Sometimes I feel like mofos here need to STFU

124»

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Did someone from this site actually go running their mouth about something you told them about??? If so, that is a bit different, IMO & I can see why you'd be pissed.

I am shocked that you would suggest that anybody on SoulStrut--even hypothetically--would go "running their mouth" about anything!

Forgive me - I got carried away.

Ok, gotta run - have to go explain to people that there is no santa, and that they get nothing for xmas in Feb....

• Compare to when someone finds a box of a record, and sells a few copies... telling people, "please don't put this on ebay or mention that quantity turned up" and then someone starts throwing a copy up on ebay every week. True stories...

Why does this remind me of Jimmie and the Lufthansa heist from "Goodfellas"?

"Bring it back."

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    i actually didn't post this b/c of lovelites, but yeah I learned my lesson on that one.

The real test of this theory will be what happens when one goes up for auction. People finding copies on their own (outside of eBay) won't do very much for any kind of global price hike.

Honestly, 99% of dudes and dudettes who frenzy for said flavor of the month hot titles will recoil in horror when they actually hear said flavour.

What are you implying here?

This LP is 100% amazing. One of the most satifying LP purchases I've made.

I earn my money and spend it however I want.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Little Dudes that are willing to live with their moms and dine on Ramen every night in order to beat us out of a LoveLites LP...

ewww, definition of not a good look.

i actually didn't post this b/c of lovelites, but yeah I learned my lesson on that one.

The real test of this theory will be what happens when one goes up for auction. People finding copies on their own (outside of eBay) won't do very much for any kind of global price hike.

Honestly, 99% of dudes and dudettes who frenzy for said flavor of the month hot titles will recoil in horror when they actually hear said flavour.

Nothing about you. MissB and I however feel differently about this record than most of the real headz here.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Nothing about you. MissB and I however feel differently about this record than most of the real headz here.

It's all love.

• dude i have been getting $150 to $200 for the lovelites since 1998 when bestsound alex had that shit all over his wantlist. its not like that record is hot because of soulstrut or anything. it is a known record.

• AP you mean me? I know the lovelites is known... when i got my copy late last year i knew it was a $150-ish record. I paid the guy $60 or $75 for it. Can't remember. Anyway I fell in love with the record and took it home and traded myself for Whole Darn Family and Headless Heroes out of my personal collection.

I am talking about lesser known or unknown records that you show or sell someone and then it's all over the internet and then it's not "lesser known" or "unknown" anymore.

This can be compared to how people seem to always fuck up when handling quantity.

• "I've never seen the record game played so badly"

BLAST FROM THE PAST...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    where's the waaaaaambulance?

sorry for the delay, but it's been busy taking care of people upset over netflix and not getting secret santa's package.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    compete with Little Dudes that are willing to live with their moms and dine on Ramen every night in order to beat us out of a LoveLites LP...
    What if I live with my moms but eat well?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Ok, my $0.02: The whole little dude, real headz, holy grail collectro bullshit is just that, bullshit.
    its music. thats what it is, i buy records because i like the music (or sometimes the design) i must be getting old, but as far as im concerned half the thrill of the kill is in the chase, digging to me is not researching what the hot breakz with phat horn stabz holy grail is, i could give a fuck.
    i get more satisfaction picking up an album i know nothing about for less than $10 because i liked the music, than spending my time searching for a so-called holy grail. and if the record i brought is frowned upon by the 'real headz' or turns out to be a 'holy grail' i could give a fuck.

Paycheck, i appreciate you are coming from a different perspective, its your business and a mans gotta eat, the internet has changed the game no doubt, any kid with a fat wallet can amass a collection of so-called grails, sit back and... move on to the next fad. Bro, youll always be able to buy their collections when they run on to the next cool thing.

in the meantime ill be listening to music.

• Ok, my $0.02: The whole little dude, real headz, holy grail collectro bullshit is just that, bullshit.
    its music. thats what it is, i buy records because i like the music (or sometimes the design) i must be getting old, but as far as im concerned half the thrill of the kill is in the chase, digging to me is not researching what the hot breakz with phat horn stabz holy grail is, i could give a fuck.
    i get more satisfaction picking up an album i know nothing about for less than $10 because i liked the music, than spending my time searching for a so-called holy grail. and if the record i brought is frowned upon by the 'real headz' or turns out to be a 'holy grail' i could give a fuck.

Paycheck, i appreciate you are coming from a different perspective, its your business and a mans gotta eat, the internet has changed the game no doubt, any kid with a fat wallet can amass a collection of so-called grails, sit back and... move on to the next fad. Bro, youll always be able to buy their collections when they run on to the next cool thing.

in the meantime ill be listening to music.

well put and co-sign

• I think I have not been clear in my sequence of posts, I don't really gripe about the internet want-list thing, although I do find it lame and limiting, I gripe about dudes who blow up the spot relatively low-profile records which doesn't really help anyone... yadadig?

• when i exposed the world to my private issue new age fantasy it first felt like the biggest weight had been lifted off my chest. perhaps akin to not having not taken a dump for 10,000 years and then finally having a huge crystal drop out of yer ass. like the ones the sell at cosmic eye with all the jagged edges and so forth.

now it is just a nightmare. everyone keeping the good private new age arica audition for themselves and sending me 30 copies of larkin. now my ass hurts. i need help. do i expose the throngs of soulstrut feinders to my inner most lurking private issue fantasy? or do i keep my information to myself with a gripping feeling of a scorned child playing with his private issue toys. what am i talking about? i have mouth to feed! i need to sell this goddamn shit right now. kitty winter gipsy nova anyone?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    "I've never seen the record game played so badly"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Just read through the whole thread.....

JP, you seem like you're only mad because lil dudes don't "deserve" to obtain certain records. Like you expect everybody to "pay dues" before they enter the secret society of under-the-radar rare gems. In the "ideal game" that might happen, but people have different sized wallets and different agendas. To real heads, trends might be annoying, but that just goes on to prove that nobody is bigger than the game.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ok, my $0.02: The whole little dude, real headz, holy grail collectro bullshit is just that, bullshit.

Ban this dude

Ban this dude

Yeah, fuck his opinon.