M-Powered/Pro Tools LE - hot or not?!!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
So I have Mackie Tracktion and Ableton live (both of which are not hot when it comes to editing a one take mixtape). What's your opinion of M-Powered and Pro Tools LE for a task like this?I'm trying to do multi-tracking, some key correction with Serato Pitch n Time, cd mastering, etc.If you can break down what I'm not getting in Tracktion or Ableton, that would be greatly appreciated!Thanks

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I really can't get with Live's interface for editing stuff. I'm getting the hang of sequencing within it but editing just seems overly complicated unless I'm completely missing something. Pro Tools is good for editing mixtapes but it's also a bit overkill in my mind. Do you already have a soundcard or is this some money ain't a thing shit?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I really can't get with Live's interface for editing stuff. I'm getting the hang of sequencing within it but editing just seems overly complicated unless I'm completely missing something. Pro Tools is good for editing mixtapes but it's also a bit overkill in my mind. Do you already have a soundcard or is this some money ain't a thing shit?

I'm getting the M-Audio FW solo interface which works with M-Powered, but I know workaround that you can upgrade from M-Powered to Pro Tools LE.

I like Live for making lil remixes and what not, but as an editor, it's not for me.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm using M-Powered on a PC with a Firewire 410 and it works fine. You don't really need to switch from M-Powered to LE because beyond a few supported hardware things, the only difference is whether you're using an MBox or an M-Audio interface. The only thing I really hate about Pro Tools compared to different multi-track recording software is the real-time bouncing, but in my case I guess it's not that bad because I have an extra listen to catch mistakes in the mix