Monthly Rockadelic Contest

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Since I don't have a clue how to download music I thought I'd try to contribute to SS by running a monthly contest where I'll give away an LP to the winner. It will be a Triva Question type thang, sometimes about music, sometimes not. The problem is that the knowledge base here is so incredible I think I'll have a hard time coming up with any challenging questions......I'll start it today and will run one every 15th of the month or thereabouts.....can't promise the prize will blow you away but I'll do my best......here goes..... What infamous musician had his first vinyl release in 1952 with "On The Battlefield For My Lord"/"Walking In Jesus' Name" as a member of a Gospel Quartet??[/b]

Comments

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    *** i used google too.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i just cheated using google so i wont enter
    edit: beaten anyway

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Wow...I need to come up with questions you can't Google....ov vey!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Wow...I need to come up with questions you can't Google....ov vey!!
    searching just for: "On The Battlefield For My Lord Walking In Jesus' Name" came up with it as the first result

• Rockadelic comes with the real shit folks. He sent me a nice copy of Del Jones' Positive Vibes because I guessed a question about Pamela Anderson and Colonel Sanders.

How the fuck does Colonel spell Colonel?

And, are you going to come up with an ungoogable question?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    if I don't like the record can I send it back with some birth control?

And, are you going to come up with an ungoogable question?

I'm trying but it's pretty damn hard!!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    sly stone?

if I don't like the record can I send it back with some birth control?

"I'm afraid you have problems that FILL IN THE BLANK"

sly stone?

Sly Stone it is, as a member of "The Stewart Four"

Apparently that was too easy to Google and the first guys who looked it up graciously bowed out....so I'm trying to come up with a question that can't be Googled....and is somewhat fair??!!??

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    regardless rockadelic, this was a very valiant effort. i look forward to the monthly contests.

OK........ Name three Dallas born artists who's pictures have been used as Avatars here on SS since I joined in 11/05!![/b]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Apparently that was too easy to Google and the first guys who looked it up graciously bowed out....so I'm trying to come up with a question that can't be Googled....and is somewhat fair??!!??
    If you trust me ( ), you can PM me with the question beforehand and I can run some Googling on it since I don't have shit better to do at work.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    sly stone?

Sly Stone it is, as a member of "The Stewart Four"

so I don't win nothin'???

RIPPOFF!!!