Spinning at punk shows?

124»

Comments

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    se i remember that shit, slapshot used to play out here a lot & there was always beef w/ choke gettin heckled & hen jumpin down & fighting, was funny... & i know being a bit older than myself AP has some good fenders ballroom events bout lots of these mentioned bands...

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

=

???????

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    :19638/webhost/rollout">-->

stalker?

huh? I checked out the website thats listed under YOUR EFFING NAME, dude...

I was actually just trying to understand where you're coming from, I've honestly never heard anyone compare the Clash and the Ramones to Green Day before, and probably never will again...

to tell you the truth I'm not even much of a fan of either of those groups but I respect what they represent...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've honestly never heard anyone compare the Clash and the Ramones to Green Day before

I have, a million times! At least, the reverse comparison...although early (and really, I actually liked them, although all my friends hated on it and said I was just trying to extend my youth) Green Day rips off/pays homage to The Buzzcocks more than Clash or Ramones...see "Rancid" and "The Riverdales" respectively for those rips.

Oh, and a tip for any Strutters looking for OG punk that is Strut-worthy, check for Vic Godard & Subway Sect...I think Norton just put out a comp on them, which is good news for you, because I spent the better part of a year tracking down the old Rough Trade comp LP from 1984 (word to Gemm!)

huh? I checked out the website thats listed under YOUR EFFING NAME, dude...
    i was kidding g'...

I was actually just trying to understand where you're coming from, I've honestly never heard anyone compare the Clash and the Ramones to Green Day before, and probably never will again...

to tell you the truth I'm not even much of a fan of either of those groups but I respect what they represent...

my comparison was actually taken out of context which is understandable its a message board, i meant more as to anyone you ask about punk name those 2 bands, the new school heads name green day or offspring as punk, its the easy road out, def not saying green day was musically the same as those cats, but what other bands were being rocked next to your clash or ramones, or was that it?
    shit the clash had some of the most off the hook lyrics still to this day, & yeah the ramones were pioneers but was it of punk? plenty of peoples opinions differ on this its the nature of the punk beast... it's like soul vs modern soul, a pointless catagory, that we can geek out on...
    but thats the fine line btwn "punk" & "hardXcore"
    so respect to you dig dug, cuz w/o your opinions for or against all this typing would be a waste & my fingers are hurting...

peace

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    its cool man... i guess i just prefer the idea of when a whole lot of different new sounds were thrown together under the banner of "punk" just cuz that was the catchall name for the new music... i don't like the fact that it became a cartoony caricature of itself in no time (though it was surely inevitable)

i'm not much of a hardcore guy, for the most part it begins and ends with bad brains, minor threat and germs for me... i tend towards the metal side of things as far as 80s thrashiness is concerned...

for the most part it begins and ends with bad brains, minor threat and germs for me...

nothing wrong with that...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Rilly Truffle (who?) has some interesting stories ...

Stream or download this mix ... An hour and fifteen minutes of punk.

Experience is the best teacher.

Go out on thin ice.[/b]

PARTY'S OVER

GET THE FUCK OUT!!![/b]

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    wow.

And Glaflitah - DJing has been around well before Hip Hop.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    wow.

And Glaflitah - DJing has been around well before Hip Hop.

yeah, if you're casey casem