Is it really worth this much???

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've only bought one record from CM and his packaging was great, speedy delivery and all that. But damn if I'm gonna pay $150 dollars for a $30 record though. I image that he'll never unload some of his stuff with his insane pricing. I ain't mad though, the guy has crazy records. Ebay seller solidviper is even higher, 80 dollars for VG 10 dollar records and shit.

Moerer knows the market and prices at the very high end; solidviper, as far as I can tell, doesn't really know what he's doing, as he'll occasionally let big pieces go cheap.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Naw, I think it all gets sold in time, and I don't think his prices are random... he knows what he can get

Serious collectors who wouldn't fuck with ebay will buy from him...

Thats the Truth right there He doesnt mind if it sits there for awhile, its not going to lessen in value really...maybe though, if the Artist ends up as child molester or something....but what are the chances of that?

Anyways I agree 100% with AP. I have had the pleasure of working for Mr. Moerer for over two years. He is incredible in every sense. People sweat my grading system on Ebay because its not goldmine but that is because its BETTER than that and I stick with what I learned at Craigs. The man has more vinyl than anyone this side of the Mississippi. Chances are, he has what you want.....at a price of course, but 98% of what he sales is Mint. If you want to find it yourself for less , go for it, dont knock the price because he isnt in the business of catering to diggers, he caters to collectors and producers who want superb product. If you want worn out VG vinyl, check the dollar bin, there arent any yard sale records in his inventory.

If you live in the NW, the proof is in the puddin, everything that is less than VG+ ends up at Crossroads. He wouldnt charge less than he knows he can get, the man has been in business for more than 30 years. That Ayers is something he has probably restocked 100 times. He is one of the best because he has high standards on everything...amazing product and superior customer service, not to mention one of the best selections on the planet without a doubt. He knows more about wax then I, or any of us really, could ever dream of knowing. He could write the book on selling collectable and rare vinyl, as Ive suggested to him many times.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Thats the Truth right there He doesnt mind if it sits there for awhile, its not going to lessen in value really...maybe though, if the Artist ends up as child molester or something....but what are the chances of that?

Anyways I agree 100% with AP. I have had the pleasure of working for Mr. Moerer for over two years. He is incredible in every sense. People sweat my grading system on Ebay because its not goldmine but that is because its BETTER than that and I stick with what I learned at Craigs. The man has more vinyl than anyone this side of the Mississippi. Chances are, he has what you want.....at a price of course, but 98% of what he sales is Mint. If you want to find it yourself for less , go for it, dont knock the price because he isnt in the business of catering to diggers, he caters to collectors and producers who want superb product. If you want worn out VG vinyl, check the dollar bin, there arent any yard sale records in his inventory.

If you live in the NW, the proof is in the puddin, everything that is less than VG+ ends up at Crossroads. He wouldnt charge less than he knows he can get, the man has been in business for more than 30 years. That Ayers is something he has probably restocked 100 times. He is one of the best because he has high standards on everything...amazing product and superior customer service, not to mention one of the best selections on the planet without a doubt. He knows more about wax then I, or any of us really, could ever dream of knowing. He could write the book on selling collectable and rare vinyl, as Ive suggested to him many times.

WOW. Could he beat Chuck Norris in a fist fight?

• I once bought a record from CM on ebay. 2 days after the auction ended
    and everything was squared away he sent me an e-mail saying he had misgraded
    the record. He said he would refund my money if I didnt want it anymore.
    We decided that he would pay the shipping. The record was in great condition
    by my standards. Pretty honest guy.

So thats my CM story.

• i was expecting to see a couple hundred on the price tag, but 50 really isn't that bad a price for a nice copy white label of that record. i hardly see it in the field anymore.

• Image hosting by Photobucket

Some good deals over the years mind; sealed and original of course.

• Answer is yes.

High value, online retailer, read easy for you - but could use soundbites. Then he could really get me to buy more.

• Really the question is does he stock the Biz Doll?

• Major co-sign on the Moerer luv (ayo?). ...super accurate grading and rapid shipping make him one of the best in the business.

His prices are a bit on the high side, but if you need the title in Mint condition, you can truss CM.

SG

Not that he needs my approval but I have no complaints with Craig Moerer either. His delivery is first class (less than 7 days for $8 to the UK, who else is as cheap as that?) and the packaging boxes are as stiff as hell.

Yep, I'll pay the extra for that service rather than some dodgy ebay seller with wrong descriptions, $16 P&P and 4-6 weeks sweating on a delivery.

Same here, bought off him several times, the records are always very well graded and shipped extra fast, if only all ebayers were as concientious as this dude...

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

WOW. Could he beat Chuck Norris in a fist fight?

No one can beat the Texas Ranger, everyone knows that! At least my heros use stacks of wax, not fists of fury. Give peace a chance man....or put up your dukes.

• for some reason, his site always overwhelmes me with the amount of stock. I can only look for about a half hour, then I have to stop.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Naw, I think it all gets sold in time, and I don't think his prices are random... he knows what he can get

Serious collectors who wouldn't fuck with ebay will buy from him...

Welcome

• Alice is right, I work for craig, I pull the orders batches. Shit isn't going to get any easier to find, get it where you can, and don't complain. Craig is solid.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Craig is solid.

When a man gets so much positive feedback in a SS thread, this has to be true.

Craig > Chuck Norris in my book now

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    His prices are not absurd. I mean, if you are in the market for a sealed Sherlock Holmes $400 is probably what you are prepared to pay. If you are a little dude then you shouldn't be bitching about it anyhow.

How is the seperate little dude forum going? Can we get an update?