BREAK IN THE ROAD NOW ON SALE!

13»

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    We have sold about 75 copies (55 over the internet) 20 on the street.

Is that really all so far? If that's true, I alone account for more than 10% of online sales. Dudes, you should really pick this CD up!

I know...I need help promoting this or something. I'm not satisfied either. I love the product but don't know what else I can do. I put it in major stores in the bay area, have done radio appearances and have sent out a GANG of promo copies. I will say that there are quite a few strutters that haven't picked on up.

gNAT

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Mine arrived yesterday. One for home, one for work.

People need to step the fuck up. There are no excuses.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    Got mine a week or two ago - One for me and one as a gift.
    Really excellent stuff here!

Say Gnat - Just a suggestion, have you already tried to send a copy to Turntable Lab and Dusty Groove to see if they want to carry it?

I'm guessing either one of them might be able to help boost sales...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    OKAY, I HAVE A COUPLE EXTRA DOLLARS RIGHT NOW, I AM BUYING THIS.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    goatboy, yuichi and everone who has purchased the album: a wholehearted thank you. This piece will move, I'm just an impatient person...@ anyrate, I look forward to meeting/seeing y'all at the Release Party this Thursday @ the Madrone.

one!
    gNAT

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Thank you NAT!! just received mine yesterday. Dope!

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Alright, having Gnat send me 20 CD's for a big fundraiser myself and the suits are throwing on the 27th of March at Local 16 DC in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity to help Musicians Village movement. If you havn't heard about this dope effort spearheaded by Branford Marsalis and Harry Connick Jr. peep the link I provided. I'll also link the BITR website, so anyone that's interested can purchase the CD's online as well.

I'll be posting up more info about this event shortly. A BIG GUEST IS LINED UP, SO STAY ON THE LOOKOUT!

hollur.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    to all of you that have supported the project...extra kudos to RossHogg, B-Cause, Raw-B, and Cabal for getting the party rocking and being outstanding citizens of the world...check out the pics in the announcement section of the release party festivities...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Here's the deal folks: We've covered costs and raised some money. $2700 gross, $1700 net. Although I am a little disappointed in that I wanted to raise more $$$, I am still very pleased that the project was solvent and even made a profit. Thank you to all that contributed and copped!

I have not been able to promote the album for about two weeks due to me trying to get in the Graduate School and do not forsee this changing anytime soon. Thus, I went ahead and contacted my corporate guy who was gonna do 100% matching only to find out that his company recently changed its policy to 50% matching. I was displeased to say the least.

So, I come to y'all and the Soulstrut network to see if we can possibly get this money 100% matched by a corporate sponsor so that it can go to Habitat For Humanity. Additionally, I still have a little more than 100 CDs if someone wants to try to slang them and get more money donated.

Thank you for your time and concern.

gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Here's the deal folks: We've covered costs and raised some money. $2700 gross, $1700 net. Although I am a little disappointed in that I wanted to raise more $$$, I am still very pleased that the project was solvent and even made a profit. Thank you to all that contributed and copped!

I have not been able to promote the album for about two weeks due to me trying to get in the Graduate School and do not forsee this changing anytime soon. Thus, I went ahead and contacted my corporate guy who was gonna do 100% matching only to find out that his company recently changed its policy to 50% matching. I was displeased to say the least.

So, I come to y'all and the Soulstrut network to see if we can possibly get this money 100% matched by a corporate sponsor so that it can go to Habitat For Humanity. Additionally, I still have a little more than 100 CDs if someone wants to try to slang them and get more money donated.

Thank you for your time and concern.

gNAT
    Hello?

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Sorry I had missed this before. 1700 bucks ain't nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats. I'm certainly pleased with my purchase and happy to contribute. I wish I had a corp. sponsor, but don't. I wanted to give a *bump* and say Thanks!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Likewise, thank you for the time and effort you put into this.