that

"DJ PAUL IS A DOG THAT YOU CAN'T TRUST/something something YOUR DRINK GET DRUNK UP!"

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Dj Paul is a dog one you do not trust, You leave your green around me nigga your green gonna get lit up, You leave your drink around me believe your drink gonna get drunk up

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I retract all previous statements, Stay Fly is that "real schitt." I heard a remix or something that sucked ass.

Tha REALNESS

since I met ya girl you been on my brain (on my brain)

solid album

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    fucked the crowd up

as in everybody went nuts or everybody looked at you like you were crazy?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Dj Paul is a dog one you do not trust, You leave your green around me nigga your green gonna get lit up, You leave your drink around me believe your drink gonna get drunk up

Zoe dog is a dog you you do not trust/ leave your lunch around her/ your lunch gonna get ate up

• Dj Paul is a dog one you do not trust, You leave your green around me nigga your green gonna get lit up, You leave your drink around me believe your drink gonna get drunk up

Zoe dog is a dog you you do not trust/ leave your lunch around her/ your lunch gonna get ate up