Olivia Heat?

2»

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    anyone got that womens liberation rekkid with one side done in one city by a group of feminists and the other side from another.

One of them towns was funky as fuck the other one was straight mayoniase

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Berkeley Collective?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    nah, I think one side was Chicago and the other was Providence or something. You'd be surpriused as to which side was cocked full o'funk

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    Yeah I find them all over the country, and never one at a time - like the whole damn catalog as well as plenty of Meg Christiansen or whatever and that fucking Lavender Jane record that some tool tried to pawn off as loner shit

I found a Meg Christiansen in a thrift down here even - what a terd !

• anyone got that womens liberation rekkid with one side done in one city by a group of feminists and the other side from another.

Mountain Moving Day on Rounder.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    anyone got that womens liberation rekkid with one side done in one city by a group of feminists and the other side from another.

Yes, my weed soaked brain hardly remembers any raers. Hence the "discuss" list

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    mountain moving day is dope

wait for it....

for some butchy carpet munchers

• anyone got that womens liberation rekkid with one side done in one city by a group of feminists and the other side from another.

Are you needing this or are you asking if anyone (else) has it?

I like that record. Sells well. Easy enough to find amongst the lesbian communes in the great mountainous north

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Purchase;

Jade & Sarsaparilla s/t on Submaureen Records.

'I can't stay, I can't go' is mind numbingly beautiful.

http://www.groovytunesday.com/descriptions/music/jade_sarsaparilla.html

• Recently picked these up,

Mountain moving day Lp - the track 'prison song' from this album sounds very similar to the 'Cold Blood' version of 'I just wanna make love to you'.

Lesbian Concentrate - A lesbianthology of songs and poems (Olivia Compilation),featuring most of the artists mentioned in this thread.

I like the track 'Dont pray for me' by Linda Tillery from the above compilation,just wondering if her (s/t album) shows up often,and what peoples opinions are on this Lp, does it have tracks similar to 'Dont pray for me',which i also recently discovered is on her s/t Lp.

also on the s/t thanks.

Peace.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I like the track 'Dont pray for me' by Linda Tillery from the above compilation,just wondering if her (s/t album) shows up often,and what peoples opinions are on this Lp, does it have tracks similar to 'Dont pray for me',which i also recently discovered is on her s/t Lp.

also on the s/t thanks.

"Freedom Time" is the joint on that LP, I think its on one of those Bay funk comps... TIGHT song, I can't remember anything else on the LP though

Been in demand for a minute and certainly the best thing on Olivia by a long shot, I'd say at least $15 but less than $40...

She was also in a rock band on Columbia

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Purchase;

That album's good, but if you listen to it in it's entirety you'll start lactating or menstruating or both. No kidding.

• Purchase;

That album's good

That's it motherfucker. PREPARE TO THROW DOWN.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

also on the s/t thanks.

"Freedom Time" is the joint on that LP, I think its on one of those Bay funk comps... TIGHT song, I can't remember anything else on the LP though

Been in demand for a minute and certainly the best thing on Olivia by a long shot, I'd say at least $15 but less than $40...

Here in NorCal I'm pulling that Tillery out of my hairy lactating man breasts. I've had it like half a doze times in the last year. I'm always able to get rid of it on the strut though. People always want it.

did you get yers, Danno?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    [color:white]
    It's a predictable point of view
    This group dynamic caters to
    It's a particular point of view
    I think you know when it caters to you
    (And if you do know don't act like you
    don't cuz it's really annoying, and if
    you don't know, well, let's just say,
    you're a lot lot stupider than I thought)
    I'll pretend your friends are my friends
    But I don't wanna hear you defend them
    In fact that kinda insults me and
    I kinda don't really wanna be here right
    I stopped talking an hour ago[/color]
    [color:pink]I stopped talking an hour ago
    [color:white]I stopped talking an hour ago
    I stopped talking an hour ago, ago
    OK: Your whole thing put me in
    Negative space for way too fucking long
    The only thing I managed to say during
    That time was 'I hate danger'
    What I really should have said is
    You're so not dangerous
    You're so not what you say you are at all[/color]

Purchase;

That album's good

That's it motherfucker. PREPARE TO THROW DOWN.

OK, ok, only one track on that album is good. I stand by that; I even played it on my show.

Where's your mix, ye who pronounces on all matters of taste?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

also on the s/t thanks.

If you find a stack of Womens Music and Linda Tillery, Baba Yaga, Mountain Moving and Alive are not in there, then you know another digger has beaten you to the spot.

Linda Tillery was in a SF rock group called Loading Zone, they did a record for Columbia that requires a few dollars to purchase, and they did a private press, that requires a lot of dollars to purchase. She did another one for Columbia with the ubiquitous (or perhaps just obnoxious) Al kooper called Sweet Linda Divine.

Dan

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Oh Yeah, Alive. That one kicks ass too.
    For someone who asked previously, I think Linda Tillery was in the band "The Loading Zone" with Souls of Mischief breakbeatraer.
    Supercalifragilisticexpiamackadocious
    T.N.

Oh Yeah, Alive. That one kicks ass too.

Agreed. That version of Skindo is such a burner!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    speaking of lesbian records, anyone ever heard the Malvina Reynolds LP on Century City? Other release on the label has me curious, but other Malvina records have me not so. Crink?

ohhh ohhh! I like Malvina Reynolds, but didn't know there was on on Century City. cool!

Yeah a dealer I know has it and I want it but I don't want to venture the sum he wants on something I've never heard.

You like Malvina? uh....

I like Malvina Reynolds. Great songwriter and person. Please don't buy any if you are looking for more than clever folk songs sung by an old woman.

Dan

The one on Century City has members of The Byrds, Dillards and Sunshine Company and actually has 2-3 good cuts on it.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Are you needing this or are you asking if anyone (else) has it?

I like that record. Sells well. Easy enough to find amongst the lesbian communes in the great mountainous north

neither. I got a copy of it, thought I'd bring it up cause it fit into the thread. Unfortunately I don't ever remember stuff like names, or...or...ummm yeah

nevermind

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    speaking of lesbian records, anyone ever heard the Malvina Reynolds LP on Century City? Other release on the label has me curious, but other Malvina records have me not so. Crink?

ohhh ohhh! I like Malvina Reynolds, but didn't know there was on on Century City. cool!

Yeah a dealer I know has it and I want it but I don't want to venture the sum he wants on something I've never heard.

You like Malvina? uh....

I like Malvina Reynolds. Great songwriter and person. Please don't buy any if you are looking for more than clever folk songs sung by an old woman.

Dan

The one on Century City has members of The Byrds, Dillards and Sunshine Company and actually has 2-3 good cuts on it.

I need this!