SnowStrut!

TwoturntablesTwoturntables 58 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Yeah here in the DC VA MD suburbs we got over a foot of snow. Killed my plans to start building a poker table in my garage for our weekly game. My dog looks like a rabbit out there jumping thru the white.What it do for you?

Comments

• I wish we would have seen some snow...even a winter would have been nice.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Looks like we got a foot of snow in my neighborhood. Good day for listening to some records, doing some reading, and maybe cleaning up the spare room.....

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I hate snow.

That said, got about a foot here on the DC/MD line.

Still gotta go in to work tonight.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i'm looking at about 14 inches.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm at work right fuckin now, taking a break from shovellin'. Shit iz crazy.
    New York has been hit by

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    man, we only got a slight dusting doen here in richmond, so looks like you boys up north took the most of it.

grill cheese and tomato bisque day!

Well, 45 minutes of shoveling and cutting some droopy branches and it looks like if the sun stays out, this shit will be melted by tomorrow!

My wife just went to her Mother's and said the roads are fine. But all the public schools in the DC Metro area will STILL probably close tomorrow! In MN this would be just another winter day.

• Damn snow storm made me miss Bumpshop last night!
    It only snows in NYC on Bumpshop nights this winter??

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Over here in Amsterdam its been snowing on and off all day, but its none of that 14 inches type carry on, nawww, this shit just melts as soon as it hits the ground.
    shitty day outside, made worthwhile by my kid who is tripping out about the snow, nothing cuter.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Damn snow storm made me miss Bumpshop last night!
    made me miss dj scratch last night. BOOOOOOO! it's still fucking snowing here. i left my girl's house and walked into a wall of powder.

natebizzo, you're loving this shit.

Damn snow storm made me miss Bumpshop last night!
    made me miss dj scratch last night. BOOOOOOO! it's still fucking snowing here. i left my girl's house and walked into a wall of powder.

natebizzo, you're loving this shit.

We were still able to go see Poncho Sanchez and his Latin Jazz combo(highly recommended, by the way, they smoked) at the Strathmore in Rockville last night, but the Metro made that pretty easy. The snow did not get real heavy til after 10pm last night. And the temp stayed right so that the streets never really iced up. I know what you mean, though, every time I get tickets to something I really wanna see, the weather can be COUNTED on to go bad.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the one day of the week i can go dig. WTF!!

• the one day of the week i can go dig. WTF!!

"Nothing like a good dig, eh?"

• it even snowed in Memphis, only stuck for a day, but it is snowing again right now!

• it hasn't even gotten cold enough to snow in raleigh this winter

• It's still coming down here... I am at the shop now to do some work, my car is across the street under at least a foot, two-three foot drifts blocking it in. All the hardware stores sold out of shevels so I'm waiting for the super to grab one. I love snowstorms, shit is wild.

• I love snowstorms, shit is wild.

driving home from Rubulad at 8am this morning, that was fun. Took forever tho. My windshield wipers were sucking serious dick. I love it when you have that revelation that you need new wipers--while you're in the middle of the worst snow storm of the year.

$??

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    It's still coming down here... I am at the shop now to do some work, my car is across the street under at least a foot, two-three foot drifts blocking it in. All the hardware stores sold out of shevels so I'm waiting for the super to grab one. I love snowstorms, shit is wild.

But dude it's stopping the working man from being able to make a dollar. I say it's unamerican! But hey I'm off to Mexico on Wednesday

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    we were supposed to have some sort of "blizzard" this weekend, but it just started snowing this morning, and its already stopped. im okay with it.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i thought missing money & records at lancaster sucked
    then at 7 am the power went out
    12 hours later it came back on
    dc snow sucks, people don't know how to drive in it
    worse of all
    the forecasters got it right
    so they'll be beating the snow drum every time it might rain a flake
    & puffing their chests like they don't get it wrong 90% of the time
    no public sckool tomorrow
    so at least the kids can play
    9" in my yard

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    We used to freak the neighbors out back when I was a kid by going out the night of a snow storm and building a bunch of these around the neighborhood and placing dog shit in them.....the rumors that started the next morning were priceless.