Digitizing Your Collection (Microwave DJs Related)

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    if you turn off airport, how can you download snap music requests from limewire?

sayin.

• i just ordered serato and a referbished powerbook (12 inch 1.5ghz G4 superdrive, 1.25 gig ram, 80 gig HD) ...im geeking out checkign my order status every day and such, i just got a couple questions.

if i get an mbox, is it possible to record my mixes while using serato. i know both serato and the mbox use the USB bus would that be a problem? also would my processor be able to handle it? would it work better if i got a firewire m.audio box and got the limited version of pro tools that works with m audio (just so i would free up the USB for just serato)?

thanks for all the tips in this thread so far

• also when ripping in iTunes:

what better Joint Stereo or Normal
    what is "smart encoding adjustments" ?
    Filter Frequencies Below 10hz...sounds like a good idea, is it?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if i get an mbox, is it possible to record my mixes while using serato. i know both serato and the mbox use the USB bus would that be a problem? also would my processor be able to handle it?
    It can be a problem. The best way to find out is to find a place with a liberal return policy and buy an MBox and test it out. Your Powerbook's Firewire ports should be powered so you may want to look into a Firewire interface also.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

that is how I have mine now, but my upload folder has close to a thousand unsorted items.

also fw > usb2. You pay more, but it's worth it.........

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY LITTLE SPINNY RECORD ICONS WONT SHOW UP????

you mean the virtual decks won't show up?!

what build are you on? Pc/mac?

If you're on mac 1.4, there's a known issue about that.

i just ordered serato and a referbished powerbook (12 inch 1.5ghz G4 superdrive, 1.25 gig ram, 80 gig HD) ...im geeking out checkign my order status every day and such, i just got a couple questions.

if i get an mbox, is it possible to record my mixes while using serato. i know both serato and the mbox use the USB bus would that be a problem? also would my processor be able to handle it? would it work better if i got a firewire m.audio box and got the limited version of pro tools that works with m audio (just so i would free up the USB for just serato)?

thanks for all the tips in this thread so far

As me and Aser were discussing yesterday, it's better to stay away from USB periphs due to the additional strain which can cause "usb dropouts" which are

• CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY LITTLE SPINNY RECORD ICONS WONT SHOW UP????

Exactly! I am on a mac, I don't know which version cause I'm pretty much a toy! but it wouldn't surprise me. So I'm thinking I can fix this with a (readily available) download?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY LITTLE SPINNY RECORD ICONS WONT SHOW UP????

Exactly! I am on a mac, I don't know which version cause I'm pretty much a toy! but it wouldn't surprise me. So I'm thinking I can fix this with a (readily available) download?

yeah, sounds about right. Just get the updated 1.4 if you don't feel like going to 1.5 beta just yet.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Another question:

I'm start to digitize from vinyl now (using Cashless' suggestion to go through the Serato box).

What did people give priority to? In other words, what did you digitize first?

Your party records?
    Shit you're thinking about dumping but are ambivalent enough to make a copy first?
    Rare shit that you can then hope to trade to another Dildo??? user to swap for other files?

Real Microwave Headz wanna know.

• i did party shit last, and stacked my warm up/early night shit first so i could just bring one bag of party shit and not be screwed if there was a computer problem... plus serato motivated me to finally digitize the records that i want to listen to outside of my turntable room in my house, and most of that wasn't really the party joints

• As for devices, I grabbed up this baby for about $160 and have been pleased:
    Image hosting by Photobucket

Comes with Cubase ... not the most intuitive program at first but it does what you need it to do once you get your flow going. The US 122 is a USB device, though, if that is a concern.

• Within the next few months I'm about to make some major upgrades to my setup, and there's a lot of stuff I want to convert too (especially if there are any shows for me on the horizon). Could someone post a 30 second sample of a vinyl conversion? I'd like to be able to hear how good (or bad) the quality is.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Stuff is really going to vary some setup to setup, but I can post something up for you. Any specific requests?